Author Topic: DJ Quik - Book Of David concert/shows  (Read 339 times)

B.A.

DJ Quik - Book Of David concert/shows
« on: March 25, 2011, 01:57:28 PM »
Anyone going to a DJ Quik "The Book Of David" show?

Last week my wife and I were at our local record shop (Zia Records) and saw a poster for a DJ Quik show to promote "The Book Of David" that is going down on 04/30 in Tempe, AZ which is about 20 min. from were we stay at in Phoenix. We were like "WTF!!!!", we hadn't heard anything about it and went home and started looking up info on it. Sure enough there was a show going on at this venue called "The Clubhouse" so we got V.I.P. tickets so we can meet Quik and maybe get a couple of autographs. It's crazy how there hadn't been any promo for his show other than that poster we saw at the record shop.

Anyway, just thought I'd start a thread to see who's all going to go see Quik when he's out there promoting his new album.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 02:02:27 PM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
Re: DJ Quik - Book Of David concert/shows
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 02:58:37 PM »
My friend and I purchased VIP tix to go see him in San Francisco on the 21st. I found out about the tour through a Facebook post of his. Bought the tickets that day lol. I've been waiting a long time for a chance to meet Quik! Shit is going to be awesome  :)

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

Jimmy H.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 03:42:58 PM »
Wish Quik would come out to the North East. I've been wanting to see him but he generally doesn't move too far outside of the West.

Samcro10

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 05:44:52 PM »
dj quik is sick
Hip Hop T Shirts @ http://WildcatTShirts.com

jones5099

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 05:53:11 PM »
Wish Quik would come out to the North East. I've been wanting to see him but he generally doesn't move too far outside of the West.

this!

i've been wanting to see him perform live with his band, but i think the only way is for me to fly out to cali

B.A.

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 06:08:42 PM »
I've been waiting a long time for a chance to meet Quik! Shit is going to be awesome  :)

We were suppose to have seen Quik two other times before but both times the show was cancelled at the last minute. On one of those times we just received an email a couple days before the show saying that the show was cancelled and that we would be receiving a refund. The other time my wife and I actually got to the venue where the show was at but the parking lot was empty and there was a sign on the door saying it had been cancelled so we said "Fu@# it!", we got something to eat and went back home all dressed up and shit! It's funny now but that shit wasn't funny then, lol. Every time we've heard about a Quik show it's always by some crazy random coinsidence, seems like his shows don't really get a lot of promo (at least out here in AZ anyway). So yeah we're looking forward to it, don't leave us hanging again Quik, lol.

Here's a real quik concert story. About a year or two ago my homie and I went to see a Quik show and he actually showed up this time, it was a standing room show so we were in the back chillin. After a while Quik said the show was over and walked off stage and everyone started leaving. I knew it wasn't over because there were a few classics he hadn't performed yet so while the crowd was leaving we weaved through the crowd and walked up to the front of the stage and as soon as we got there the music came back on and Quik came back out and performed a few more songs. When he started to perform one of the songs off of the Fixxers album (which I really didn't care about) I put my camara away and pulled out my brand new copy of Safe + Sound that I had bought the weekend before along with a sharpie (I was planniing on having him sign it, i didn't know how I was going to pull it off but I was prepared). At one point Quik got right in front of me and was bustin', I held up the cd and marker and his security grabbed it out of my hands and held it up for him. Quik, without missing a beat, leaned over to me with his ear facing me, I told him my name and he (still without missing a beat) autographed it to me, DJ Quik, CPT the whole 9. I was trippin', I really didn't expect that to happen. I got a couple of pictures of him autographing the cd with the mic up to his mouth with his security holding it, shit was dope. I guess that makes up for him dissin' me and my lady the other two times before.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 07:13:50 PM »
I've been waiting a long time for a chance to meet Quik! Shit is going to be awesome  :)

We were suppose to have seen Quik two other times before but both times the show was cancelled at the last minute. On one of those times we just received an email a couple days before the show saying that the show was cancelled and that we would be receiving a refund. The other time my wife and I actually got to the venue where the show was at but the parking lot was empty and there was a sign on the door saying it had been cancelled so we said "Fu@# it!", we got something to eat and went back home all dressed up and shit! It's funny now but that shit wasn't funny then, lol. Every time we've heard about a Quik show it's always by some crazy random coinsidence, seems like his shows don't really get a lot of promo (at least out here in AZ anyway). So yeah we're looking forward to it, don't leave us hanging again Quik, lol.

Here's a real quik concert story. About a year or two ago my homie and I went to see a Quik show and he actually showed up this time, it was a standing room show so we were in the back chillin. After a while Quik said the show was over and walked off stage and everyone started leaving. I knew it wasn't over because there were a few classics he hadn't performed yet so while the crowd was leaving we weaved through the crowd and walked up to the front of the stage and as soon as we got there the music came back on and Quik came back out and performed a few more songs. When he started to perform one of the songs off of the Fixxers album (which I really didn't care about) I put my camara away and pulled out my brand new copy of Safe + Sound that I had bought the weekend before along with a sharpie (I was planniing on having him sign it, i didn't know how I was going to pull it off but I was prepared). At one point Quik got right in front of me and was bustin', I held up the cd and marker and his security grabbed it out of my hands and held it up for him. Quik, without missing a beat, leaned over to me with his ear facing me, I told him my name and he (still without missing a beat) autographed it to me, DJ Quik, CPT the whole 9. I was trippin', I really didn't expect that to happen. I got a couple of pictures of him autographing the cd with the mic up to his mouth with his security holding it, shit was dope. I guess that makes up for him dissin' me and my lady the other two times before.

Sick!!  :D

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

Elkoizm

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:56:44 PM »

What a story. Awesome!
When I go over to the states, first thing I'm doing is looking to see what shows he has and going to at least one of em.
Dude hasn't been to here since 2002.

drunkenfool

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »
Here is what he has posted so far on his facebook page.

Wed, Apr 20
8:00 pm
Key Club
Los Angeles, CA
Buy tickets TBA

Thu, Apr 21
8:00 pm
Ruby Skye
San Francisco, CA
Buy tickets TBA

Sat, Apr 23
7:00 pm