Author Topic: Why is the east coast more pac influenced then the west?  (Read 883 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: Why is the east coast more pac influenced then the west?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 06:53:23 PM »
The artists mentioned aren't necessarily people who were compared to Pac on a music level. 50 was compared to Pac because of the controversies and maybe the work ethic. Thing is Pac's origins are very East Coast. His flow is more raw and rugged like a New York rapper. Biggie had a more of a Southern Cali vibe to his music than Pac for the most part. Pac was definitely loved in L.A. but his sound din't resemble what LA music sounded like at that time.

What the fuck??? HAHA how the fuck was BIGGIE west coast style?? Your are deaf homie. 2Pac had NO new york flow at all, especially considering how much he gets criticized for not being a "LYRICIST" compared to guys like Biggie or NAS. Crooked I said it best once, people thinking 2Pac was eastcoast are straight ignorant.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »
i love threads like these that rally up all the pac groupies

Yeah me too hahaha. lets rally up all the anti-PAC groupies too.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 07:07:51 PM »
It would help if all of the 2pac stans at least knew their hero's biography.  Google is your friend.  No city or even region can really claim him.  And that includes desperate Bay Area stans.  If there was ever a rapper who was from nowhere and everywhere at the same time it was 2pac.  At 15 he moved to Baltimore from NY.  2 years later he moved to marin county where he stayed less than 4 years.  In 92 he moved down to LA, then to Atlanta a year later.  Obviously after Suge bailed him out of jail, he moved back to LA.  Less than a year later he was dead.

well Pac never started a serious rap career until he reached Cali

Pac blew up through Shock G/DU in the early 90s so associating him with the west coast is valid

but Baltimore (the early years) and living in NYC and Atlanta is valid for calling him eastcoast.

either way i could care less...the man was best on any coast to me and that's all I care about.

I agree with the guy stating that he was from everywhere, that was exactly my point went I said he moved from place to place. But what I find so hilarious, is that EVERYONE wants to label him EAST or WEST with statements like "ut Baltimore (the early years) and living in NYC and Atlanta is valid for calling him eastcoast", but not taking in consideration what 2PAC HIMSELF claimed hahaha. I don't give a shit where he is born, I base my shit on what the dude claims ya dig? How the fuck am I going to say, "Nah dawg you don't love LA homie, you love baltimore, even though i never met you in my life" hahaha. If the man says, WESTSIDE and considering his background, I think the case is closed don't you think? Plus ATL is not even EASt, it's the SOUTH.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 07:18:12 PM »
For the record, Young Noble is not a Cali native - you got some false info bro.

"But I'm from Jerz where we don't play that shit" - Noble on Makaveli's Bomb First
Rufus Cooper III better know as young Noble was born in Sierra Madre, California on March 31, 1978. Noble grew up with his mother Ellene, his twin sister, Keisha, and his brother, Shawn Furr. His mother was on drugs for the first 15 years of his life and his father, Rufus L. Cooper II, wasn't there for him. They lived in Altadena, California until his brother got into trouble with the law and was forced to leave the state.

I think my records were legit bro.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 08:59:11 PM »
The artists mentioned aren't necessarily people who were compared to Pac on a music level. 50 was compared to Pac because of the controversies and maybe the work ethic. Thing is Pac's origins are very East Coast. His flow is more raw and rugged like a New York rapper. Biggie had a more of a Southern Cali vibe to his music than Pac for the most part. Pac was definitely loved in L.A. but his sound din't resemble what LA music sounded like at that time.

What the fuck??? HAHA how the fuck was BIGGIE west coast style?? Your are deaf homie. 2Pac had NO new york flow at all, especially considering how much he gets criticized for not being a "LYRICIST" compared to guys like Biggie or NAS. Crooked I said it best once, people thinking 2Pac was eastcoast are straight ignorant.

wasn't he born in new york......and you say he had no new york flow?    you got to be one of the stupidest dudes around
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 10:53:44 PM »
Well, you can be a lyricist and be from anywhere. I'm talking about him having an aggressive flow like Onyx or a harder-based New York rapper. Him and Stretch, his partner from Thug Life, have a similar flow. That's not a California flow. Now for my comments on Biggie, when I say he has a Sothern Cali vibe to his music, he can flip and do very smooth, laid-back flows like a Snoop or Warren G. Even when Pac was on Death Row, he very rarely did that. My point in all of this returns to the original thread. The reason so many New York cats are so called, influenced, by Pac is because Pac was from New York. Pac obviously repped the West in his final years and the region's influence on his career is undeniable but thinking 2Pac was East Coast isn't ignorant, it's fairly accurate. He lived on the East for the majority of his life. He was born and raised in New York. His first rap handle was "MC New York". 

