Author Topic: Western Conference NBA Playoffs...who u got?  (Read 2007 times)

Sccit

Re: Western Conference NBA Playoffs...who u got?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 04:58:29 PM »
San Antonio in 5
Lakers in 4
Dallas in 6
Denver in 7 (yes, I am aware that I am in complete denial)

If its not the Spurs I hope The Soni....i mean......Thunder, take the title lol

Then you can burn in hell along with Clay Bennet, David Stern, and Howard Schultz  ;)

side not, why is sacrmento making so much more noise and showing a lot more support in their situation than seattle did? sacramento is really fightin hard right now to keep the kings. i dont remember seattle putting up this much of a fight.

theremedy360

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 05:40:55 PM »
San Antonio in 5
Lakers in 4
Dallas in 6

Then you can burn in hell along with Clay Bennet, David Stern, and Howard Schultz  ;)

side not, why is sacrmento making so much more noise and showing a lot more support in their situation than seattle did? sacramento is really fightin hard right now to keep the kings. i dont remember seattle putting up this much of a fight.

The situation in Seattle was NEVER about fan support despite what the powers that be what you to believe. Despite years of mediocre basketball, horrible management and executive decisions in the post Gary Payton years we never had attendance issues. Once Schultz sold the team (which I would have to write another essay about) Clay Bennet was gonna do everything he could to alienate the fan base. This included dismantling the team, canceling all team community projects, and not allowing OUR newest superstar (KD) to do radio interviews, basically trying to keep him a secret so Seattle wouldn't grow attached to him. Despite our "owner" doing everything in his power to hurt attendance, we still came out and averaged higher attendance than many struggling franchises. Due to the fact that Bennet took in the Hornets post Katrina, Stern was gonna do anything he could to pay him back, which meant allowing 41 years of history go down the drain. And the idea that we didn't fight to keep the team is ridiculous. Our shit government dropped the ball, not the fans. Despite numerous protests around the city out shit for brains Mayor Nickel dropped our lawsuit and sold the final two years of the lease on Key Areana to OKC. That means they should have at least played here until last year and we could have definitely worked out an arena deal, Steve Balmer (microsoft ceo) even offered to fund the majority of a remodel but Stern was already prepared to give the team to OKC so he rejected it. If you don't believe me watch this award winning documentary called "Sonicsgate" http://sonicsgate.org/movie/ and tell me that we didn't get screwed. It has changed numerous perspectives on the situation (including mine). Someone who is as passionate about the NBA as you should be educated on what actually happened compared to BS public perception.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:42:36 PM by TheRemedy360 »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 05:43:40 PM »
Quote from: TheRemedy360 link=topic=266496.msg2691992#ms

g2691992 date=1302904531
San Antonio in 5
Lakers in 4
Dallas in 6

Then you can burn in hell along with Clay Bennet, David Stern, and Howard Schultz  ;)

People who live in Sac know that if they lose the Kings, the next best option for entertainment from 7:30 - 10:30pm is cow tippin or scrapin road kill off the freeway for a fancy dinner
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 09:33:19 PM »
San Antonio in 5
Lakers in 4
Dallas in 6

Then you can burn in hell along with Clay Bennet, David Stern, and Howard Schultz  ;)

The situation in Seattle was NEVER about fan support despite what the powers that be what you to believe. Despite years of mediocre basketball, horrible management and executive decisions in the post Gary Payton years we never had attendance issues. Once Schultz sold the team (which I would have to write another essay about) Clay Bennet was gonna do everything he could to alienate the fan base. This included dismantling the team, canceling all team community projects, and not allowing OUR newest superstar (KD) to do radio interviews, basically trying to keep him a secret so Seattle wouldn't grow attached to him. Despite our "owner" doing everything in his power to hurt attendance, we still came out and averaged higher attendance than many struggling franchises. Due to the fact that Bennet took in the Hornets post Katrina, Stern was gonna do anything he could to pay him back, which meant allowing 41 years of history go down the drain. And the idea that we didn't fight to keep the team is ridiculous. Our shit government dropped the ball, not the fans. Despite numerous protests around the city out shit for brains Mayor Nickel dropped our lawsuit and sold the final two years of the lease on Key Areana to OKC. That means they should have at least played here until last year and we could have definitely worked out an arena deal, Steve Balmer (microsoft ceo) even offered to fund the majority of a remodel but Stern was already prepared to give the team to OKC so he rejected it. If you don't believe me watch this award winning documentary called "Sonicsgate" http://sonicsgate.org/movie/ and tell me that we didn't get screwed. It has changed numerous perspectives on the situation (including mine). Someone who is as passionate about the NBA as you should be educated on what actually happened compared to BS public perception.

