Author Topic: DJ Quik Fans vs. DJ Quik Haters  (Read 395 times)

MOBNigga06

DJ Quik Fans vs. DJ Quik Haters
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:45:05 PM »
I've started to realize that DJ Quik is a polarizing kind of guy. People love him or people hate him. This is probably why he has so much drama in his life, with jealous niggas hating on him, crazy bitches harassing him, etc. Probably also why he gets angry sometimes, like on G-Shit.

After reading the discussion thread on "Luv of my Life" I realized the difference between Quik fans and Quik haters. Cuz some niggas are dissing this song, which to me is extremely dope and is the epitome of what DJ Quik stands for. If you don't like it, that says something about your character and your taste. So I think this is the main distinction:

People who like Quik's music and identify with the shit he's talking about:
1. People who are getting money.
2. People who are successful in their lives, who want to be the best at what they do.
3. People who are getting pussy.
4. People who floss with style and sophistication like Quik does. Quik ain't a "bling bling" nigga. He doesn't just get money and wear it on his neck. That's for punk niggas. Quik got money and he knows what to do with it.
5. People who have taste.

People who don't like Quik's music:
1. Broke Niggaz.
2. Marks, bustas, tricks, haters, jealous niggas, niggas eating TV dinners. People with no career or talent.
3. People with no self esteem, who get no love.
4. People who never flossed forreal, never left the hood, don't even know half the shit Quik talks about.
5. People who need songs with shitty, computerized, repetitive beats.

The point is, Quik ain't for everyone. When he talks about being the best producer in the game, about flossing proper, about sexing fine women, that's not for everyone. Quik has a select clientele. So some mark ass niggas on this forum are gonna hate. LET EM. Let the real niggaz speak up though and acknowledge that the Book of David is gonna be the album of the year.

The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: DJ Quik Fans vs. DJ Quik Haters
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:03:22 PM »

MR X To Tha Z

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im high out my mind and i know im the shit

acgrundy

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 07:32:59 PM »
I'm sure on some forum across the net some groupie made the same exact post about lil wayne.  When the fuck are you idiots going to learn: People have different taste in music.  I have not heard this new quik song but I can't speak on it, but whether I like it or not, I don't give a shit who else likes it.  It doesn't matter.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:40:09 PM »
dJ Quik?     Is that the Guy who produced 2  songs for Pac a long while back and now hangs out in night clubs and sits at whose ever table is buying him a drink?
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

terrymak

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 07:49:16 PM »
Could be plausable. :sign_werd: From gangsta to not gangsta to gangsta. Guy went inspiring to uninspiring..
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:53:19 PM by terrymak »

Stan

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 08:53:48 PM »
DJ Quik is the shit but this is a dumbass lame post... people have different tastes.  Because you like a song or don't doesn't define your personality... lame   ???

NoobCake

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 09:34:28 PM »
Your whole post is undermined by the fact that Quik himself is not getting any money.  He's nearly broke.  There was an interview with him on youtube a couple years ago (still prolly there) where they interviewed him at his house.  His house was a small ugly ass one story rancher.  Shit was pretty shocking.  You'd think someone who's been at it since 91 would be able to do better for himself.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 09:51:49 PM »
lol

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 10:52:24 PM »
OP is a queer.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 12:05:40 AM »
OP is a queer.

This.
You could do this shit all day about any rapper or producer. Not everybody is going to like the same shit get over it.

drunkenfool

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 12:45:29 AM »

dJ Quik?     Is that the Guy who produced 2  songs for Pac a long while back and now hangs out in night clubs and sits at whose ever table is buying him a drink?
Your whole post is undermined by the fact that Quik himself is not getting any money.  He's nearly broke.  There was an interview with him on youtube a couple years ago (still prolly there) where they interviewed him at his house.  His house was a small ugly ass one story rancher.  Shit was pretty shocking.  You'd think someone who's been at it since 91 would be able to do better for himself.
I have never understood the "hate" post. there are tons of performers I don't like, I hate country music, plenty of bands I think suck. I would never waste my time posting anywhere, let alone starting a thread on any of their forums telling them how much they suck. if you don't like it, listen to something else. For you to be bothered by it is because Quik is successful and you can't figure out why. He's not Broke, he does "little clubs"? Key club is on the Sunset strip, and one of LA's major spots, he has done a monthly show going on 2 years now, sold out every one. I'm pretty sure i'm one of the oldest on this board, but at 37, I've been in SoCal and been witness to the birth and rise and fall of west coast rap. move on. gp listen to your autotune bs.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:48:18 AM by drunkenfool »

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 02:22:27 AM »
I've started to realize that DJ Quik is a polarizing kind of guy. People love him or people hate him. This is probably why he has so much drama in his life, with jealous niggas hating on him, crazy bitches harassing him, etc. Probably also why he gets angry sometimes, like on G-Shit.

After reading the discussion thread on "Luv of my Life" I realized the difference between Quik fans and Quik haters. Cuz some niggas are dissing this song, which to me is extremely dope and is the epitome of what DJ Quik stands for. If you don't like it, that says something about your character and your taste. So I think this is the main distinction:

People who like Quik's music and identify with the shit he's talking about:
1. People who are getting money.
2. People who are successful in their lives, who want to be the best at what they do.
3. People who are getting pussy.
4. People who floss with style and sophistication like Quik does. Quik ain't a "bling bling" nigga. He doesn't just get money and wear it on his neck. That's for punk niggas. Quik got money and he knows what to do with it.
5. People who have taste.

People who don't like Quik's music:
1. Broke Niggaz.
2. Marks, bustas, tricks, haters, jealous niggas, niggas eating TV dinners. People with no career or talent.
3. People with no self esteem, who get no love.
4. People who never flossed forreal, never left the hood, don't even know half the shit Quik talks about.
5. People who need songs with shitty, computerized, repetitive beats.

The point is, Quik ain't for everyone. When he talks about being the best producer in the game, about flossing proper, about sexing fine women, that's not for everyone. Quik has a select clientele. So some mark ass niggas on this forum are gonna hate. LET EM. Let the real niggaz speak up though and acknowledge that the Book of David is gonna be the album of the year.

dude, get a life!

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 03:18:06 AM »
oh my god... this whole thread is so pre-school. where are the interesting threads dubcc?
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill