Author Topic: Dubcnn: Rappin' 4-Tay Returns With Star-Studded "Still Standing" Album (Audio)  (Read 100 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

San Francisco, CA - Rappin' 4-Tay is back! Ironically, that was the title of the Fillmore, San Francisco rapper's very first album in 1991. Two decades and ten albums later, 4-Tay is releasing his newest solo offering, "Still Standing".

To this day, his two worldwide mid-90's hits "Playas Club" and "I'll Be Around" fill up dance floors across the globe, and after a long hiatus, Rappin' 4-Tay is looking to add a couple more classics to his catalogue. Fully focused, he's been recording and eyeing the game, waiting for the right moment to step back in.

"I took a minute to stack up tracks and see what's going on from the outside, observing how the music game has changed. I wanted to put some music out there for the soul, something for the OG's, but mainly for the West Coast though. Keeping it smooth", 4-Tay says, explaining the concept behind the album.

"There's no more shoot 'em up bang bang, yellow tapes and chalk lines, but I'm still keeping it gangsta as well. I speak about the trials and tribulations that's been put in front of me: life, fatherhood, being in the rap game as well and dealing with those wicked streets out there."

"Still Standing" boasts an array of collaborations - from usual suspects as well as a couple of surprises. On the lead single "Put It On Me", 4-Tay reached out to Baby Bash, Dru Down and Icon, but the most interesting combination is featured on the song "Encore", bringing together several music legends: Montell Jordan, Treach of Naughty By Nature and Mac Mall.

Other guest appearances include: Mistah FAB, Celly Cel, Matt Blaque, Skee Lo, San Quinn, Myra, E The Don, No Name, Kyle Owens, as well as the aforementioned Montell Jordan, Treach, Mac Mall, Dru Down, Baby Bash and Icon.

This is only a taste of what 4-Tay has in store, as Still Standing Vol. 2 will be following in a couple of months, as well as another surprise project, which will be announced soon. "Still Standing" is available in stores and on all digital retailers via EMPIRE Distribution.

Listen to the single "Put It On Me" below:

Rappin' 4-Tay - Put It On Me (ft. Baby Bash, Dru Down & Icon)

Cop "Still Standing" on iTunes, Amazon and any other digital retailer worldwide.