Author Topic: Kurupt says that Detox is going to do the same thing that 2001 did  (Read 1833 times)

Matty

Re: Kurupt says that Detox is going to do the same thing that 2001 did
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 09:48:18 PM »
^^ Kurupt and Dre have definitely tracked together for detox and wouldnt be surprised if it made the final cut.

yeah there was something quite a while back about kurupt working on detox. if i remember someone on here spoke to kurupt about it on myspace or something and he was quoted as saying detox sounded alright but dre wasn't really 'on his shit' fully or anything. but that was quite a while back, i imagine to bulk of the album coming together has been this year. didn't snoop also say 'it aint really great yet' or something a while back when he was working on it. cant remember when that was, coulda even been when they were working on kush?

but kurupt mighta heard more than he let on or something much more recently? or he's presuming that cause its actually coming together that it must be really dope. maybe it is? ;D 8)

hope the track(s) he did gets heard though, that's the concern to do with all the dope stuff that's been recorded for this project.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2010, 01:14:12 AM »
^^ Kurupt and Dre have definitely tracked together for detox and wouldnt be surprised if it made the final cut.

yeah there was something quite a while back about kurupt working on detox. if i remember someone on here spoke to kurupt about it on myspace or something and he was quoted as saying detox sounded alright but dre wasn't really 'on his shit' fully or anything. but that was quite a while back, i imagine to bulk of the album coming together has been this year. didn't snoop also say 'it aint really great yet' or something a while back when he was working on it. cant remember when that was, coulda even been when they were working on kush?

but kurupt mighta heard more than he let on or something much more recently? or he's presuming that cause its actually coming together that it must be really dope. maybe it is? ;D 8)

hope the track(s) he did gets heard though, that's the concern to do with all the dope stuff that's been recorded for this project.
Matty, that myspace message was fake, it was a joke.

Matty

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2010, 01:26:27 AM »

Matty, that myspace message was fake, it was a joke.

damn. well just snoop then.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2010, 02:04:57 AM »
There's an interview from the BlaQKout sessions where Quik says he gets Kurupt to come in to record when he's on the way back from Dr. Dre's studio so he can catch him on his A game.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2010, 02:15:13 AM »
Whether or not he makes the cut, Kurupt had to have been in on some of them Detox sessions. I'd like to hear him and Daz both on there. The first Dre-produced DPG track since the Death Row days.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2010, 02:20:02 AM »
i know Roscoe (kurupts brother) did some stuff for Detox - but i dont think Kurupt worked wit Dre this time around..

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2010, 02:48:35 AM »
Kurupt should be all over Detox. I would hate to see 14 tracks with no repeat features. And no disrespect to Dre, but how did 2001 change the game? It was an amazing album for sure, but it didn't change anything really. In fact, around 1999 was when rap started getting worse. Name some classic westcoast albums after 1999. They can't compare to the classics released pre-1999.

Seriously. Detox will change nothing, and it especially won't change the west coast music scene. The guys putting out solid music will still put out solid music. The crap will stay crap, and album sales won't improve. Detox will sell, that's for sure. But that doesn't mean The Game will, or Quik, Xzibit, or Cube. Anyone but Dre struggles to go gold. Detox won't change that. Sales are down for a reason, and it's not due to a lack of quality. The worst albums sell the most these days.

I agree with most of what you said, however not all shit albums sell the worst. Piracy has the game fucked up, BUT -  if an artist produces QUALITY MUSIC, that is 16 tracks that are all solid, people WILL buy it. Carter III, Recovery - look at Kanyes album.

However, one massive radio song and the rest trash will not sell. Lloyd Banks' latest crap is a perfect example.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Okka

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2010, 03:06:26 AM »
i know Roscoe (kurupts brother) did some stuff for Detox - but i dont think Kurupt worked wit Dre this time around..

Yes, he did. We Fly High just said that. What i wanna know is, will Dr. Dre use unreleased Nate Dogg vocals?

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2010, 03:26:46 AM »

Yes, he did. We Fly High just said that. What i wanna know is, will Dr. Dre use unreleased Nate Dogg vocals?

based on..?  ???

mere speculation, i think..

midwestryder

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2010, 03:36:10 PM »
what was it that 2001 do?  besides show us how wack dre and kurupt are..........
shut, hater , this just shows you no idea what you are talking about at all & that you have no taste at alll everything about 2001 was dope & proved how good dr dre & kurupt . there was nothing wack about like you are. go listen to wack ass crap you listen to because you taste is musci shows that ,hater

you really need a hug or something my dude, all of your posts are just talking shit to posters that have a different opinion than you

ON TOPIC: Kurupt on Detox is a necessity
talking shit to ignorant stupid ass haters .i am not really even talking shit more then i am telling the straight up truth.  i don't go by opinions because they are always wrong . i only go by facts because they are always right. i
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:55:28 PM by midwestryder »

midwestryder

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2010, 03:37:35 PM »
what was it that 2001 do?  besides show us how wack dre and kurupt are..........
shut, hater , this just shows you no idea what you are talking about at all & that you have no taste at alll everything about 2001 was dope & proved how good dr dre & kurupt . there was nothing wack about like you are. go listen to wack ass crap you listen to because you taste is musci shows that ,hater

eurostan alert code red
for one king petey , i am hoping you not talking about me when you say eurostan alert code red
 because i am from & live in st louis mo. so i am american , so don't ever dare to put me with eurostans.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2010, 06:28:52 PM »
There's an interview from the BlaQKout sessions where Quik says he gets Kurupt to come in to record when he's on the way back from Dr. Dre's studio so he can catch him on his A game.

Blaqkout was Kurupt on his A game?  :-X

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2010, 07:10:11 PM »

based on..?  ???

mere speculation, i think..

We Fly High works with the Doggystyle camp, and I can confirm Kurupt contributed multiple times to Detox. He may not be on the final cut, but he's been in more than a couple of sessions.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 08:02:30 AM »

Blaqkout was Kurupt on his A game?  :-X

lol