Author Topic: The official The Dark Knight Rises thread...  (Read 8262 times)

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
Re: The official The Dark Knight Rises thread...
« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2012, 07:58:25 PM »
Such a dope movie.  Blows Avengers out of the way.

Lunatic

« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2012, 09:18:18 PM »
This movie is fucking dope  :o

I may lean towards pt.2 being slightly better due to Ledger's performance but it's REALLY close

And let me say that I LOVED Tom Hardy's performance as Bane -- I literally have 0 complaints. He's a  bad ass, the shit he does is fucked up (he's a way worse criminal than Joker)...I even liked the accent, thought it complimented the character well.

And above all, his dialogue was AMAZING!! His lines were just incredible.

Tom Hardy is quickly becoming my favorite\ actor (Inception & The Warrior)

What a fantastic film
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

doggfather

« Reply #242 on: July 29, 2012, 03:02:17 AM »
like it, but tdk was better imo.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #243 on: July 30, 2012, 08:26:45 AM »
like it, but tdk was better imo.
It was better only because of Ledger's performance.  The story of TDKR is a lot better.

doggfather

« Reply #244 on: July 30, 2012, 08:39:26 AM »
no, not just couse of ledger.

I prefer the super villain, and mob mixed story than super villain only.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #245 on: July 30, 2012, 09:53:28 AM »
After watching Dark Knight just before Dark Knight Rises this weekend, I am going to give the edge to Dark Knight for the Joker reason alone. Ledger's performance was so good that despite all of Dark Knight's rough parts, it was more enjoyable to watch. Dark Knight Rises was a better written movie, that flowed much better and the story didn't feel altered in the way Dark Knight did at the end with the Two-Face scenes. Bane was a monster, Catwoman was sexy and added character to a very dark film, the story was very Bruce Wayne focused instead of Batman focused and it brought in everything from the first two movies beautifully, and it had the best twist at the end I could imagine. But Ledger as Joker truly was hard to match. I hate comparing movies, and I went into Dark Knight Rises not trying to compare them, and I think this helped me enjoy Dark Knight Rises greatly. On it's own Dark Knight Rises is a great movie, better than the Avengers and better than the Amazing Spiderman. Dark Knight Rises to me is the second greatest superhero movie ever created and the best storytelling in any superhero movie. It had the depth that a Chris Nolan film would have, and the depth he didn't have in the other Batman films. But at the end of the day, I feel like a broken record, it's Ledger as Joker. Either way, the top 2 superhero movies to me are Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises and that in itself speaks volumes to how much energy and effort Nolan, Bale and the rest of the cast put into making the Batman story a special treat for the fans.

I would post my spin on how to reboot the franchise and get the new Superman movies to lead into a Justice League movie, but no one has posted spoilers and I'm not even going to hint at anything that could ruin this movie for anyone who hasn't seen it. Just go see it.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #246 on: July 30, 2012, 12:11:59 PM »
no, not just couse of ledger.

I prefer the super villain, and mob mixed story than super villain only.
I can respect that.  I understand that viewpoint too, especially with the mobs being villains themselves overpowered by a supervillian who is basically a more effective bad guy than they are.

My main view is mostly rooted in how I used to follow the actual Batman comics when I was younger, particularly during the Knightfall/Knightquest storyline that involved Bane, who I always thought was his most difficult enemy, though I will easily admit that the Joker was his greatest enemy in every media (comics, cartoons, movies, etc.).

