Author Topic: Rain Interview (Talks Magic Hour, Detox With Dr. Dre, Noah Jones)  (Read 100 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
http://illuminati2g.com/site/2010/12/01/rain-interview/

Rain took time out of his busy schedule to kick it with I2G for a interview. We discuss his new street album, The Magic Hour, his work with Dr. Dre and the possibilites of a Noah Jones/Rain collabo album and much more so check it out.

DOWNLOAD: Rain – The Magic Hour (Mixtape)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dehgcl

Illuminati 2G is here with Rain how's it going?

Everything is good man, enjoying life.

You have your new street album out now entitled The Magic Hour. Tell me how you came up with the title and how the album came together for you.

The title represents that magical moment when accept the negativity around you and you accept who you are as a person. I feel like that is where I am at with my life, that magical moment where you stop complaining and start working towards everything that you dreamed of.

You accept who you are as a person, your flaws and accept the people around you and make the best of it. It is that point where you mature and become a adult and realize everything that is going on with you and realize what you need to do to fix it. The main thing is too just move forward in your life.

How would you say this album is different from your American Dreamin album series?

This one is alot more personal, and the last American Dreamin was more of my view on the streets. The hood life and the ghetto life and explaining ways for our people to get out of that.

This album was alot more personal and was more of a diary and you would get my most truest feelings and just laying it down and this album is me showing growth and maturity and me being alot more personal with my fans.

Do you have any singles or videos set to drop from The Magic Hour?

We actually shot 3 videos for the project. The first one that should be coming out is the title track and we put out a 30 second clip and it was accepted very well by the people. It was directed by Dinerio and he also shot the video for Work For Me and Love Song.

So what is next for you now that The Magic Hour is out? Do you have any other projects set to drop?

Yeah I am always working, so yeah 2011 we are going to put out The Magic Hour Part 2. Probably in February, but as of right now for the end of the year, we are going to ride this wave with this project and release the videos, do alot of radio and promotion.

This is not one of those projects that I want to come and go. I want people to be able to digest it and enjoy it for what it is and what it's worth. We are going to for the rest of this year promote it and top of the year start work on The Magic Hour Part 2.

One artist that I have interviewed that speaks very highly of you that you worked with is Noah Jones. He hinted at the idea of him and you working together on a album. Is that something that you could see happening in the near future?

Oh wow, first of all let me say that I am a big fan of his music also and I really appreciate what he is doing for the game and the music he is laying down. We have a couple songs together had we released and the possibilites are endless. It just depends on us finding the time to be able to take a break from what we are doing and being able to sit down and work with each other and come up with a classic album. Of course, I am willing to do it.

North Carolina is always bubbling with hip hop talent. Do you have any plans of working with J Cole or 9th Wonder in the near future?

I have run into 9th a couple of times and we talked about working together and our schedules so far have always clashed. I am very excited about the opportunity to work with him and I am a big fan of his production and he was one of the first to come out of North Carolina and put it down.

Him and Lil Brother as well so yeah that would be a honor. I have a real close relationship with Young Guru which is 9th's close friend. As far as J Cole, we did work before, because he produced a record for me, Come Home With Me. I sent him a few records to get on but that also is a schedule thing at this point. Hopefully soon we will be able to get that done also.

What happened with your studio sessions with Dr. Dre?

I went out to Cali and did alot of work with Dre. I don't know where that music is going to land, if it will or won't be on the Detox album, but it was great working with him and I learned alot. Even if I don't get anything else out of it other than the experience, I am satisfied with that. We still keep in touch so there is no telling what will happen in the future, hopefully one of the songs we did together lands on Detox.

What are your thoughts right now on the state of hip hop now that we are almost done with 2010?

I think it is finally going back to the lyricism and pure hip hop music. People are actually being creative again and I think that it is balancing out well and I hope it continues to grow. I think in 2011 it will continue to be more lyrical and more growth, so far so good.

Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

Actually I have been doing alot of recording and been in the studio alot lately so now I want to get back out on the streets and doing the shows again. We are actually setting up a tour for the top of the year so once that comes, I will give everyone more updates.

What is your website information?

www.rain910.com. www.twitter.com/rain910. www.facebook.com/rainnc. Keep up, keep up.

Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

I really want to thank yall for giving me this opportunity and for supporting the music. I really appreciate it and I hope everyone continues to support and I will continue to put out good music.