Author Topic: what happnd between Ice Cube n Mr short Khop?  (Read 1029 times)

D-TalkX

Re: what happnd between Ice Cube n Mr short Khop?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 09:20:13 PM »
Yeah it went platinum but it went platinum because Snoop's face was on it, not Dee's or Loc's....And when they say they didn't get paid they mean they didn't make a million like snoop and they only made $300,000....Well take away Snoop and they don't make $30,000 right?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 11:09:28 PM »
Yeah it went platinum but it went platinum because Snoop's face was on it, not Dee's or Loc's....And when they say they didn't get paid they mean they didn't make a million like snoop and they only made $300,000....Well take away Snoop and they don't make $30,000 right?

real talk

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2011, 05:25:42 AM »
I think a lot of artists come up into the game and think that they are gonna turn into the superstar that got them started.  These guys think they are going to have careers like Cube and Snoop, but they don't realize how rare a Cube and Snoop are.  Its a tough world out there.  All the rappers who got brought up by cube and snoop need to and should have been grateful for the opportunity handed to them.  If they screwed up that opportunity they have no one to blame but themselves.

real talk

artist are gettin greedy n r sufferin from napoleon-syndromes..
they want to wear the boss' shoes.
not workin like that.
artist should b thankful, that somebody took they ignorant asses out the hood in the first place.
play your position. u think anybody would remember Tony Yayo  if he left the G Unit-umbrella?

i remember an interview Nima did wit Snoop,
n when asked about former Dogghouse artists like Kokane, Bad Azz or E-White --
somethin like "they can do they own thing, but they were better off when they were wit me.. look at their music n carrers now? GARBAGE"

the only artist i know, who actually managed to boss up on his own - is Ice Cube.
odds were against him when he left the Nwa-familtytree, but dude was lucky when "amerikkkaz most wanted" dropped
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:28:12 AM by Michael Madsen »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »
I remember hearing short khop was upset because cube didn't pay him for all the ghostwritting and hooks he did for him so cube just cut him off. As far as him disappearing from rap - I really wish someone could finally find out. Dude was sick as fuck from players club - da khop shop.

Cube needed a ghost writer?  makes sense...Pushin Weight was classic
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 02:16:31 PM »
I remember hearing short khop was upset because cube didn't pay him for all the ghostwritting and hooks he did for him so cube just cut him off. As far as him disappearing from rap - I really wish someone could finally find out. Dude was sick as fuck from players club - da khop shop.

Cube needed a ghost writer?  makes sense...Pushin Weight was classic

he didn't

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 10:20:04 PM »
^ he did. You guys can believe what you want but the reason these vets find these young hungry dudes is for themselves. And they ALL use them as ghostwriters

Short khop: ice cube
Bishop lamont: warren g, dr dre
Knocturnal: dr dre, warren g
Problem: snoop dogg
Terrace martin: snoop dogg

Even hittman spoke on him almost having a chance to write for cube but cube "already had his own writer".

But to be fair, I'd love to write for a legend too so it goes both ways
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 10:56:10 PM »
That's something that always bugs me. it's a business and if you're too ignorant to spend $300 on a lawyer to read your contract then you deserve it. If you signed it and got pimped...tough. I'm a hockey agent and I was an artist manager for a while....they gotta read the fine print and fancy words ha. That can't be Cube's fault or even Pat Charbonnet's because if it was in the paperwork then that's their bad.

Anyone agree?disagree?
I think that why this happens is because people wouldn't think others who got screwed over in the past wouldn't screw over them.  Especially when it comes to blacks.  Examples NWA/Eazy & Lox/Puffy.  And lots of blacks went through a lotta junk to be at the highest position, some feel that they'd lead others the right way instead of screw them over.  Might have said this wrong but I think some of yall willl understand what I mean.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2011, 11:25:55 PM »
^ he did. You guys can believe what you want but the reason these vets find these young hungry dudes is for themselves. And they ALL use them as ghostwriters

Even hittman spoke on him almost having a chance to write for cube but cube "already had his own writer".

Put your money where your mouth is and name a source then. Lol you can't just randomly guess someone had a ghostwriter, especially Cube who's known for writing his own rhymes.

doggfather

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 11:35:23 PM »

Bad Azz wrote for Snoop too.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 01:18:36 AM »

Bad Azz wrote for Snoop too.

Yeah and Tray Deee wrote for Snoop too. You can't really call them ghostwriters though since Snoop credited them and even gave a shoutout to them on the " NL Top Dogg" booklet, "Bad Azz, Tray Deee my ghost writers".

doggfather

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 06:00:49 AM »
yes, Tray Dee I forget him.  :)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