Author Topic: TN EXCLUSIVE Tommy D [DR Engineer] Speaks On Dre, Makavei Demo, DR Beat Down !!!  (Read 841 times)

aerroc

This is Part 1 of Tupacnation's Interview with Tommy D. Daughtery. aka ''Tommy D'. His was the Main Engineer At Death Row Records 1994-2002. His Credits Include, Murder Was The Case, Above The Rim, All Eyes On Me, Makaveli, R U Still Down? Greatest Hits, And Many More! In This Part He Speaks On Death Row, Tupac, Dr. Dre, Cali Love, Makaveli Demo, An Engineer Beatdown, And Chain Snatchings.

Stay Tuned For Part 2 And Another Drop Soon!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:40:26 PM by Okka »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
Living in this digital media/social networking era, how the hell did this guy manage to stay away and hidden ? Not once did this dude want to make a dime off of the stories, it seems like to me in this interview hes more than happy to share his thoughts. Seems like hes told these stories before also and is now telling someone with spot on stratigic questions.

Real or fake.....
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

dnjp4life

So even at the beginning people in the studio were being physically assaulted?  What a horrible atmosphere to try and work in, I'm not surprised Dre felt the need to leave after he'd seen enough.
I'd really like someone in the know at DR and who was there at the time to break down the whole Sam Sneed beating story because it's been one of those legendary DR tales for quite some time now, yet no one has really told the full story as of yet.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So even at the beginning people in the studio were being physically assaulted?  What a horrible atmosphere to try and work in, I'm not surprised Dre felt the need to leave after he'd seen enough.
I'd really like someone in the know at DR and who was there at the time to break down the whole Sam Sneed beating story because it's been one of those legendary DR tales for quite some time now, yet no one has really told the full story as of yet.
along wit all the stories of other former death row artists that may have been beat up too.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Okka

I remember Nate Dogg sayin' that some rapper came up to Suge Knight and said he that wanted to be signed to Death Row Records. Suge said "Okay, but if we don't like what we're hearin', we gonna fuck you up". I think he only had the chance to say a few words and got up beat up. That's straight from Nate Dogg's mouth.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I remember Nate Dogg sayin' that some rapper came up to Suge Knight and said he that wanted to be signed to Death Row Records. Suge said "Okay, but if we don't like what we're hearin', we gonna fuck you up". I think he only had the chance to say a few words and got up beat up. That's straight from Nate Dogg's mouth.
said the nigga said like three words i wonder what those three words were...probably ''fuck death row''. LOL

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
Really interesting interview. Deathrow was an insane place to be at. Interesting things he says

a) Dre wanted to leave the label right away when 2pac came out of jail and they signed him.
b) They were recording 6-7 songs a day
c) If deathrow didn't want you on the row anymore, they would send a security team to your house to get your chain.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:42:17 PM by D1G1T4L »

eNgIeS

i speculate Dre wanted to leave after Tupac was signed probably as a last straw. Probably not so much to do with Tupac but with Suge deciding to use 1 million dollars of company money to bail him out and sign him. To Dre it probably became obvious that it was no longer a joint venture, Suge was taking control and was literally out of control. Around that time Suge did the whole dissing Puffy at Source awards.