Author Topic: Was Wale right?  (Read 365 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Was Wale right?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 01:41:19 PM »
 U don't hear Flava Flav dropping albums every year, he preserves his craft and that's what some of these old niggaz need 2 learn how 2 do.

Flava Flav isn't a rapper, he's a hypeman. Chuck D just put out an album last year.

And lmao at a dude who doesn't know what it means to catch a fade telling people what they know about scales

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
 U don't hear Flava Flav dropping albums every year, he preserves his craft and that's what some of these old niggaz need 2 learn how 2 do.

Flava Flav isn't a rapper, he's a hypeman. Chuck D just put out an album last year.

And lmao at a dude who doesn't know what it means to catch a fade telling people what they know about scales

fade means something else in tha mid-atlantic and so what, it's not tha worst mistake 2 make (a scale is tho truth be told lol).  Bama means two different things as far as slang goes... In Alabama it's what they call themselves, over hear it's what we call lames...

and Chuck D preserved his music tho, that's a prime example of what I'm talking about.  u don't c Chuck D dropping albums and mixtapes every year (if he does we never hear about it).

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »

fade means something else in tha mid-atlantic and so what, it's not tha worst mistake 2 make (a scale is tho truth be told lol).  Bama means two different things as far as slang goes... In Alabama it's what they call themselves, over hear it's what we call lames...

and Chuck D preserved his music tho, that's a prime example of what I'm talking about.  u don't c Chuck D dropping albums and mixtapes every year (if he does we never hear about it).

He's put out 4 albums in the past 6 years.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 05:34:28 PM »

but who knew?  or r u gonna blame tv and radio 4 that.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 06:25:20 PM »

but who knew?  or r u gonna blame tv and radio 4 that.

I knew and anyone keeping track of what Public Enemy is up to knew. What difference does it make?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 06:56:46 PM »
None.  It still doesnt change that fact that they havent whored themselves out and they`ve preserved their music.  You`re tryna be a smartass but u arent really seeing what im saying, not to mention tha fact that i wasnt talkin about Public Enemy in particular.  Public Enemy has only gone viral/out there with 1 album in tha past few years anyway, other than that they mustve gone by word of mouth.  AHH, WSHH, SOHH, HHDX, BET, MTV/2, VH1, RAPGODFATHERS, RRT, or any other source of media hasnt even said a word or are u gona use some bullshit EXCUSE about tha wrongs of media.  Anyway, some dudes do need 2 fall back, stop being a groupie and actin like they dont...get over it

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 07:18:07 PM »
None.  It still doesnt change that fact that they havent whored themselves out and they`ve preserved their music.  You`re tryna be a smartass but u arent really seeing what im saying, not to mention tha fact that i wasnt talkin about Public Enemy in particular.  Public Enemy has only gone viral/out there with 1 album in tha past few years anyway, other than that they mustve gone by word of mouth.  AHH, WSHH, SOHH, HHDX, BET, MTV/2, VH1, RAPGODFATHERS, RRT, or any other source of media hasnt even said a word or are u gona use some bullshit EXCUSE about tha wrongs of media.  Anyway, some dudes do need 2 fall back, stop being a groupie and actin like they dont...get over it

Wtf are you talking about? I'm talking about how 90s rappers shouldn't have to retire when even 80s rappers are still putting out music. Chuck D didn't retire for Ice Cube, Rakim didn't retire for Nas, Marley Marl didn't retire for Krs-One.

I swear, hip hop is the only genre where you will hear stupid ignorant ass motherfuckers saying artists from the past decade should retire. Its like as soon as a rapper becomes a legend you have retards calling for retirement and not giving them a chance to go further with their careers.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 07:30:46 PM »
Yeah its all me, of course

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 07:47:49 PM »
Can somebody explain to me what's being debated here?

I feel like it's "should older rappers retire for new rappers" but I can't decipher Radiotube's disfigured English.

Is that in fact the argument here?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 03:44:05 AM »

kemizt