Author Topic: nate really shined on that 213 album  (Read 1864 times)

Lort Laughin

Re: nate really shined on that 213 album
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 04:44:54 PM »
King Petey u sound like dat wigga chokin on a dick on da Dogg Food cd biatch!

bouli77

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 04:53:37 PM »
well TBH I don't even know the album that well. I remember precisely the time when it came out. I was so disappointed by Snoop and the situation with the eastsidaz that I wasn't really paying attention to this album. However, I remember the first time I heard Run On Up, it was on the Welcome To Tha Chuch Volume 1 and at the time it was called Run Up On us and I remember being mesmerized by nate's performance. I was like "Holy shit, Nate is on fire", then So Fly came out on the second volume I think and Nate was still on another level. Unfortunately, I bought the 213 only years later 'cause I was disappointed with Groupie Love, the remix was so damn good but the album version's beat kills the vibe of the song and that led me to sleep on this album.

But Nate's definitely on his A+ game on this album, his performances are so versatile. I just wish Warren would have produced the whole thing, cause Warren was still tight on the board then, he had produced songs like "After Dark" and In The Midnight Hours has some decent production on it too and it came out like 2 years later. Snoop came out as the weakest link on the album IMO, I expected more chemistry and interplay between the three of them but yeah nate was at its very best.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 05:03:54 PM »
could you please go outta here and flame somewhere else but in a nate dogg thread right now? you guys learned nothing. you're just on the same bullshit as usual. of course i'm aware of all these fake ass losers who be claiming this cd a classic now were hatin on it before, but you know what? let them shit talkers talk their shit, they will do anyway. the real ones know about the musical class of this record and I for myself I can say, I bought it the first day it came out and didnt take it out my cd player for 3 months. I loved the record. But that's not even the point. It's about how people try to claim whether their affection to Nate's music is "realer" than of someone else's - and that's bullshit. I know there are a lot of people who were hatin on the record when it dropped, who may now say it's a dope ass record, but that's just normal. people's opinions change with the time and I can understand that a lotta peeps were disappointed that Warren G didnt produce nothin on this cd. And it takes them some time to get over this closed minded way of judging an album and to finally appreciate the real musical value. and it's somehow pointless to philosophize about all of that because Nate is gone and we shouldn't be beefin over this kind of bullshit.

To make it simple: if you's a real fan, go and support the shit he put out, maybe (in the best case) buy his albums and be graced with all the music nate has given to us. It's a blessing. But please don't argue over such a bullshit. Who are you going to prove something? nobody! the people who know good music will love the record for what it is and not for nate's death. and if not, them guys are failures. period.

I don't care who is claiming this and that, I just care for Nate's legacy and as long as there's positivity spread I'm cool with it. So please let's just talk on the real, talk about the music, talk about the love. Because Nate's music is nothin but love.

Love for the ear.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 05:06:03 PM »
still think it had some nice cuts but overall the production was very average

a shame they didnt do that album in the mid 90s
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 05:09:18 PM »
an yup, what I just said has just been proven. King Peteys latest topic is just about some parts of my last post. You can't judge who loves music more than someone else. free your mind and step away from this kind of thinking

Funkstradamus

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 05:12:50 PM »
could you please go outta here and flame somewhere else but in a nate dogg thread right now? you guys learned nothing. you're just on the same bullshit as usual. of course i'm aware of all these fake ass losers who be claiming this cd a classic now were hatin on it before, but you know what? let them shit talkers talk their shit, they will do anyway. the real ones know about the musical class of this record and I for myself I can say, I bought it the first day it came out and didnt take it out my cd player for 3 months. I loved the record. But that's not even the point. It's about how people try to claim whether their affection to Nate's music is "realer" than of someone else's - and that's bullshit. I know there are a lot of people who were hatin on the record when it dropped, who may now say it's a dope ass record, but that's just normal. people's opinions change with the time and I can understand that a lotta peeps were disappointed that Warren G didnt produce nothin on this cd. And it takes them some time to get over this closed minded way of judging an album and to finally appreciate the real musical value. and it's somehow pointless to philosophize about all of that because Nate is gone and we shouldn't be beefin over this kind of bullshit.

To make it simple: if you's a real fan, go and support the shit he put out, maybe (in the best case) buy his albums and be graced with all the music nate has given to us. It's a blessing. But please don't argue over such a bullshit. Who are you going to prove something? nobody! the people who know good music will love the record for what it is and not for nate's death. and if not, them guys are failures. period.

I don't care who is claiming this and that, I just care for Nate's legacy and as long as there's positivity spread I'm cool with it. So please let's just talk on the real, talk about the music, talk about the love. Because Nate's music is nothin but love.

