Poll

Quik or Dre: Which 1st single is better?

I Need A Doctor
13 (20.6%)
Luv Of My Life
50 (79.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: The Official "I Need A Doctor" vs. "Luv Of My Life" Thread  (Read 1333 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: The Official "I Need A Doctor" vs. "Luv Of My Life" Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 04:09:47 PM »
^Blaqout was cool. But that's probably mostly due to Kurupt. You can listen to what he's saying. It would be hard to listen to just Quik alone on Blaqout.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 05:15:37 PM »
^I'm like getting off the whole Dre/Quik thing though. I'm more focusing on Quik's song. Duplicating old sounds is "ehh" especially when you're not lyrical at all & can't make it sound significantly different.

If you're expecting Quik to be lyrical after 20 years, you're in the wrong thread.

I'm not expecting him to be lyrical. But if he's living off of the beat & the beat sounds very similar to past beats & he's using the same bullshit lyrics to get him through the song it doesn't stand out.

^I'm like getting off the whole Dre/Quik thing though. I'm more focusing on Quik's song. Duplicating old sounds is "ehh" especially when you're not lyrical at all & can't make it sound significantly different.
wait but u dnt think dre is strting to use the same sound over and over again...and dre aint lyrical AT ALL either...but i dont expect them to be

Well "I Need A Doctor" doesn't sound ANYTHING like anything Dre has ever put out. So it sounds like a brand new song to me lol.
go listen to joe mumblin or feminem

If you're referring to Joe Budden & Eminem, I gladly will. Rather that then listen to some guy you're all co-signing because Dre disappointed you & you need some legend to fall back on.

Quik did EXACTLY what you all wanted to Dre to do - duplicate old sounds; he did. Now when Dre sells three million & Quik sells three hundred, you'll understand why Dre did what he did.
how much did joe mumblin sell or slobhouse sell shit fuck record sales

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2011, 06:16:31 PM »

If you're expecting Quik to be lyrical after 20 years, you're in the wrong thread.

I'm not expecting him to be lyrical. But if he's living off of the beat & the beat sounds very similar to past beats & he's using the same bullshit lyrics to get him through the song it doesn't stand out.

wait but u dnt think dre is strting to use the same sound over and over again...and dre aint lyrical AT ALL either...but i dont expect them to be

Well "I Need A Doctor" doesn't sound ANYTHING like anything Dre has ever put out. So it sounds like a brand new song to me lol.

If you're referring to Joe Budden & Eminem, I gladly will. Rather that then listen to some guy you're all co-signing because Dre disappointed you & you need some legend to fall back on.

Quik did EXACTLY what you all wanted to Dre to do - duplicate old sounds; he did. Now when Dre sells three million & Quik sells three hundred, you'll understand why Dre did what he did.

lol @ joe mumblin

and kurupt is the reason why blaqout sucked.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2011, 06:30:18 PM »

Yeah, you would fall back on that. You better ignore the truth, fam.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »

Yeah, you would fall back on that. You better ignore the truth, fam.
whats the truth, that tracks on some drake and rhianna bullshit. im not hating on dre but cmon he didnt even produce it and the beat is trash. 40 year old feminem  yelling and crying over a whack beat just doesnt appeal to me.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2011, 07:36:52 PM »
^The truth that all Quik did was duplicate the sound & you guys all jumped on it. You wanted Dre to make "Still D.R.E. Part II" & he didn't. & I never said you had to like "I Need A Doctor". But now there are 100 threads that Quik is going to make a better album because he stuck to his roots & made a beat that sounds like the last one but he added like one more instrument so it makes it okay.

Slaughterhouse isn't even relevant to the discussion.

MistaNova

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2011, 07:42:20 PM »
Neither. Wet shits on both.

I Need A Doctor is basicly an Eminem track.
Luv Of My Life is another Quik track where the featured artist ruins it for me.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2011, 07:54:52 PM »
Another Dubcc thread where people are talking about record sales  ::)  (I'm waiting for somebody to point out that Jimmy wants the sound of "I Need a Doctor" more than "Luv of My Life").

I'm convinced 95% of Dubcc posters have Music Management degrees and are therefore experts on the business aspects of the recording industry, since that is all that ever gets talked about here anymore. ;)  ;D

But really, Luv of My Life is like eating steak and fries, and I Need a Doctor is like following that up with cat food.  :D
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2011, 08:02:07 PM »
^More like eating steak & fries that have been sitting on the table for nine years lol.

But Quik always gets the same response on here, so I'll lay off. He dropped his single, you guys will start talking about how it's a fine piece of juicy, tender steak, then the album will drop & a majority of the board will hate on it & a few of you will continue to say it was "pretty good, I fuck with it"; but downplay it like it wasn't anything special.

So in the long run of things, whether it's good or bad feedback, one album will be talked about for the next year & the other will be talked about for roughly a week & then occasionally brought up here & there.

thegooddoc

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2011, 08:05:29 PM »
^More like eating steak & fries that have been sitting on the table for nine years lol.

But Quik always gets the same response on here, so I'll lay off. He dropped his single, you guys will start talking about how it's a fine piece of juicy, tender steak, then the album will drop & a majority of the board will hate on it & a few of you will continue to say it was "pretty good, I fuck with it"; but downplay it like it wasn't anything special.

So in the long run of things, whether it's good or bad feedback, one album will be talked about for the next year & the other will be talked about for roughly a week & then occasionally brought up here & there.

I don't think this song is anything special, but I do think it is nice.  Only problem I see with it is that he won't be attracting many new listeners.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2011, 08:11:56 AM »
Quik is just rapping about the same shit over the same beat lol.

You obviously didn't read my post since you're still talking about lyrics. Believe it or not, some fans don't expect their favorite artists to be redefining lyricism; some fans actually like music that appeals to what they like to hear. I know this might be a revolutionary concept to you, but amazingly the older people get, the more true it is. Back to the lyrical, this time I'll bold it, maybe it'll sink in then.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2011, 09:37:56 AM »
Neither. Wet shits on both.

I Need A Doctor is basicly an Eminem track.
Luv Of My Life is another Quik track where the featured artist ruins it for me.

Agreed.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2011, 09:43:17 AM »
Quik is just rapping about the same shit over the same beat lol.

You obviously didn't read my post since you're still talking about lyrics. Believe it or not, some fans don't expect their favorite artists to be redefining lyricism; some fans actually like music that appeals to what they like to hear. I know this might be a revolutionary concept to you, but amazingly the older people get, the more true it is. Back to the lyrical, this time I'll bold it, maybe it'll sink in then.

Yeah, but I don't expect Dre to be lyrical either. But the beat is different lol.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »

I don't think this song is anything special, but I do think it is nice.  Only problem I see with it is that he won't be attracting many new listeners.

is that really a problem then?

love33

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2011, 03:58:14 PM »
Sticking to the topic of the thread, Quik had the better track of the two songs hands down.

"I Need a Doctor" -- D+
"Luv of My Life" -- B+