Author Topic: Billboard.com: Game Says Delayed 'R.E.D.' Album Will Be 'Best' Album of 2011  (Read 938 times)

woof

Game Says Delayed 'R.E.D.' Album Will Be 'Best' Album of 2011
by Jazmine Gray, N.Y.   |   mars 29, 2011 1:18 EDT

Game's upcoming "The R.E.D." album has been delayed numerous times and still has no set release date, but the California rapper says he isn't jaded. In fact, he feels he's still "one of the last artists that really cares about hip-hop."

"I just think that every now and then in hip hop, there's a dead space so we need some substance," he tells Billboard.com's The Juice. "I think that I just might be one of the last artists that really cares about hip hop and not rap, not the culture, not poppin' bottles, not the cars, chains, broads, I just actually care about nurturing and giving back to this sort of foundation on which I grew up on, which is real hip-hop."

While Aftermath/Interscope figures out the situation with the album's street date, Game continues to release music via the internet to hold his fans off. He recently released mixtapes "Purp & Patron" and "The Hangover," which include 44 songs combined.  "I think that Purp & Patron has done a good job of sort of calming my fans, giving them something that they could just run with," he says. "People are already waiting on R.E.D. but this is just another reminder that I make good music."

As for "R.E.D.," which stands for the rededication, Game says it's "20 times better than the mixtape. The last year and a half, I've taken my time. R.E.D. is sort of my baby and I want to make sure that I water my seeds and I lay the foundation for R.E.D. with my mixtapes."

The album features production from Pharrell, who is executive producer on the set, as well as Dr. Dre. Justin Timberlake, Nelly Furtado, Lupe Fiasco, Snoop Dogg, Robin Thicke, Beanie Sigel, Rick Ross and Jay Electronica make guest appearances so far.

"The 'R.E.D.' album is going to remind everybody of what hip-hop is supposed to be in its prime," says Game. "The 'R.E.D.' album will be the best album this year hands down. There's nobody putting out an album this year that will even be able to compete with the skill level-- the bar is gonna be set after this album drops. I guarantee it now from start to finish."

http://www.billboard.com/news#/column/the-juice/game-says-delayed-r-e-d-album-will-be-best-1005099132.story

Detox is not coming out this year Lol  :whistle:

Tekniec

cant wait but what about some west coast features other then Snoop?

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
We'll see
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

GangstaBoogy

I believe him  his albums are always dope . Plus he already got all the bubble gum trash out of his system (pussy fight, aint no doubt about it, etc)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

NIGGAZ CAN HATE ON GAME ALL DAY BUT THE NIGGA HAS SKILLS BOTTOM LINE, HE BRINGS HEAT WHEN SHYT GETS SERIOUS

TT Makaveli

• 'G'
blabla...do you remember Game saying that his Justin Timberlake collabo will make it to the grammys and stuff like that...and then Aint No Doubt About It dropped and it was like the weakest Pharell-mainstream track ever?  ;D

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

DetoxIsntAMyth

• 'G'
No Detox this year yeah  >:(

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
so far every album he has dropped has been dope. hope he gets this one out and on point as usual

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
aint no doubt about it
I think it's still on the album, he said in one interview before and this one also says that Justin is on it

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
Game is always talking loud ...and then the results are "meh" ...
It'll probably be good but I cannot ever envision a world in which an album by Game is the best album of the year. let alone best rap album of the year. not when pharoahe, dj quik, wc, last emperor and dre are about to drop new records...

GangstaBoogy

Nah there's no way andai is gonna make the final cut. Its old and the fans made sure to let him know we weren't feeling that shit at all.

I don't expect that record, pushin it, phantom, it must be more, shake, pussy fight, big money, or any of those other year old tracks that leaked to make the cut.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
he has yet to release a dud, I look forward to this
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Mista Rosa

He better scrap aint no doubt about it and the other wack pharell single, don't even remember the name.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."