Author Topic: got an android phone this week.  (Read 2079 times)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: got an android phone this week.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 08:57:59 AM »
does this shit on iphone?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Matty

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 09:48:06 AM »
does this shit on iphone?

depends what handset. not really, but in terms of customisability and value, definitely. desire HD (Evo 4G in states) is the big dogg that gives the iphone a run for its money, but from what i hear not the best battery life. samsung galaxy S is nice too.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 06:01:13 PM by Matty »

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 09:40:14 AM »
Just got the Evo 4g, I switched over from the iphone 3gs, which is real fast, but is not as fast as this Evo 4g.

The data speed on this 4g is incredible. Like matty said, its customizable as fuck.

I would prefer this over the iphone 4. Well, thats if we don't count it on Verizon. Now that the iphone is with Verizon, it's a tough call.

W
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

bez

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 01:30:19 PM »
Windows phones are terrible. I work for a phone company and I can honestly say Android is taking over. 2.3 is on on the Nexus S now. 2.2 is on most handsets. Honeycomb is going to be out soon I think for tablets only then after that is Ice Cream Sandwitch so Android is going to have an interesting year. Expect Nokia to fight until the death aswell with regard to their handsets. They have just signed up Windows, wrong decision in my opinion they should of went down the Android route, but maybe this partnership can surprise everybody.

Can't wait for the Samsung Galazy S 2 and the LG Optimus 3D though. Both look awesome. Although ive heard already that the touchscreen on the LG isnt very reactive so that could be a big negative on that side. Will be interesting to see the none-glasses 3D though, and see whether it is any good.

Matty

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 01:44:07 PM »
Windows phones are terrible. I work for a phone company and I can honestly say Android is taking over. 2.3 is on on the Nexus S now. 2.2 is on most handsets. Honeycomb is going to be out soon I think for tablets only then after that is Ice Cream Sandwitch so Android is going to have an interesting year. Expect Nokia to fight until the death aswell with regard to their handsets. They have just signed up Windows, wrong decision in my opinion they should of went down the Android route, but maybe this partnership can surprise everybody.

Can't wait for the Samsung Galazy S 2 and the LG Optimus 3D though. Both look awesome. Although ive heard already that the touchscreen on the LG isnt very reactive so that could be a big negative on that side. Will be interesting to see the none-glasses 3D though, and see whether it is any good.

the new samsungs (another is the 'infuse 4g' in america) have badass screen technology, quite possibly the best ever on a mobile device...'super amoled plus' 8)

bez

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 11:37:33 AM »
Yeah mate, they look amazing. Even the Galaxy S is still an amazing phone just a shame that Samsung Kies still sucks and it doesnt work on a MAC properly yet. I'm definatly going to be looking at a Galaxy S II, I-Phone 5, and LG Optimus 3D when they arrive. My contract is up in August sometime so I will be able to upgrade then.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 10:38:28 AM »
It´s funny. I bought the Iphone because it had shitloads of cool apps and stuff, and to date it probably still outranks with the apps. But when I read the news, it says that Android will probably have most developers on their side in about a year or more.
When that happens there is no use for the Iphone anymore. Only thing about it is the functionality.

It makes sense really..

Apple just releases one phone a year with the iOS software on it.
HTC, Samsung etc. release a couple of phones a year with the Android system, so I think because of the hardware upgrades people will fall for these types of phones sooner.

What´s the deal with Windows Phone software? Is it any good?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Matty

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 05:42:50 AM »
It´s funny. I bought the Iphone because it had shitloads of cool apps and stuff, and to date it probably still outranks with the apps. But when I read the news, it says that Android will probably have most developers on their side in about a year or more.
When that happens there is no use for the Iphone anymore. Only thing about it is the functionality.

It makes sense really..

Apple just releases one phone a year with the iOS software on it.
HTC, Samsung etc. release a couple of phones a year with the Android system, so I think because of the hardware upgrades people will fall for these types of phones sooner.

What´s the deal with Windows Phone software? Is it any good?

windows phone 7 is supposed to be awesome UI wise, but it's a bit of a wait and see because of the more limited support. may never pick up enough to challenge IOS or the quickly growing Android. At the end of the day its still Microsoft and Android is based on Linux. But best believe MS will try and exploit windows phone and Windows 7 cross-connectivity, could be some nice stuff.

I'm heavily down with Android but they have a lot of work to take it to the next level of popularity. Anyone on 2.2 or above should check out Chrome2Phone connectivity (Fox2Phone for Firefox) where you can instantly send content from a desktop straight your mobile. really dope!

bez

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »
Well I work with mobile phones and can honestly say in the 6 months my store has been trading I dont think we have sold one single windows phone. Sure the U.I looks cool but it is very slow in terms of touchscreen and android currently the operating platform to beat. I think windows will come up with some new ideas but personally I think the damage is done with Windows phones. Thats why I cannot understand why Nokia didnt choose Android over Windows for their new operating system. Windows phones are dying a death and unless someone somewhere comes up with something that clearly makes it a better operating system to use than Android I think Nokia will continue to lose their grip on the global mobile phone market place.

Matty

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 02:56:12 AM »
MS probably throwing a lot of money at people to produce some Windows phones in the hope that some of it will stick. your right tho, they already lost with the old windows mobile incarnations, so primitive and shitty. MS never seem to care until they get competition in anything, which is becoming a bad business model these days. they only actually made windows 7 any good because of the increasing popularity of macs becoming a threat.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:57:44 AM by Matty »

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2011, 03:07:51 AM »
I´m waiting to see what Apple has in store for us in the future, like the Iphone 5.. If they continue to make big improvements they can stay relevant. If not, Android will take over very soon I predict.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 11:45:03 AM »
You guys still liking your Android phones?
I'm looking into a new phone.  I know I won't go with an iPhone and I'm leaning heavily to Android over Blackberry. 
Might go with the HTC Sensation: http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-sensation/

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 11:53:37 AM »
I'm still rocking a damn SE W995, and I'm seriously thinking about a smartphone. Not so sure which one though.

kemizt

Matty

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 01:16:13 AM »
sold my android recently, the ZTE Blade (bought it for 90, sold for 130) 8)

got the latest best budget handset on order at the mo http://www.expansys.com/acer-liquid-metal-205669/

this thing is crazy value for 140...a lot of higher end handsets that haven't been so popular are getting agressive price drops at the moment. this acer is definitely one of them, expansys have some very nice offers. there's increasingly better options at the more budget end of the androids these days, some real well specced handsets that don't cost an arm and a leg like the Galaxy S 2. and some of the more expensive devices are a little large too. depends if you want a crazy large screen. ice cream sandwich will drop in the next couple of months, a huge android release. will be interesting to see how good it is and how fast developers get roll out updates/come out with new phones with it.

'EclipZe

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 01:05:00 PM »
I got the Samsung Galaxy S II, thing is the shit! I recommend it.