Author Topic: Props to Dubcnn, SOOPAFLY is blowing the fuck up lately!!!! Is he on Doggystyle?  (Read 969 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

He had all the tools to be a slight footstep above where Daz and Warren G are and just below where Quik is. Dude has always been sick as fuck, can rap, sing, produce. But he held his own career hostage to be Snoop's version Spliff Star...a bald yellow hypeman

he's good, but as far as being better than warren g or even daz, i dunno bout that...daz and warren g were as good as quik in their prime. i say that if soopafly signed got the right chance, at his best, he could replicate the success that warren g and daz had. they all legendary west coast producers...soopafly just hasn't had the proper chance 2 shine yet.

if he couldn't shine when the west coast was poppin he ain't going to now

KURUPTION-81

Soopaflys beats seem more polished than daz, as if he puts a lot more time and effort into them.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Sccit

Soopaflys beats seem more polished than daz, as if he puts a lot more time and effort into them.

thats what it is....daz is a lazy mufucka and soopa puts his heart into his music. daz needs 2 make a beat on thizz. guaranteed it'll come out on some classic death row era shit.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Soopafly can make funky stuff on his own, but the results sounds better together wit Daz.
 they've always been a production duo - Daz, beats //Soopaly, keyboards
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:20:31 PM by Michael Madsen »

HighEyeCue

Daz's best shit?  daz's best shit was wrote by Kurupt or Snoop

whats ur point? and DOC wrote most of "The Chronic", doesn't mean it isn't one of the greatest albums ever....

and people sleep on Daz production skills as well, his work on Dogg Food and AEOM especially

Sleep and also Daz really has not made anything remotely close musically to what he did on those 2 albums recently. Solid production but not that wow factor you got from him in the past.

Soopafly on the other hand IMO continues to get better and better. The one that shocked me a little bit that he produced was World Of A Gangsta for Snoop on Malice In Wonderland. That beat was bananas. But I will say this, Daz N Soopa together on production= still magic.

I think Daz at this point in his career has gotten lazy both with his beats and rhymes and has been that way for a while, but yeah when he and Soopa produce together they seem to come up with dopeness. Makes me think that Soopa is doing most of the work

I would not say so much he is doing most of the work, I think Soopa is and always has been more innovative with his production. Daz has always been bass heavy and 808's and hi hats etc, with the occassional scratches. His DR production though and even during the RAW album period, Daz used more instrumentation, especially keys and piano. Soopa has ALWAYS used instrumentation and will infuse some very unique sounds into his beats. He is more the Timbaland of DPGC, and he is more versitile at this point of his career than Daz IMO and can even do R&B. Uptempo

I think he's been more consistent in terms of his production as well over his career starting with "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit?" all the way up to now

Soopafly can make funky stuff on his own, but the results sounds better together wit Daz.
 they've always been a production duo - Daz, beats //Soopaly, keyboards

yeah I agree, for example "The Streetz iz A Mutha" album

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie

Finally he getting his shine, the cat got heat

Looks like all my driving around all over the United States with my car windows down bumping Soopafly songs over the past 15 years is finally starting to pay off.  I promote him everywhere i go.  Finally Snoop can't hold him down anymore.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Soopaflys always been a better producer then Daz. Daz's pinnacle as a producer was all eyez on me, and if you reading the booklet soopafly is playing the instruments on damn near every song. Soopafly just wasn't a big enough name at that point to have co produced by soopafly on these sheets. It's not a coincidence that daz's work without soopafly is lacking but fly makes dope beats on his own.

I've always felt fly could have been a platinum artist. If like it or not was pushed properly he could have sold records. And when loosen control was doing decent he had another chance.

It just never happened, wether it's his fault or the labels we will never know. But when I think of him I just think of what could have been. Because it's not going to happen now.

bouli77

It just never happened, wether it's his fault or the labels we will never know. But when I think of him I just think of what could have been. Because it's not going to happen now.

just have to look for clues in interviews... Soopafly is not an ambitious guy, he's a team player, he basically doesn't give a fuck about a career as long as gets paid. that's what happened for the all eyez on me album, in interviews he said daz would give him money under the table and he would make the tracks with him, all of the daz produced tracks on AEOM are co-produced by Soopa, he didn't care about the publishing (not wise) and since he was not signed on death row at the time his name didn't appear (that's what he said). I think Snoop feeds him good since he does quite a lot of things (keyboardist or hypeman on stage, producer etc) so he feels no need to be under the limelight. if he had been more hungry and had a vision for his own career things might have been different for him but i think he just doesn't give a fuck and i can respect that, dude's a legend nonetheless IMO.

Quadruple OG

since he was not signed on death row at the time his name didn't appear (that's what he said).

You're talking about him as a producer, right? Because he appeared in the credits for Murder Was The Case and Dogg Food.

Sccit

Daz's best work was "Dogg Food", and while a lot of the tracks were co-produced by Soopafly, a lot of them weren't...bottom line, Daz has produced more classics than Soopafly, with his help and without. Like someone else said, Daz is like a Dre type, while Soopafly is more of a Timbaland type....i agree that Soopafly is better right now, though, and has been definitely putting in a lot more effort in his music as of late.