Poll

Quik or Dre: Which 1st single is better?

I Need A Doctor
13 (20.6%)
Luv Of My Life
50 (79.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: The Official "I Need A Doctor" vs. "Luv Of My Life" Thread  (Read 1317 times)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Official "I Need A Doctor" vs. "Luv Of My Life" Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 07:36:03 AM »
^I'm like getting off the whole Dre/Quik thing though. I'm more focusing on Quik's song. Duplicating old sounds is "ehh" especially when you're not lyrical at all & can't make it sound significantly different.
wait but u dnt think dre is strting to use the same sound over and over again...and dre aint lyrical AT ALL either...but i dont expect them to be

Elson

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 07:47:50 AM »
vote for quick

OG Snoopaveli

Re: I Need A Doctor vs. Luv Of My Life
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »
Luv of My Life  8)

without a doubt! i need a doctor is wack as fuck! fuck dr.gay

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I Need A Doctor vs. Luv Of My Life
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 11:46:21 AM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 12:30:55 PM »
^I'm like getting off the whole Dre/Quik thing though. I'm more focusing on Quik's song. Duplicating old sounds is "ehh" especially when you're not lyrical at all & can't make it sound significantly different.

If you're expecting Quik to be lyrical after 20 years, you're in the wrong thread.

I'm not expecting him to be lyrical. But if he's living off of the beat & the beat sounds very similar to past beats & he's using the same bullshit lyrics to get him through the song it doesn't stand out.

wait but u dnt think dre is strting to use the same sound over and over again...and dre aint lyrical AT ALL either...but i dont expect them to be

Well "I Need A Doctor" doesn't sound ANYTHING like anything Dre has ever put out. So it sounds like a brand new song to me lol.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 02:16:54 PM »
``Luv Of My Life`` >>> ``I Need A Doctor``

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »

If you're expecting Quik to be lyrical after 20 years, you're in the wrong thread.

I'm not expecting him to be lyrical. But if he's living off of the beat & the beat sounds very similar to past beats & he's using the same bullshit lyrics to get him through the song it doesn't stand out.

Well "I Need A Doctor" doesn't sound ANYTHING like anything Dre has ever put out. So it sounds like a brand new song to me lol.
I was talking bout production wise...dre didnt produce i need a doctor.....and overall sound of tht sound just sounds like most mainstream songs that have been put out these past few months. If you wanna talk bout same sound go talk to alex da boy or w.e his name is tht produced i need a doctor lol cuz all his shit sounds EXACTLY the same

kuruptDPG

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 02:42:52 PM »
dj quiks new album or whatever he puts out will shit on dr.dre anyday lol

awol22222

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 02:49:33 PM »
I Need A Doctor is definitely better than Luv Of My Life,this is Dr.Dre we are talking about
Are you serious?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2011, 02:50:09 PM »

I was talking bout production wise...dre didnt produce i need a doctor.....and overall sound of tht sound just sounds like most mainstream songs that have been put out these past few months. If you wanna talk bout same sound go talk to alex da boy or w.e his name is tht produced i need a doctor lol cuz all his shit sounds EXACTLY the same

But it is lyrically different from Love The Way You Lie, the Lupe song, Airplanes, Castle Walls, etc.

Even if it isn't "lyrical", there are lyrics to the song.

You can hear the differences in the songs. Quik is just rapping about the same shit over the same beat lol.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2011, 03:10:26 PM »

go listen to joe mumblin or feminem

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2011, 03:55:50 PM »

But it is lyrically different from Love The Way You Lie, the Lupe song, Airplanes, Castle Walls, etc.

You can hear the differences in the songs. Quik is just rapping about the same shit over the same beat lol.
if you REALLY believe quiks shit sounds the same than you have to check out his discography cuz its pretty obvious you havent

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 03:56:53 PM »

go listen to joe mumblin or feminem

If you're referring to Joe Budden & Eminem, I gladly will. Rather that then listen to some guy you're all co-signing because Dre disappointed you & you need some legend to fall back on.

Quik did EXACTLY what you all wanted to Dre to do - duplicate old sounds; he did. Now when Dre sells three million & Quik sells three hundred, you'll understand why Dre did what he did.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 04:00:48 PM »

if you REALLY believe quiks shit sounds the same than you have to check out his discography cuz its pretty obvious you havent

This just sounds like generic Quik.

LOL, in this very thread on the first page you said, "This is Quik's sound". If this was so different, it wouldn't be "his sound".

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2011, 04:05:50 PM »

This just sounds like generic Quik.

LOL, in this very thread on the first page you said, "This is Quik's sound". If this was so different, it wouldn't be "his sound".
I'm not saying its so different but this is his style and hes able to make it sound dated, every album quik drops hes able to switch his shit up and still blend his old shit into it...r u gonna tell me blaqout sounded anything like his other albums? no...does rhythmalism sound like his other albums? no...hes just able to keep his smooth sound