Dark Knight Rises was a better written movie, that flowed much better and the story didn't feel altered in the way Dark Knight did at the end with the Two-Face scenes. Bane was a monster, Catwoman was sexy and added character to a very dark film, the story was very Bruce Wayne focused instead of Batman focused and it brought in everything from the first two movies beautifully, and it had the best twist at the end I could imagine. But Ledger as Joker truly was hard to match.
I agree, 100%.  This part of your post sums up my opinion pretty well, especially with it focusing on Bruce Wayne/Batman this time around.  That was one of the problems with The Dark Knight... whether it's because of the storyline or because Joker/Heath Ledger was just such a vivid portrayal, that he was the focus of the movie and not Batman.  It's almost to the point where they could've cast a different Bruce Wayne/Batman for the movie and it wouldn't have been so different, which speaks volumes about the villain, but again, it's a Batman movie, and the parts that covered his character weren't significant.  Other than a minute of footage where he mourns Rachel in his penthouse or at the very end where he sacrifices the image of Batman for Gotham by taking the heat, you don't really get to see any progression in his character.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #247 on: July 30, 2012, 07:19:45 PM »
I think part 1 and 3 are so good in terms of a story because they are rooted in the comics.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #248 on: July 30, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »
After watching Dark Knight just before Dark Knight Rises this weekend, I am going to give the edge to Dark Knight for the Joker reason alone. Ledger's performance was so good that despite all of Dark Knight's rough parts, it was more enjoyable to watch. Dark Knight Rises was a better written movie, that flowed much better and the story didn't feel altered in the way Dark Knight did at the end with the Two-Face scenes. Bane was a monster, Catwoman was sexy and added character to a very dark film, the story was very Bruce Wayne focused instead of Batman focused and it brought in everything from the first two movies beautifully, and it had the best twist at the end I could imagine. But Ledger as Joker truly was hard to match. I hate comparing movies, and I went into Dark Knight Rises not trying to compare them, and I think this helped me enjoy Dark Knight Rises greatly. On it's own Dark Knight Rises is a great movie, better than the Avengers and better than the Amazing Spiderman. Dark Knight Rises to me is the second greatest superhero movie ever created and the best storytelling in any superhero movie. It had the depth that a Chris Nolan film would have, and the depth he didn't have in the other Batman films. But at the end of the day, I feel like a broken record, it's Ledger as Joker. Either way, the top 2 superhero movies to me are Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises and that in itself speaks volumes to how much energy and effort Nolan, Bale and the rest of the cast put into making the Batman story a special treat for the fans.

I would post my spin on how to reboot the franchise and get the new Superman movies to lead into a Justice League movie, but no one has posted spoilers and I'm not even going to hint at anything that could ruin this movie for anyone who hasn't seen it. Just go see it.

Spiderman for sure. My argument from Avengers isn't that it's a better film, than any of the Nolan films, but that's it's a better adaptation of a comic book. I just have to say that.

That being said, I feel that DKR is by far the most comic book feeling of the Batman films. I actually could see it as a great miniseries written years ago. And if both DKR and Avengers were comic books DKR would be a better read. However, Avengers is the perfect comic book movie for the characters it was portraying.

What Whedon did was make a better Avengers comic book than any Avengers comic book has any right being. Nolan did not take Batman the character or story to heights the books never have. Which isn't really fair because Batman has much higher highs in the books than the Avengers do.

I don't know if Whedon could make a better Bat film than Nolan. All I know is it would be very different. But no way could Nolan make a better Avengers film than Whedon made.

Sikotic™

« Reply #249 on: July 30, 2012, 08:53:12 PM »
This was a weak ass movie in comparison to the other two. I guess in the period between TDK and TDKR, Bruce Wayne developed a fucking vagina.

In comparison of other 2012 movies, it wasn't bad.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

doggfather

« Reply #250 on: July 31, 2012, 04:30:51 AM »
TDKR is the begins 2nd part, not the trilogy's 3rd.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
« Reply #251 on: July 31, 2012, 05:50:33 AM »

Tom Hardy is quickly becoming my favorite\ actor (Inception & The Warrior)

Definitely

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #252 on: July 31, 2012, 06:20:59 AM »
This was a weak ass movie in comparison to the other two. I guess in the period between TDK and TDKR, Bruce Wayne developed a fucking vagina.

In comparison of other 2012 movies, it wasn't bad.

He is way too pouty for most Batman fans I know.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #253 on: July 31, 2012, 08:37:42 AM »
I will be honest, the fact that Bruce Wayne was in hiding for 8 years and was still sad over Rachel had me mad too. I mean, in the comics Bruce Wayne loses girls in one form or another like I lose cheap ear buds for my MP3 players, if I lose them, they get stolen with my MP3 player, my dog ate them, either way I lose them. Bruce Wayne loses girlfriends all the time, dumps them, they die, they just leave him because his distant. Either way, had DKR only been 3-4 years after DK, I would understand, but 8 F****N years. That did bother me.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #254 on: July 31, 2012, 12:22:54 PM »
But it had to be consistent.  Remember that in the trilogy, Rachel Dawes was a girl he had known since childhood, so she's not some college fling who gets used and discarded.  It's not like it was one of the two girls he brought to dinner in Batman Begins when he went swimming in the fountain.