Author Topic: Detox to have an eastcoast sound ??????  (Read 1109 times)

dubsmith nz

• Lil Geezy
Re: Detox to have an eastcoast sound ??????
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 06:39:43 PM »
Dre did say he's been listening to alot of Mobb Deep and Wu Tang, but the only thing East Coast sounding he's dropped was "Death To My Enemies" even Raekwon didn't get those grimey East beats. Be interesting though, new sound for Dre

Remember that 50 cent's In Da Hood joint

Yeah I could never get into that track, was still West Coast influenced though. The joints he gave Jigga and Nas weren't very East Coast. The closest he's come is probably some of his early aftermath beats, the mafioso firm era. But recently there's been only 1 East Coast joint, Death To My Enemies and I gotta admit that shit goes hard!

Either way we've had about 5 Detox leaks, and everyone has had a different sound. Topless, Shit Popped Off, Under Pressure, Turn Me On, Flashy. None of these tracks really flow together, so he's definitely been searching for that sound

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 06:46:39 PM »
Does anybody on here really think that Detox is going to sound like anything Dre has done before?

when compared to his last albums it won't be similar at all, because shit is going to be wack as fuck
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

jeanmiche777

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »
Well I saw in an interview that the only hip hop music he listens to is old school mobb deep. No big surprise. There's a lot of similarities in their sound.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 07:00:55 PM »
I think Dre has all but guaranteed that people will not like this album no matter how it comes out lol. Short of cure cancer, fix the economy and create jobs.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 06:32:53 PM »
Dre been sounding eastcoast for a minute now tho. IM cool with it.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 11:26:36 PM »
Well I saw in an interview that the only hip hop music he listens to is old school mobb deep. No big surprise. There's a lot of similarities in their sound.

The production and mixing on 'The Infamous' was phenomenal. But really Dre? I mean, I guess I can't knock him for being into old school Mobb Deep the most, but... i mean there is similar music to what they made that i consider just as valuable.... oh well. lol.

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2010, 07:34:46 AM »
all these artists who talk about detox like its some revolutionary shit are such fucking tools

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 02:54:44 AM »
Just one man gets to bump Detox whenever he wants, its Chuck Norris.

word, detox is chuck norris approved. Dre will not release this otherwise he will eat chuck norris fists

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2010, 06:51:55 AM »
all these artists who talk about detox like its some revolutionary shit are such fucking tools
who isnt sucking up to Dre these days

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 07:10:09 AM »
maybe dr. dre has been releasing Detox thru workin with other producers under the table.  maybe he could've worked with Jeezy on "lose my mind" or a couple of tracks with Nipsey on his shit he's been releasin, he could've been workin with some things with Kanye or Swagger Mane or co produced some tracks with Swizz Beatz, Niggarachi, or Lexx Lugar.  Maybe that's whut Nottz and everybody was talking about when they say they've heard  Detox?  I might aswell throw out Tha Dogg Pound's name out there too on some Direction/Mixing type shit or song guidance.  Really, Detox isn't an album but it's a sound.

i mean after all, we're used to being under the impression that Dre do boom bap piano string hip hop and having that sound that they have over there (that Bishop Lamont/Eminem shit).  but for some1 who's been this dedicated thru all of this time has surely developed some sort've musical skill.  I'm sure Premier and 9th Wonder can really produce some music, Quik & Terrace ain't the only niggaz that play instruments. 

Some songs I've heard on the radio over the past few years have had some similarities to a Dr. Dre production (I mean really noticable like some of Beyonce's records and Alicia Keyes records; of course I could be wrong about those particular two ladies but I know I ain't far off the bat).  Dr. Dre could be looking for that Dr. Dre he's supposed to be (and I say that lightly). 

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »
Detox aint never coming out gonna blow our minds, shit gonna be biggest thing in music history

and if it will, shit gonna be wack shit gonna make us delete our entire music collection, throw away cds..

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2010, 04:15:23 PM »
Detox is going to be a wack fest......because hip hop is about having a persona and a greatvoice and dre doesn't have that.....all he has is his beats his voice was never anything special he always was able to get by on the strength of his beats...He couldn't make a dope record even if he tryed to .....everyone who is waiting on detox is like waiting on
Gary Coleman to put out a dope hip hop album..........

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 04:20:39 PM by Smackdog »
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

BIGWORM

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2010, 06:18:26 PM »
Dr.Dre makes more money by not dropping detox. Figure it out...

Snoopy Mack

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2010, 11:49:49 PM »
definitely never coming out.

And U do know that! lol :D
Mac Shawn is that you?!

but yeah above post is right.(BigWorm)

Umm though Detox,I'm sick of hearing all this "It's coming soon"what the world ending?
Geez even though some of you guys are hating on him right now,9/10 y'all gon cop it when it does come out.Dr.Dre should have kept us happy in the mean time and should have released some "Dr.Dre and the family" compilations similar in idea to those P.Diddy ones.He could use his bass players,keyboard players,samples,2nd pair of ears,Dr. Dre 2(This one is gonna hold us down later on with ads promoting Detox as well).He had along time to release this and that,I know hes what a "perfectionist" and all that but still.

I'm surprised I haven't heard the nWo is stopping Dre releasing Detox,yet lol

but yeah above post is right.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 12:06:54 AM by Snoopy Mack »