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »

wasn't he born in new york......and you say he had no new york flow?    you got to be one of the stupidest dudes around

Oh my bad, I didn't know that if you are born in NEW YORK you AUTOMATICALLY inherit a New York flow hahahaha. Speaking of STUPID.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2011, 04:21:41 PM »
Well, you can be a lyricist and be from anywhere. I'm talking about him having an aggressive flow like Onyx or a harder-based New York rapper. Him and Stretch, his partner from Thug Life, have a similar flow. That's not a California flow. Now for my comments on Biggie, when I say he has a Sothern Cali vibe to his music, he can flip and do very smooth, laid-back flows like a Snoop or Warren G. Even when Pac was on Death Row, he very rarely did that. My point in all of this returns to the original thread. The reason so many New York cats are so called, influenced, by Pac is because Pac was from New York. Pac obviously repped the West in his final years and the region's influence on his career is undeniable but thinking 2Pac was East Coast isn't ignorant, it's fairly accurate. He lived on the East for the majority of his life. He was born and raised in New York. His first rap handle was "MC New York". 

I completely agree with you that you can be a lyricist and be from anywhere but the comparison with 2Pac and Onyx is not accurate bro. If you want to compare their aggressive style than maybe, but not flow or rhymes. When i say 2Pac always gets criticized for not being a lyricist is because his form of rhyming was not the same. NY kats pride themselves for having a GREATER amount of lyricist than any other region. Not saying you will not find great lyricist here in the WEST but you will find less. WHY? HIP HOP is a culture in NY, so you see more numbers. SHit, the fucken liquor store owner will probably rhyme and the barber. Meanwhile we are preoccupied with gang violence. NOw that don't mean that we wont murder everyone in NY. Crooked I for example can compete with anyone, anytime. Onyx is a straight EAST COAST STYLE RHYMER. 2Pac rhymes were more simple but because he was more of a POET. 2Pac skill came more from his message, metaphors, analogies, poetry more than actual LYRICAL SKILL. Compare Nas first album to PAC's? NOOOTHING alike. It's hard for me to explain what i mean, but you have to dissect the bars and how they rhyme. 2Pac did not have an east coast style at all. At least not in RHYME. I also agree that Notorious had the ability to be very smooth and have a west coast vibe to it but you can;t just base it on FLOW brother. Analyze the rhymes!! Biggie was know for his slow flow, but that did not make him westcoast. Biggie was a better lyricist than PAC. 2Pac himself would say that Kurupt was the best lyricist in DEATH ROW. Kurupt has always been my favorite because he ad a unique blend of Lyricism and West coast style. We all know kurupt was born in Philly. Biggi once said Kurupt was the best in the West as well but Kurupt would easily blend in with East coast kats because of his Lyrical ability. 2Pac is from New York because he was BORN in NEW YORK but HE DID NOT CLAIM IT. That's my point dawg. So yes it's not ignorant to say he is FROM NY but it is ignorant to say Pac was not WESTCOAST.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2011, 04:33:59 PM »
he didn't influence shit.

lmao whats wit the pac haters pac is the most influental rapper if u dont agree u on crack
you've been chillin wit afeni huh ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

thugged out

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 02:15:16 AM »
It would help if all of the 2pac stans at least knew their hero's biography.  Google is your friend.  No city or even region can really claim him.  And that includes desperate Bay Area stans.  If there was ever a rapper who was from nowhere and everywhere at the same time it was 2pac.  At 15 he moved to Baltimore from NY.  2 years later he moved to marin county where he stayed less than 4 years.  In 92 he moved down to LA, then to Atlanta a year later.  Obviously after Suge bailed him out of jail, he moved back to LA.  Less than a year later he was dead.

