Author Topic: Phil Jackson: "Kobe has patterned himself after Michael......he is not michael"  (Read 982 times)

teecee

Futhermore, even if Kobe plays 5 more years, how exactly does he become a BETTER player than MJ?  Cuz longevity doesn't = better.   If its rings, its Russell.  More rings than MJ would not make Kobe best ever. 

Sccit

who gives a fuck, phil says something new every day. he has also gone on record to say that kobe is a greater scorer and better with the ball than jordan. kobe is currently doing it with much less than jordan ever had. he's playin with gasol as a second fiddle, while jordan had pippen for all his title runs. give kobe a sidekick like pippen and lakers win the last 6 titles LOL. also, like infinite mentioned, kobe's shooting percentage is only lower because he has more range. so in essence, this is a plus for kobe. the more range a player has, the lower his percentage is. mj had no three-ball, so he barely shot from outside, while kobe is a great pure shooter. naturally, players who make their living in or around the paint have a higher percentage. amir johnson and deandre jordan dont have a higher shooting percentage than kevin garnett and tim duncan because they're better, they have a higher percentage because they have less range, therefore attempt shots within a limited range. same could be said for the kobe/jordan argument. and kobe doesn't have a go-to move? psssh...turnaround fadeway from the corner, how many times have we seen kobe close games with that shot? come on, now, if thats not a go-to move, i dunno what is.

another argument people never mention is the difference in competition from wing players...jordan went through so many mediocre wings. jazz, bulls? come on...his greatest rival at shooting guard was clyde drexler lol. athleticism was not the same back than as it is nowadays. today, the league is dominated by perimeter players, whereas back in the day, there were no lebron's, wade's, melo's, durant's, etc, it was clyde drexler, michael jordan, hersey hawkins, and bryon russell..feel it?

It took you 3 days to come up with this?   :(

two things in MJ's era- handchecks.  HUGE post players who were physical.

Your shit is getting pathetic NIK. 

HOwever, also pathetic is someone in this thread rating Garnett ahead of Kobe

one thing in kobe's era...zone defense. jordan played most of his ball against one defender. in todays game, they send a 2nd and even 3rd defender at kobe when he gets hot. zone rules changed the way superstars are double and triple teamed on the perimeter. jordan was playing amongst little scrubs who guarded him one-on-one most of the time...LOL. and i don't post here every day, dipshit, so no, it didn't take me three days, i responded as soon as i saw the thread. and stop making arguments against yourself, there were better bigs back in those days, true, but better PERIMETER players nowadays. now, basketball is a perimeter oriented game, whereas back in jordan's era, bigs runned the game, jordan was head-and-shoulders above the league as far as perimeter players went...honestly, the only pathetic thing is you coming in here with arguments that lack substance and try refuting my points with no basis whatsoever. step up your debating skills and argue my points without resorting to baseless claims.

Sccit

Futhermore, even if Kobe plays 5 more years, how exactly does he become a BETTER player than MJ?  Cuz longevity doesn't = better.   If its rings, its Russell.  More rings than MJ would not make Kobe best ever. 

LOL..when Kobe was in his physical prime, all the jordan nut huggers argued that kobe was as good as jordan as far as ability, but that he didn't have what it takes to lead his team. now that he's leading his teams to all these titles, the tune has changed...honestly, stfu, YOUR shit is getting pathetic.

Sccit

In one of these videos, phil is quoted saying that kobe is better than jordan in terms of skill, and that the biggest advantage jordan had on kobe were the size of his hands...enjoy:

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Futhermore, even if Kobe plays 5 more years, how exactly does he become a BETTER player than MJ?  Cuz longevity doesn't = better.   If its rings, its Russell.  More rings than MJ would not make Kobe best ever.  

LOL..when Kobe was in his physical prime, all the jordan nut huggers argued that kobe was as good as jordan as far as ability, but that he didn't have what it takes to lead his team. now that he's leading his teams to all these titles, the tune has changed...honestly, stfu, YOUR shit is getting pathetic.

Lol Kobe plays on a stacked team, his teams did nothing after shaq left and before gasol came. You just can't admit it because your a Kobe nut hugger
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 01:41:50 AM by Jaydc is back »

Sccit

Futhermore, even if Kobe plays 5 more years, how exactly does he become a BETTER player than MJ?  Cuz longevity doesn't = better.   If its rings, its Russell.  More rings than MJ would not make Kobe best ever.  

