Author Topic: College, help me please  (Read 124 times)

HBKid_Jr

College, help me please
« on: December 27, 2002, 07:43:54 PM »
how many on this board r high school graduates or no high school graduates that didnt go to college an r now on there own doing alright.  im graduated high school an i have no urge to go to college what so ever,  i jus wanna get a real job an go out into the real world.  but every1 in my fuckin family is all over me about going to college.  i dont want to go to college at all,  i dont even wanna take part in all the parties an shit there is no urge to go what so ever

jeromechickenbone

Re:College, help me please
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2002, 08:48:55 PM »
well it might sound like a shitty idea now, but i GUARANTEE you'll wish you had in 10 years. if you plan on having a job outside of entertainment or arts of somekind, then its a must. unless you're satisfied in not making a lot of money. of course there are always exceptions, but its not very likely. go to college homie. YOU'LL NEVER REGRET IT.

Pillow

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2002, 10:13:35 PM »
You should go to some type of post graduate school. without some kind of traning no one will wanna hire u. look into some kinda trade school homie.....

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2002, 10:29:10 PM »
Depends on what kinda career you want.

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2002, 11:15:33 PM »
Look Dawg......get some kinda Certificate in some profession even if U aint goin 4 a degree.......

I learnt my lessons from my cuzins and my own brother.......My brother 4 example, he waz alwayz like fuck college and now he's in jail.......My cuzins, I got 3 that are older and never went to college, broke as fuck, selling coke, I know they'll eventually go down......Shit just aint worth it, I had alwayz said Fuck College before this year, this year waz like tha biggest year of my life, learnt so many lessons I wont forget......

Plus gettin a GOOD job that would take care of tha Rent, Car, Food and every other thang is so hard 2 find without a college degree......and even if U do, this economy is FUCKED in tha A-Hole......It will bring U down, In that case U would have to get a rich wife that would take care of U.......lol, let's be honest, dat aint happenin 2 any of us.......maybe a selected few.......

Follow yur heart cuzzin.......but keep everything in perspective.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2002, 12:55:14 AM »
go to school

min0rity

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2002, 04:09:28 PM »
i used to think just like you cracka....but trust me man college ain't really all that bad, you don't go to classes as much as you did in high school, study is a little hard but not too hard depending on what your taking, for me i'm taking business which argubaly is the easiest degree to get (although not much of a success rate but oh well)

verbalassaulta

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2002, 06:48:32 PM »
you dont have a choice...you HAVE to go to college...if you ever want to have your own place, ride, a family....you MUST go to college...take a year off and then go...seriously....plus there are sooooooooo many chics in college...its nothing like high school....i HATED high school with a passion...but i loved college and wish i was still in

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2002, 10:09:59 AM »
Depends on what kinda career you want.

-{bLaDe}

^Word^  

You don't even have to go to a trade school, you can just get an aprenticship in something.  So you get paid while you learn it, rather than paying.  I honestly don't think college will get you a good job.  Unless you want a desk job or something.  You could be a plumber, a mechanic, an electrician, etc.  all of these are good paying jobs plus it would be easy to start your own company in one of these professions.  That's just my 2 cents.

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2002, 12:18:21 PM »
Do what you feel.

If you can do without it, more power to you.