Author Topic: Crooked I Quitting Hiphop Weeklys  (Read 1139 times)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Re: Crooked I Quitting Hiphop Weeklys
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2010, 11:24:47 AM »
Every body copied him?
Every body copied Kanye, crooked didn't inspire any one.

Hate to say it but this statement is true

If we gonna be honest, Crooked started that weekly idea, it was all over,he was on cover of XXL on article LEADERS OF THE NEW SCHOOL, they praised his move with HHW all over how he took over the internet. Kanye used the same idea normally cause Kanye is such a big name and made it bigger,I mean dude was droppin finished-mastered cdq songs from his upcoming album, leaking one every week, of course world is gonna speak about it.
Kanye took Crookeds idea and made it better for himself, cause he has the power to. I mean lets be honest Crooked cant leak song every week with original production from top producers and biggest industry name features like Jay Z, TI, Rick Rawse, Drake etc etc. Anyway conclusion is that Kanye did his thing for sure, but its Crookeds idea and Good Fridays is Crooked hip hop weekly series inspired move
Crook Started it, doesn't mean he started the trend.
Kanye started the trend, if he didn't do it nobody else would be doing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kanye never heard the name crooked I.

Kanye sort of revamped the weekly drops idea. Many did this before Ye did.

Damn right. Since Crooked started it, dudes are doing it, its not like it stopped and then Kanye re-invented it. Kanye is just one who rode that train.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2010, 01:16:40 PM »
By the way, I don't see anyone mentioning it, but Banks had a weekly thing going too. Everybody saturday or sunday; I forgot.
How do you guys know Crooked didn't just say that because he didn't feel like doing it anymore?

Why does his reasonings have to be inferred as something negative towards him? "He gave up", "He can't compete with Kanye", etc.

I love his Weekly's but it's no secret that this series isn't as dope as the last series.

Could be working on an album, could be working with Slaughterhouse, could just want a break.

I would agree with you except he keeps bring up that others are copying him.  He caught feelings cause no one was feeling it and it became a waste of time to do.

I mean, I know that nobody is copying him to the point that his series should just stop; but if he wanted out, it's plausible that he used that as the excuse for an easy way out.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2010, 01:30:14 PM »
Every body copied him?
Every body copied Kanye, crooked didn't inspire any one.

Hate to say it but this statement is true

If we gonna be honest, Crooked started that weekly idea, it was all over,he was on cover of XXL on article LEADERS OF THE NEW SCHOOL, they praised his move with HHW all over how he took over the internet. Kanye used the same idea normally cause Kanye is such a big name and made it bigger,I mean dude was droppin finished-mastered cdq songs from his upcoming album, leaking one every week, of course world is gonna speak about it.
Kanye took Crookeds idea and made it better for himself, cause he has the power to. I mean lets be honest Crooked cant leak song every week with original production from top producers and biggest industry name features like Jay Z, TI, Rick Rawse, Drake etc etc. Anyway conclusion is that Kanye did his thing for sure, but its Crookeds idea and Good Fridays is Crooked hip hop weekly series inspired move
Crook Started it, doesn't mean he started the trend.
Kanye started the trend, if he didn't do it nobody else would be doing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kanye never heard the name crooked I.

This. Just like how Raekwon started the album sequel trend, even though he wasn't the first one to do it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2010, 03:14:12 PM »
^Oh, that reminds me. Wu-Tang was doing Wu-Tang Wednesdays too lol.

Anunikke

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2010, 03:17:51 PM »
^Oh, that reminds me. Wu-Tang was doing Wu-Tang Wednesdays too lol.
Not really.
RZA started that weekly, dropped one of the most amazing songs of the year, 1 other new songs and then he just started releasing shit that had been out for years already.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »
If Kanye West knows who Joell Ortiz is, he has to know who Crooked I is.  Slaughtherhouse created enough of a buzz to garner attention of Eminem.  You don't think other were watching?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks