Author Topic: Official Pacquiao vs. Margarito Discussion  (Read 400 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Official Pacquiao vs. Margarito Discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 09:50:38 AM »
Mayweather needs to man up and get the ball rolling, no more farting around.
But he won't though.  He was already scared to begin with, now to have seen Pacquiao demolish a fighter that he had ducked probably just made it even worse.  And remember, Pacquiao wasn't even as focused as he usually is, given his other obligations (Congress) and various appearances (endorsing some politician in Nevada, appearing and singing on Jimmy Kimmel Live, etc.).  Imagine if he had trained 100% over the past seven weeks.  Mayweather knows that.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »
i'd love to see pacman beat the shit out of mayweather, cant stand these c0cky fighters and athletes....i was so laughing when roy jones jr. got his ass handed to him about 3 times. lol now he's not making anymore rap songs

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 09:14:46 AM »
It's not so much Mayweather being cocky... it's him being so cocky without proving it.  I've been listening to him for the past two years talk about how he is the greatest and how he can beat Pacquiao (with Floyd Sr. and Roger saying the same thing while also insinuating that he's on steroids), yet he keeps finding new excuses to not fight.  Shall we take a stroll down memory lane?

After beating Cotto, Pacquiao was asked what he wants to do next, and Pacquiao said that he just wanted to be with his family and go on a vacation for a bit.  Mayweather later attacked Pacquiao and said that Pacquiao was scared and wasn't clearly saying that he wanted to fight Mayweather and how he was changing the subject by saying he wanted to go on a vacation.  Of course, days later, Pacquiao was interviewed by some LA news channel (probably NBC) where he said, for the record, that he did want to fight Mayweather.  Then a few months after Mayweather beat Mosley when the second round of negotiations started, Mayweather said that it had only been a month or two since his last fight with Mosley, and that he wasn't thinking about boxing and how he wanted to be with his family and go on a vacation.  Isn't that ironic?

I remember Floyd Sr. trying to discredit Pacquiao's victory over De La Hoya during their HBO 24/7 Overtime interview shortly before the fight (which is on YouTube), where he was saying that Pacquiao fought a drained De La Hoya at a "catchweight" (even though it technically wasn't since it was at the welterweight limit, but he was saying that they used a lower limit as a catchweight below what Oscar normally fights at).  Either way, De La Hoya agreed to it, but they conveniently leave out the fact that Pacquiao jumped two whole weight categories to fight De La Hoya compared to his last fight against David Diaz.  And then they talk about the catchweight with Cotto (though it was only two pounds) and Margarito (which wasn't so much a hindrance for Margarito since the majority of his recent fights were at welterweight anyway), though they forget to mention that the fights did agree to it.  On the flip side, Mayweather even agreed to a catchweight against Marquez (which he disregarded and came in two pounds over anyway).  Though on that note, while the Mayweathers will always talk about how easily Floyd manhandled Marquez compared to Pacquiao struggling with him, they'll never mention the fact that like Pacquiao against De La Hoya, Marquez had to fight a bigger man and jump two weight categories into welterweight where he had never fought before.  Plus Pacquiao, at that point in his career, was still developing.  Oh, and Mayweather had Hatton come up in weight also.

Meanwhile, Mayweather had clearly dodged Margarito and chose Baldomir for the pretty much the same money (as both fights were offering $8 million paydays), plus he had never fought Cotto (who also had a UD victory over Mosley before he did) or Clottey (who tore up Judah easier than he did).

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 09:27:22 AM »
Mayweather needs to man up and get the ball rolling, no more farting around.
But he won't though.  He was already scared to begin with, now to have seen Pacquiao demolish a fighter that he had ducked probably just made it even worse.  And remember, Pacquiao wasn't even as focused as he usually is, given his other obligations (Congress) and various appearances (endorsing some politician in Nevada, appearing and singing on Jimmy Kimmel Live, etc.).  Imagine if he had trained 100% over the past seven weeks.  Mayweather knows that.

Oh I think Antonio's camp making fun of Freddie Roach was motivation enough. And to think he showed compassion in the later rounds. If he didn't Antonio would now have Parkinson's disease as well.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 12:34:45 PM »
Oh I think Antonio's camp making fun of Freddie Roach was motivation enough. And to think he showed compassion in the later rounds. If he didn't Antonio would now have Parkinson's disease as well.
Yeah, Margarito's career is already in question due to his orbital bone having been fractured.  Take into account the recovery time necessary along with the fact that it may never been as strong again, then think of how bad it could've been in Pacquiao kept going at him.  You have to give Margarito some props though, he did show a lot of guts by continuing to fight and throw punches, whereas Cotto soldiered on until the ref ended the fight but was more or less running from Pacquiao the whole time in the last couple of rounds, just trying to survive.

I was also hoping that Rios (one of the guys training alongside Margarito who was on the undercard) would get slapped around for his involvement in that too, but he won his fight.  Robert Garcia (Margarito's trainer) is probably gonna get his too, since despite him following Margarito's wishes, his refusal to stop the fight played a role in his fractured orbital bone.  Before the fight, people were already thinking of a possible rematch between him and Cotto, though this will postpone that for a while.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »
The numbers were released today, it looks like the Pacquiao-Margarito fight did 1.15 million PPV buys.