Poll

Will Detox top My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy's production?

Hell yes, always trust the good doctor and his team of ghost producers
40 (72.7%)
Nah, Kanye got him
15 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: So who thinks Detox will top My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy's production?  (Read 1474 times)

HighEyeCue

Dre sounds dope on under pressure more so then he does on Kush.  Jay-Z sounded terrible.  He should've released under pressure with Eminem

whoa... that's completely wack.  Dre was cool on UP, Jay MURDERED UP, and Eminem would've sounded completely outta place on that.

I thought both Dre and Jay sounded uncomfortable on the track, I don't know about Em over this type of beat as well.

BiggBoogaBiff

Dre sounds dope on under pressure more so then he does on Kush.  Jay-Z sounded terrible.  He should've released under pressure with Eminem

whoa... that's completely wack.  Dre was cool on UP, Jay MURDERED UP, and Eminem would've sounded completely outta place on that.

I thought both Dre and Jay sounded uncomfortable on the track, I don't know about Em over this type of beat as well.

matter of fact, if Eminem turned this into a pop-techno track and did it with some UK Techno band on it (playing sounds and all) and just really making it different but with their heart and soul in it it couldn't be bad, it could be phenomenal. 

Elkoizm

The new Ye album will only be valued entirely by those who have rocked with him since College Dropout or Late Registration.
They saw him grow, try different styles and finally drop a classic (this may surpass all previous albums).

Detox will bump but won't leave the listener with much after the album is played in its entirety.

True they both can't be compared in music but they can be compared according to their accomplishments.

I think Kanye has put in more work and will be remembered longer than Dre in the realm of music.

So my opinion, Detox will not top My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Elkoizm

Oh and another thing, in leading up to both albums I remember hearing 'Kush' and it wasn't that great.
But when GOOD Fridays came along and I heard tracks like 'GOOD Friday' with C. Wilson, Cudi & Big Sean or 'Monster'?
Those were in heavy rotation and it felt GOOD to listen to Ye producing a sound that was new, fresh and risky.

BiggBoogaBiff

The new Ye album will only be valued entirely by those who have rocked with him since College Dropout or Late Registration.
They saw him grow, try different styles and finally drop a classic (this may surpass all previous albums).

Detox will bump but won't leave the listener with much after the album is played in its entirety.

True they both can't be compared in music but they can be compared according to their accomplishments.

I think Kanye has put in more work and will be remembered longer than Dre in the realm of music.

Dr. Dre will already be remembered forever.  Even if you never listened to Hip Hop like or ever you know who Dr. Dre is and what he's done.  He's literally the greatest Producer in Hip Hop history.

Stan

Is it me or are the tracks on Kanye's new album waaaay too long?  I prefer short Dre tracks than a plodding 7 minute "opus" that gets boring and repetitive 4 mintues deep.  I don't think you can do rap tracks that long, generally speaking.

I mean you gotta give a guitarist his props if he's wailing away for 3 mins but if your playing the same drum beat and melody for 5 minutes it gets fuckin boring.

I can't even listen to Kanye's album, well the whole thing, because the shit gets so repetitive.

So on that point, production judgement calls, I'm gonna feel safe giving it to Dre.  Also Kanye didn't do anything to blow my mind but I'll admit a lot of the songs are awesome, I just press skip a few minutes in.  I think Dre can do better for sure.

Elkoizm

Dr. Dre will already be remembered forever.  Even if you never listened to Hip Hop like or ever you know who Dr. Dre is and what he's done.  He's literally the greatest Producer in Hip Hop history.

In later years when we are all either senior or have passed away, our great grandkids can look back through the history pages of music and see Kanye on page 2 and Dre on page 87 under 'Hip-hop'.
This is of course a statement I made based on their mainstream success.

It was alot easier to produce bangin tracks in Dre's era and for other producers to emulate that sound. Hip-hop was in the West Coast's backyard.

Try do that now. It's almost near impossible to produce something as good as My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Overall, this is all based on Dre's production on every project including his own in the past two years.

My opinion may change entirely when Detox drops though so we'll see.

Triple OG Rapsodie

In later years when we are all either senior or have passed away, our great grandkids can look back through the history pages of music and see Kanye on page 2 and Dre on page 87 under 'Hip-hop'.

Are you high?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
They'll both be remembered equally for their respective eras.  From NWA to Snoop Dogg to Eminem.  That's like a 20+ year legacy and that's not including the smaller artist like 50 Cent, Game, G-Unit, etc.

Kanye will be remembered for his music and resurrecting Common & Jay-Z's career (yes, Kanye west saved Jay-z's career). 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Elkoizm

Are you high?

No I am completely aware of what I'm saying. I'm not saying Dre will be forgotten but if you think hip-hop? Dre, Pac, Jay-Z, Nas etc. (the greats) but music overall in the 21st century you'll definitely see Kanye alongside Coldplay, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Justin Timberlake etc. (cultural icons).
Dre will not be part of that I hate to say. But this is steering away from the thread topic.

BiggBoogaBiff

Are you high?

No I am completely aware of what I'm saying. I'm not saying Dre will be forgotten but if you think hip-hop? Dre, Pac, Jay-Z, Nas etc. (the greats) but music overall in the 21st century you'll definitely see Kanye alongside Coldplay, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Justin Timberlake etc. (cultural icons).
Dre will not be part of that I hate to say. But this is steering away from the thread topic.

Elk is right tho.  Vocally Dr. Dre hasn't done shit for the past decade (almost literally) so it's not like kids have grown up with him.  Even though there's Eminem and 50 Cent that doesn't automatically mean Dr. Dre will be held in the same light, he made the beats, they made the Raps, who's more memorable in the situation (the rapper who's speaking ALL OVER the songs or the producer who stays in the background and doesn't say much if at all anything?).  

Y'all know what I know about Dr. Dre but like I've said before 1 person can count on they hands how many Dr. Dre raps have come out since 2000 and that was 10/11 years ago.  Let's keep it 100.  And no nobody isn't taking away from Dr. Dre becuz Dr. Dre is in a whole different caliber of artists when it comes to things (there's Elvis Presley, there's 2Pac, there's U2, there's Metallica, and then there's Dr. Dre), his name and catalog has an importance to society.  

Anunikke

Because popularity means he's the greatest?

BiggBoogaBiff

Detox will go down as 1 of the most IMPORTANT Hip Hop albums of all time.  Why, becuz Dr. Dre is kinda like passing the torch in a way with this album.  I mean after Detox what is there, it's anybody's game 2 take tha ball and run with it.  Regardless of how the albums turns out to be or what numbers he does or anything you can base off of tangible success.  It's anybody's game, after Dr. Dre there's no1.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
its like comparing Apples and Oranges

why? its all hip hop.. then again in this day and age hip hop has grown so much that it does have different genres.

If you look at Rock music, there is also different genres so with that said you cannot compare Heavy Metal to blues rock or to Punk rock.

feel me?

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nah, Kanye got him