Love for the ear.
i feel you...i just found it ironic that King Penis...the biggest hater on the board would make a thread like this...never been a contest of who rocked Nate the most or the longest...but i understand how this new dick riding A.D. could upset some true fans...in all honesty i been in mourning for Nate since he got sick because i know people who have had massive strokes and they never fully recover...i knew his singing career was probably done then...

Lort Laughin

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 05:17:03 PM »
KinG peepee jumps on bandwagons often as charlie bumps lines

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 05:23:49 PM »
bc powda please just stop bumping your gums havent you shit on your heros legacy enough at this point? your still trying to turn this into somethign about YOU...its funny to me that all the eurowigs and stans call me a hater...im the voice of reason and you cowards know it.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2011, 05:33:12 PM »

Love for the ear.
i feel you...i just found it ironic that King Penis...the biggest hater on the board would make a thread like this...never been a contest of who rocked Nate the most or the longest...but i understand how this new dick riding A.D. could upset some true fans...in all honesty i been in mourning for Nate since he got sick because i know people who have had massive strokes and they never fully recover...i knew his singing career was probably done then...

true. I also know how it is when someone had a stroke because my granny had a massive one when I was young and she was paralyzed and couldn't speak straight anymore. but this turned into a "who is allowed to love nate's music" kind of discussion. and i don't like that. I get why u mad because I don't like them fake talkers neither but you can't go against that. just ignore them. you can make your jokes about this kind of stuff everywhere but not in a thread where we should just discuss and praise nate's effort on a really good album. I was also not too positive about Nate ever singing again, but there was a slight hope at least, because he was just 39 when he suffered from the strokes. but now that it's all over, we shouldn't beef about such irrelevancies. I just hope people are aware of what they post on here because you don't help nobody when you praise a record just because someone died.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 05:37:06 PM »
you ever had a loved one die and everyone starts acting all petty and squabbing about dumb shit like who gets to stand where at the funeral etc? thats what these dudes are trying to do here.

its like we all loved his music but is it so serious no one else is allowed to show love? get the fuck out of here with that shit...that is the epitome of some stan shit.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »
both of you got a point here, you just don't get it :D that's really ironic.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2011, 05:45:57 PM »
just out of curiosity what could bc powdas point be then?

that if nate wasnt in your sig prior to him dying you dont have a right to express respect now? i think your smarter then that...him and i have a history of going at it eversince he got exposed as a battlecat stan on this forum.

shade shiest thought he was the real battle cat and if ppl wouldnt have exposed him i got a feeling that suited him just fine lol.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »

that if nate wasnt in your sig prior to him dying you dont have a right to express respect now? i think your smarter then that...him and i have a history of going at it eversince he got exposed as a battlecat stan on this forum.

shade shiest thought he was the real battle cat and if ppl wouldnt have exposed him i got a feeling that suited him just fine lol.

look, just try to get his point without any prejudice. what he's trying to say is that there are too many people on here who were stamping records like this one as "wack" or "lame" and that now that nate died they come outta their holes and try show off and praise the shit out of it as if they could win an award or something. and i feel him because i know how this album has been judged on here. nut i just wanted to say that we shouldnt care as long as those folks stay positive. i can't stand those fake talkers neither but i think we shouldnt give those fuckers a platform by flaming an tripping out on em. Just let the music speak for itself and everyone on here who is a real one will know what this music means to real fans.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 05:56:22 PM »

look, just try to get his point without any prejudice. what he's trying to say is that there are too many people on here who were stamping records like this one as "wack" or "lame" and that now that nate died they come outta their holes and try show off and praise the shit out of it as if they could win an award or something. and i feel him because i know how this album has been judged on here. nut i just wanted to say that we shouldnt care as long as those folks stay positive. i can't stand those fake talkers neither but i think we shouldnt give those fuckers a platform by flaming an tripping out on em. Just let the music speak for itself and everyone on here who is a real one will know what this music means to real fans.

fair enough i dont appreciate being lumped in with that kind of shit because that aint me and anyone who aint a new booty on here knows that shit...with him its personal. i hurt his feelings and now hes being quite an opportunist to use nates passing as a platform to expose how much i hurt him in the past. i dont appreciate it.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2011, 06:02:53 PM »

fair enough i dont appreciate being lumped in with that kind of shit because that aint me and anyone who aint a new booty on here knows that shit...with him its personal. i hurt his feelings and now hes being quite an opportunist to use nates passing as a platform to expose how much i hurt him in the past. i dont appreciate it.

well alright, then that's an issue between you and him. but it's misplaced in these nate dogg threads. write yourselves pm's or for god's sake even letters or e-mails but this personal kinda stuff doesnt belong in here. i aint offending i just want to keep nate's threads clean from all the beef because the west has had enough beefin and we shouldnt beef in a thread where we're supposed to commemorate Nate D.O. Double G.