Author Topic: Need some clarification on some 213/DPG shit---  (Read 322 times)

teecee

Need some clarification on some 213/DPG shit---
« on: February 27, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »
A couple of things:

I Don't Like to Dream about Getting Paid, maybe my favourite song off Dogg Food.

BUt didn't 213 have a song called I Don't Like to Dream about Getting Paid?   Anyone ever heard it?  Is the Dogg Pound version similar?   

I mean, Warren brought MANY beats/samples/concepts to Death Row, including original Rat Tat Tat beat, Origininal Next Episode beat, Gz and Hustlas beat (as heard on Lie to Kick it by Pac and RIchie Rich)

Any of ya'll ever check the song Every Single Weekend by Kam?  You can hear a YOUNG Snoop rapping in the intro while Kam is on the phone.  The beat is the same sample as Gz and Hustlas.  What song is it?

Will_B

Re: Need some clarification on some 213/DPG shit---
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 01:29:38 PM »
Any of ya'll ever check the song Every Single Weekend by Kam?  You can hear a YOUNG Snoop rapping in the intro while Kam is on the phone.  The beat is the same sample as Gz and Hustlas.  What song is it?

Good observation! Never noticed Snoop there :o

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 04:03:16 AM »
A couple of things:

I Don't Like to Dream about Getting Paid, maybe my favourite song off Dogg Food.

BUt didn't 213 have a song called I Don't Like to Dream about Getting Paid?   Anyone ever heard it?  Is the Dogg Pound version similar?  

I mean, Warren brought MANY beats/samples/concepts to Death Row, including original Rat Tat Tat beat, Origininal Next Episode beat, Gz and Hustlas beat (as heard on Lie to Kick it by Pac and RIchie Rich)

Any of ya'll ever check the song Every Single Weekend by Kam?  You can hear a YOUNG Snoop rapping in the intro while Kam is on the phone.  The beat is the same sample as Gz and Hustlas.  What song is it?

yes, the beat was later passed to 2pac - n he did "defintino of a thug nigga"

but it was originally a Snoop, Warren G-song.
u can hear it in the beginning on that Kam-track

this was the song, that prompted Dr. Dre to sign Snoop to Death Row, after Warren played it for him at a house party

there is a song called "That dope nigga" by Lil ˝ Dead - it uses portions of Snoops verse, as the chorus

"one 2, 3 - who could it be? the dopest muddafucca u hearin Lil half dead"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:06:21 AM by imsohappydatmydiccsbig »

Mista Rosa

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 04:53:44 AM »
Yeah I don't like to dream about getting is from a 213 demo tape. They brought all their material (tapes etc..) to death row and have redone several songs. Warren G said few years ago he would leak 213 tapes or put them as bonuses on an album but neveer did it. Shit i'd love to hear them.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 04:55:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 05:40:02 AM »

this was the song, that prompted Dr. Dre to sign Snoop to Death Row, after Warren played it for him at a house party

there is a song called "That dope nigga" by Lil ˝ Dead - it uses portions of Snoops verse, as the chorus

That hook was just made out of samples of "G'z And Hustlas" and "Lil' Ghetto Boy".

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 07:00:04 AM »

That hook was just made out of samples of "G'z And Hustlas" and "Lil' Ghetto Boy".

i dont have the ˝ Dead-album tho.
is there any add. sample info in that booklet?