Author Topic: wtf is going on with mc ren?  (Read 1422 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: wtf is going on with mc ren?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 03:35:54 AM »
i would just be happy to hear him on anything with some direction and some decent production/mixing behind him.

I think that's the whole difference between Dre & Cube when they went solo & Ren. Not the lyrics or flow delivery, but the instrumentals! They just don't compare! Just like the entire Death Row sound vs Ruthless sound at the same time... Can you imagine the vocals of Ren's solo songs over any DR-produced beat? For a whole album? It'd have gone multi-platinum! No fucken doubt!

I also agree Ren must have counted on the NWA reunion (the featurings, the Up in Smoke Tour, & unfortunately the album that never happened), hell, the dvd as great as it was, was missing even as short as a 15mn (I even say 30mn) NWA 2001 live section!

After that, I think I recall Ren said he only wanted to stay independant, that he wanted nothing to do with a major. He did a cd-single independant, he did his "movie" independant, & his online album independant... Thing is he don't master the independant game like, say, Daz does. Or even how the DOC did his album. THAT would have been a good move for him! Working with another OG like him with whom he has great history!

The most recent featuring I can think of is with Tha Chill "Have dat Money Rite", good track, good video.
Hell The Game outta have mad features with Ren shouting NWA as he does...
Ren has had great instrumentals on all of his albums

Mietek23

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 05:45:09 AM »

Except the last one..

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »

Except the last one..
i disagree: V funk, Return of the villain, shooting the shit a lil bit, Renincarnated

HighEyeCue

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 02:14:59 PM »

Except the last one..
i disagree: V funk, Return of the villain, shooting the shit a lil bit, Renincarnated

yeah, I haven't heard his last one but all his other ones did

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 03:14:05 PM »

Except the last one..

would you like to listen to it?

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 03:40:55 PM »
Here's the promo in the meantime...

Villain Entertainment Presents MC Ren "Renincarnated" Kamurshol
Available for digital download October 31st, 2009.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »
Ren was in a tough position. Eazy was the company. Dre was the music. Cube was the superstar. Cube could afford to leave because he wasn't being paid what he was worth and Priority knew they could offer him what he wanted and they made a killing. Dre's deal was tougher because he actually signed a deal with Ruthless but his name had become so much more valuable than what his contract was that Suge and Interscope figured they'd take the L, make the money, and give Eric points on the deal. Ren not only didn't have the value as a solo act but you'd have to figure at that point that Eric was never going to let him get out of that deal. Furthermore from what I understand, he was creatively stuck because as he's explained, he really wasn't interested in Eazy's creative direction at the time. He didn't want to be a part of the anti-Death Row thing that Eazy was doing and he was publicly vocal about not wanting to do an N.W.A. record without everyone included. I believe him and Eazy actually were down-low complaining about it in that Fab 5 Freddy MTV interview way back when. Then Eazy died and it was even harder for him to deal with Ruthless. By the time, he was fully free and ready to go on his own, Dre and Cube had so much on their plates that they just didn't need it like Ren did.

Elkoizm

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 11:24:08 PM »
He didn't want to be a part of the anti-Death Row thing that Eazy was doing and he was publicly vocal about not wanting to do an N.W.A. record without everyone included. I believe him and Eazy actually were down-low complaining about it in that Fab 5 Freddy MTV interview way back when.

awol22222

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 11:28:22 PM »
He didn't want to be a part of the anti-Death Row thing that Eazy was doing and he was publicly vocal about not wanting to do an N.W.A. record without everyone included. I believe him and Eazy actually were down-low complaining about it in that Fab 5 Freddy MTV interview way back when.

He's not dissin' Dre, title is misleading.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 01:17:29 AM »

He's not dissin' Dre, title is misleading.
yeah he was actually hoping to get together and cut the bullshit.
he was cool with dre, snoop shouts him out on the chronic intro

HighEyeCue

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 07:24:01 AM »

Except the last one..

yeah, thanks again 8)

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 11:18:23 AM »
was just listening. album is sick. imo none of his albums have had incredible production. some songs do, but reincarrnated is about on par with the villain in black i'd say.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »

Except the last one..

yeah, thanks again 8)
you're welcome, i wonder what you think of it ;)

was just listening. album is sick. imo none of his albums have had incredible production. some songs do, but reincarrnated is about on par with the villain in black i'd say.
i disagree, that's my favourite ren album

tonyscarbones

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 01:39:36 PM »
ren should flip it

come out underground

on some sample based soundclick beats

he might need a ghostwriter tho

i'll ghostwrite for ren

i'm the best rapper on this site

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »
i had villan in black and ruthless for life on cassette tape and havent owned them since...does anyone have links handy for those albums?