Author Topic: Sam Sneed's reply to Street Scholar Tracklisting  (Read 1317 times)

DTG Entertainment

Re: Sam Sneed's reply to Street Scholar Tracklisting
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2010, 11:51:33 AM »
Hopefully we will get access to Sam's album's master files since we're essentially handing Koch the deal with no work required on their part. When you hear these instrumentals you'll see how great our 2pac exclusives would sound over these dark gfunk sounds (by the way Sam also produced Natural Born Killaz and Keep Their Heads Ringing but sold both to Dre flat out for $20,000 each). Also included in the bonuses:
bullshit.

It's from Sneed's mouth. Lol.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 12:02:28 PM »
Hopefully we will get access to Sam's album's master files since we're essentially handing Koch the deal with no work required on their part. When you hear these instrumentals you'll see how great our 2pac exclusives would sound over these dark gfunk sounds (by the way Sam also produced Natural Born Killaz and Keep Their Heads Ringing but sold both to Dre flat out for $20,000 each). Also included in the bonuses:
bullshit.

well that's strange, as he's never made such a ridiculous claim before.
also, i don't see how this claim fits the memories from ice cube & soopafly about the making of Natural born killaz.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 12:04:23 PM »
bullshit.

well that's strange, as he's never made such a ridiculous claim before.
also, i don't see how this claim fits the memories from ice cube & soopafly about the making of Natural born killaz.

Yeah, I don't know either. The whole thing is strange, because Sneed wasn't the only one involved in the beat. Stu-B-Doo was too.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »
Sam needs to just make the shit a double album....One album the classic shit...second album the new shit....we been waiting too damn long to hear the old shit....

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2010, 04:23:58 PM »
Sam needs to just make the shit a double album....One album the classic shit...second album the new shit....we been waiting too damn long to hear the old shit....

yeah i think that's pretty much tha general consensus for everybody who's ever heard of Sam Sneed that knows about this project and have yet to (we can bet on that). 

TRG

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2010, 04:31:16 PM »

i agree.

and i dont believe that Dre stuff, selling the beats for 20k  :-\

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2010, 04:37:31 PM »

i agree.

who wouldn't tho.  most of us would give it away for free just for the promo, just to be associated with the greatest (biggest) Hip Hop producer is priceless so I believe him, there's no reason to lie about that (especially in 1994 and 1995).  Dre still hasn't even been payed for The Chronic since 1996 so that goes to show u.  i don't even know why this is an issue/debate/question.  Sam was practically brand new to the scene... $20,000 sounds like he got over if u ask me (obviously tha track is/was worth way more than that tho, but how could you predict an iconic status of a song before it's even released tho, it's impossible... hit yes, legendary no).

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2010, 06:27:13 PM »
were da snipps at?  8)
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2010, 06:38:14 PM »

i agree.

who wouldn't tho.  most of us would give it away for free just for the promo, just to be associated with the greatest (biggest) Hip Hop producer is priceless so I believe him, there's no reason to lie about that (especially in 1994 and 1995).  Dre still hasn't even been payed for The Chronic since 1996 so that goes to show u.  i don't even know why this is an issue/debate/question.  Sam was practically brand new to the scene... $20,000 sounds like he got over if u ask me (obviously tha track is/was worth way more than that tho, but how could you predict an iconic status of a song before it's even released tho, it's impossible... hit yes, legendary no).

And just because Sam rapped on it doesn't mean it wou;d've had  hte same impact as Dre/Cube
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2010, 06:48:27 PM »

i agree.

And just because Sam rapped on it doesn't mean it wou;d've had  hte same impact as Dre/Cube

so tell me hack is this ass whooping spygate? lmao..... ;D

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 06:51:08 PM »
were da snipps at?  8)

Sam Sneed - Hollywood Squares/Hollywood/Goin' Hollywood:

Sam Sneed - Drug Dealer (The first verse was later re-used on J Flexx's Death Row Billboard Dreams):

Sam Sneed - The Heist:

Sam Sneed - It's So Hot:

Sam Sneed - Street Scholars (Chorus written by J Flexx - verses written by Drauma):

Sam Sneed - Confessions:

Sam Sneed - Lyrical Assassins (Uses a sped up version with more elements of J Flexx's Street Scholars):

Sam Sneed featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg - Blueberries (Verse written by Drauma - Later used in The Firm sessions):

Sam Sneed featuring J Flexx and Drauma b.k.a. The Street Scholars - In Da Zone:

Sam Sneed featuring J Flexx - Lady Heroin (Obviously went on Gridlock'd):

procrastiNate

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 07:00:36 PM »
Every single one of those beats are sick as fuck.

I think he gets the point now after all the people that messaged him on facebook about the issue. I'm sure he will find a way to put the rest of the shit out sometime in the future.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 07:04:51 PM by procrastiNate »

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2010, 08:50:59 PM »
were da snipps at?  8)

Sam Sneed - Hollywood Squares/Hollywood/Goin' Hollywood:

Sam Sneed - Drug Dealer (The first verse was later re-used on J Flexx's Death Row Billboard Dreams):

Sam Sneed - The Heist:

Sam Sneed - It's So Hot:

Sam Sneed - Street Scholars (Chorus written by J Flexx - verses written by Drauma):

Sam Sneed - Confessions:

Sam Sneed - Lyrical Assassins (Uses a sped up version with more elements of J Flexx's Street Scholars):

Sam Sneed featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg - Blueberries (Verse written by Drauma - Later used in The Firm sessions):

Sam Sneed featuring J Flexx and Drauma b.k.a. The Street Scholars - In Da Zone:

Sam Sneed featuring J Flexx - Lady Heroin (Obviously went on Gridlock'd):

props, but if anybody has that zip of the mp3's that was posted in the hook-up spot i think would be great too, i already bumped that thread tho.  8)
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2010, 04:29:50 AM »
@Real Tanner G.

Thanks for the info man. The situation is really fucked up. let's hope Sam is a liar and he does have these songs lol. That would mean there's still chance to hear the original Street Scholars someday.