Author Topic: Hip hop artist of the decade???  (Read 656 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: Hip hop artist of the decade???
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 08:42:33 PM »
eminem or jigga

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 10:07:13 PM »
Top 3 would be

Eminem, Kanye West, Jay-Z,

The 4th wold be 50 Cent

Then 5th be lil wayne
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 12:31:10 AM »
Don't give a shit about sales or bullshit like that but if we're talking quality music I'd say Tech N9ne, Ill BIll or Sean Price.

We're not talking quality of music lol.

We're talking about influential, impact & sales.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 02:17:14 AM »
WHITE AMERICA WILL GIVE IT TO THEIR GREAT WHITE HOPE....EMINEM........this guy gets awards on the strenght of him being white.which is not fair for other artist who have way better music than him...my OPINION.

Anunikke

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 05:15:04 AM »
WHITE AMERICA WILL GIVE IT TO THEIR GREAT WHITE HOPE....EMINEM........this guy gets awards on the strenght of him being white.which is not fair for other artist who have way better music than him...my OPINION.
Racist bullshit.
Name one other white rapper who gets awards & sales like even a gucci mane.

Paul

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 05:18:04 AM »
Top 3 would be

Eminem, Kanye West, Jay-Z,

The 4th wold be 50 Cent

Then 5th be lil wayne

Spot on
funkyfreshintheflesh

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 05:05:26 AM »
Racist bullshit.
U makeing it racist..Im speaking facts...plus his album did not deserve album of the year at the BET awards..now that was bullshit my friend,if u want to talk about some racist shit! white boy..i know he is white folks god in hip hop,but wrong is wrong...sorry...hell!the lp he put out befor this got album of the year.come on.

Anunikke

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 05:11:41 AM »
Racist bullshit.
U makeing it racist..Im speaking facts...plus his album did not deserve album of the year at the BET awards..now that was bullshit my friend,if u want to talk about some racist shit! white boy..i know he is white folks god in hip hop,but wrong is wrong...sorry...hell!the lp he put out befor this got album of the year.come on.
No it's racist, if your argument was based on any facts eminem wouldn't be the only white rapper with mainstream success.
Eminem is white folks god in hip hop? I don't care about any eminem release after MMLP.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 05:40:48 AM »
im not against the guy..but Damn!every year!..em says it him self(if i was not white,i would not be getting all this attention)..this is from his MMLP...that comedian from the -up in smoke tour-,pokes fun at the same thing about em..if he was black, it would be different.no matter how dope he was.

Anunikke

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 05:47:54 AM »
im not against the guy..but Damn!every year!..em says it him self(if i was not white,i would not be getting all this attention)..this is from his MMLP...that comedian from the -up in smoke tour-,pokes fun at the same thing about em..if he was black, it would be different.no matter how dope he was.
Em got those awards because he sold out completely not because he was white.
Sure in 2000 it might have had something to do with the success but this is 2010.

If being a white rapper guarantees success, why are pretty much all other white rappers underground?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 07:17:33 AM »
how come some1's always being racist everytime they say Eminem is white and they just don't fuck with his music like that?  that's so cliche'.  i wish some people would come to realize that their white god wasn't all that he was to them that he was to everybody else (he's a crossover).  big deal, young white kids it up and em he's had some of hip hop's most classic bars (hold up... wait a second)...  but eminem just isn't all that to everybody and that should be pointed out, on some real shit, you can't be like 99-04' he had a run that'll blow anything else out tha water, fuck that, that's not even 10 years.  Not to mention that that album "Encore" was horrible.  (2004 right?)

but artist of the decade easily goes to Lil' Wayne.  you can't point out a year he didn't have a chart top 5 or a number 1.  jay's up there becuz he always shuts shit down when he goes, then there's Kanye who just elevated to a whole new level just now and has always cranked out thunder, then i'd have to give it to him, 50 is somewhere up close to tha top too.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 07:22:05 AM by RadioTube! »

doggfather

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 07:23:10 AM »
of the decade?
Eminem
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2010, 07:26:06 AM »
how come some1's always being racist everytime they say Eminem is white and they just don't fuck with his music like that?  that's so cliche'.  i wish some people would come to realize that their white god wasn't all that he was to them that he was to everybody else (he's a crossover).  big deal, young white kids it up and em he's had some of hip hop's most classic bars (hold up... wait a second)...  but eminem just isn't all that to everybody and that should be pointed out, on some real shit, you can't be like 99-04' he had a run that'll blow anything else out tha water, fuck that, that's not even 10 years.  Not to mention that that album "Encore" was horrible.  (2004 right?)

but artist of the decade easily goes to Lil' Wayne.  you can't point out a year he didn't have a chart top 5 or a number 1.  jay's up there becuz he always shuts shit down when he goes, then there's Kanye who just elevated to a whole new level just now and has always cranked out thunder, then i'd have to give it to him, 50 is somewhere up close to tha top too.

desilusion

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2010, 08:11:28 AM »
Eminem is white folks god in hip hop? I don't care about any eminem release after MMLP.

word. i dont how people can even say eminem. dude fell off in the first half of the decade. take away sales and what do you have? a bunch of mediocre music with a few good songs here and there. although everyone else mentioned so far is a better RAPPER, kanye had the biggest impact in the game in terms of production AND his own solo work so although hes far from my favourite artist of the decade, hes done the most for hip-hop. think of all the classic production kanye put out this decade.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2010, 08:46:23 AM »
Eminem's biggest impact (The Slim Shady LP & The Marshal Mathers LP) was last decade.
Decades start with a year that ends in 1.  This decade ends next week.  There was no year 0.