im talking biters in his influnce not where the nigga was from

thugged out

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 02:21:48 AM »
I think that he was not influential at all....it just that his name rhymes with alot of words so his name gets put in raps when they  need to rhyme something

if u gon hate on a nigga at least be realistic.everybody knows pac was the most influental rapper every rapper tries to emulate or take something from him ja rule,50,jeezy,jim jones,eminem,nas,no limit,young buck,trick daddy, j.cole u name em pac birthed em.n thee niggaz admit it and act like the so-called pac stans yall got a problem wit.

thugged out

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 02:23:03 AM »
I guess on the westcoast rappers could see through Pac and see the influences he incorporated in his raps... so he didn't seem so larger than life. to me Pac is first and foremost a Bay Area dude, that's where he came up musically wise and that's where he spent his teenage years, which are arguably the most critical in forming someone's style... like he said in "Gaffled Like That" with The Gov& Richie Rich "you're fucking with a oakland OG". Ray Luv said that they were heavily bumpin Mac Dre when they were both coming up... and he had also influences in southern cali, hanging around with Syke, being around Death Row etc. now we all know how bay rap gets no radio play on the east... so when Pac was adding his own twist to his influences,  that must have been something unheard of on the east... plus i guess some critically praised cats, or some popular cats period idolized and envied his larger than life charisma.

There are a few rappers that you can see Pac heavily influenced in the West : Messy Marv, Guce, Yukmouth, Daz.

But I think the main reason is that the people that bite 2pac a lot are people that either never met Pac or that Pac wasn't fucking with. SO they tend to idolize and idealize him more. Like in the South, Master P tried to rhyme like Pac a lot, and even bought verses after he died, and you can see how Pac influenced him... well P used to open for Pac when P was based in the Bay and it is said that Pac used to laugh at P and didn't fuck with him (Young Dre talks about it in an interview) when he was fucking with all the other major acts from Northern Cali like E-40, Spice 1, Richie Rich, Rappin' 4-Tay, Mac Mall or C-Bo.

The people who knew Pac must probably be aware that 2pac wasn't nothing like he said he was in his songs but still had mad love for him...

so it aint an east/west thing, it's just that the artists 2pac was friends with didn't bite him and the other who wanted to kick it with him but couldnt (nas, master p), or just didn't know him (ja) tried to emulate him so ppl could think they were like him. I mean it's also relevant for artists like Lil Wayne, T.i. or Trae... every hot artist drops a featuring with Pac or shouts him out in his lyrics...

yeah the bay made pac it was like pacs chuck d style got mixed wit some spice-1 shit n it was perfect.

thugged out

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2011, 02:27:03 AM »

Oh my bad, I didn't know that if you are born in NEW YORK you AUTOMATICALLY inherit a New York flow hahahaha. Speaking of STUPID.

lol yeah he aint sound ny to me i mean i can hear people like chuck-d, big daddy kane and stretch n his raps but he dont sound east coast that much.people often say pac had a southern flow for some reason. guess cuz people like scarface,willie d,big mike,erc had a somewat similar flow/voice 2 him. n then rappers that came after pac like z-ro,trick daddy,young buck,no limit all tried to rhyme like pac. so i guess that why he gets group with the south flow- wise. i think his flow dont belong to no coast it had a lil bit of everything in it.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2011, 03:29:28 AM »
I also think that most of the rappers that get compared to Pac have been highly successful at some time in their career.
Since the g-funk era there haven't been any really successful rappers except for Game and Snoop.

Yeah I said it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

westcoastriders

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2011, 10:35:12 AM »
Why is there so many Pac haters in this bitch? Pac groupies? Hell nah! The man is dead and people still talking shit! All them East Caost cats bite off of Pac Jay-Z Naz, DMX, JA, ect.  the man did influitence alot of peeps but puting him on Eazy's and Cubes laval?? I mean they all are pioneers and did thier shit before Pac. A differnt time a dfferent sound. Its like compairing todays top artist with Run DMC shit changes and its a total differnt sound! Eazy is the God Father of Gangster rap, Pac came after but wasn't a Gangster he just made songs for the people to feel and relate too. He was real in his raps. Ain't nothing wrong with that and thats why he made a big impact and people bite him from time to time

If I say bitch lets go, you already know, Westward Hoe!