Lol Kobe plays on a stacked team, his teams did nothing after shaq left and before gasol came. You just can't admit it because your a Kobe nut hugger

dude...you dont even watch basketball. you just come in here and use basketball as a way to ride my nuts. seriously, you are one of the most pathetic beings i have ever encountered, internet or reality.

and about who kobe plays with, like i said, kobe has won titles with a much lesser 2nd fiddle in Gasol, whereas MJ had Pippen for ALL SIX OF HIS TITLES, who was arguably the 2nd best player in the league behind MJ. now lets see you try spinnin that shit into somehow riding my nuts, faggot.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
You can practically feel the angry tears hitting the keyboard everytime you come in here like captain simp to defend your idol. Seriously, your love of him is creepy and pathetic. No wonder you still live with your parents with Kobe sheets on your bed
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 02:00:48 AM by Jaydc is back »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
You're  arguments are always so predictable and stale.

Ignore mentions of how good the lakers team is, downplay all the talent.
When Kobe is compared to another player, claim the other team is full of superstars.
If a call is missed make sure to mention it everytime while ignoring the ones going the other way
Call everyone nut huggers
Have roccy and infinite come in the thread to back you up

Sccit

^i never once said nuthugger, idiot...in fact, that's what you called me a couple posts up lmao.

i'm done with this faggot, back to teecee, since at least you're debating from the heart and not the hormones.

this is what you said 2 years ago

But at least LBJ showed up in the elimination game, instead of allowing his team to get beat by 30 or whatever.  Kobe, like that one game 7 against the SUns, merely gave up...............which is why HE IS NOT JORDAN.  Is he as talented as Jordan?  DEFINITELY----------but fact is, Jordan never went out in finals game like that.  

Kobe still has ALOT to do to get on Jordan's level as far as acoomplishments go, and isn't that what sports is all about?  Not potential or ability, but RESULTS.  

So some players are overhyped, yet you saying Kobe is better than Jordan is not overhyping Kobe?  Again, abiout results, lets look at Kobe once he has LEAD his team to a title and has a few playoff MVP's.   He will never ever touch Jordan stat wise (assists, boards, steals, blocks....Jordan was too good overall) on a career basis so really, its all about palyoff results and it looks as though Kobe is on the cusp of making his mark as a leader in the playoffs.  Of course, it looked that way last year as well and we didn't exactly see a Jordan-worthy performance in the finals did we?

LOL....so now that Kobe has a chance to surpass Jordan in RINGS, he is no longer "DEFINITELY" as talented (as you said in the past)? GET OUT OF HERE. thread over, you killed your own arguments, considerin your opinion from 2 years ago did a complete 180. don't ever call anyone's opinion pathetic right after contradicting yourself that bad.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:34:34 AM by NIKCC »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
You call someone a nuthugger in every  5 posts or so

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Did that nigga forget that Kobe played with Shaq? Someone who some consider to be a better player on the all-time list than Kobe? ??? :laugh:

OG Hack Wilson

Did that jew forget that Kobe played with Shaq? Someone who some consider to be a better player on the all-time list than Kobe? ??? :laugh:

yep

NIK was calling Shaq the best center of all time at one point....now NIK tries to downplay Shaq as if he ws just along for the ride with Kobe
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

So Kobe gets penalized for being part of the greatest 1-2 punch in history? lame argument, dicklickers.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:33:51 AM by NIKCC »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
So Kobe gets penalized from being part of the greatest 1-2 punch in history? lame argument, dicklickers.

No but the question lies in how effective that first punch either was or needed to be. Shaq in those years was a mid 80s Mike Tyson uppercut right on the chin. The first punch, the one that sets up the uppercut doesn't have to be dynamite left hook, which Kobe was. A solid left jab will be enough for the other fighter to respect it to leave some opening for the more forceful punch.

The Lakers really lost a step for a couple years when Kobe was trusted into the leader position. He has since more than made up for any criticism, but in the couple years after Shaq left it made me wonder how vital he really was to the 3-peat team. When Gretzky left the Oilers we saw that the punch that set up the hay-maker was a hay maker in itself with Messier, and we saw it right away. When Pippen took over for MJ they were still a hip skip and a jump away from another ring (I'm not sure that even with Jordan they would have won it all that year). When Shaq left they fell to under 500 with Kobe at the helm.

Like I said, Kobe has more than become everything you said he always was, I'm just not so sure he always was. Whether or not Kobe is is as good as Jordan or Magix now is one thing, but  I think that 3-peat team is at least a 4peat team with Magic, Larry, or MJ teamed up with Shaq. And you can add current Kobe to that list.