yea...i def need to check that documentary out n i will soon...but i just dont remember hearing as much of an uproar about it in the media etc. as there has been with the sac-town ordeal. but maybe thats cuz i'm in LA, which is closer to the current situation. pretty whack that the sonics had to go, though. ya'll got to keep the supersonic name/logo/colors, but i think if u ever do get a franchise, the 41 year history still belongs with the thunder...i'm pretty sure that kevin johnson is looking into keeping the kings name, colors, AND history with sacramento, in case the current kings move....i was at a sacramento kings fansite, and trust me, those mufuckaz are straight up enraged. i'll check the documentary, it'll probably change my perspective a lot.

theremedy360

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 09:24:36 AM »
San Antonio in 5
Lakers in 4
Dallas in 6

yea...i def need to check that documentary out n i will soon...but i just dont remember hearing as much of an uproar about it in the media etc. as there has been with the sac-town ordeal. but maybe thats cuz i'm in LA, which is closer to the current situation. pretty whack that the sonics had to go, though. ya'll got to keep the supersonic name/logo/colors, but i think if u ever do get a franchise, the 41 year history still belongs with the thunder...i'm pretty sure that kevin johnson is looking into keeping the kings name, colors, AND history with sacramento, in case the current kings move....i was at a sacramento kings fansite, and trust me, those mufuckaz are straight up enraged. i'll check the documentary, it'll probably change my perspective a lot.

Word, it's frustrating cause aside from the Sonic die hards a lot of people around here still don't even understand what happened cause the media did such a great job covering it up. If we don't get another team by the end of 2012 OKC gets to keep the history (once again, thanks to faggot ass Mayor Nickels). Even though GP and Kemp have publicly stated that they're not gonna have their jersey retired in OKC that shithole of a city's programs already have them and the rest of our past stars in them. You would think stealing an amazing up and coming team would be enough, but for some reason that Bennet feels the need to shit on our city even more than he already has. And if you want to see some enraged Sonics fans then check out the Bill Simmons mail bag from 2008, http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080228. When you get the chance to check out the documentary let me know what you think of it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:36:59 AM by TheRemedy360 »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 04:01:24 PM »
WTF LOL, LAKERS AND SPURS LOST!!! LOOL
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 04:05:08 PM »
told u guys LA was losing in 4 gqames
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 04:49:43 PM »
only chance the hornets have is if gasol goes 2-9 every game the rest of the way...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2011, 04:55:20 PM »
only chance the hornets have is if gasol goes 2-9 every game the rest of the way...
or if Cp3 keeps dropping 30 points and 10+ assists a game
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2011, 04:59:18 PM »

Im actually more surprised the Lakers lost. They have such a weak matchup, and we had Manu out. I'm fuckin frustrated that Pop wont play Splitter more.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2011, 05:14:33 PM »

Im actually more surprised the Lakers lost. They have such a weak matchup, and we had Manu out. I'm fuckin frustrated that Pop wont play Splitter more.

on the real I'm rooting for the Spurs, Thunder and Blazers to advance

when Manu is back you guys will win

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »
Memphis is missing its best player ... Lol at Gasoft and gay ass Jefferson choking

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2011, 05:32:01 PM »
Memphis is missing its best player ... Lol at Gasoft and gay ass Jefferson choking

Yeah theyre missing Gay, but oddly enough have played better towards the end of the season without him. Jefferson had an open three, but I dunno if he really choked. The best three point shooters in the league never shoot above 50% for a season, so you miss more than you make.

theremedy360

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2011, 05:41:20 PM »

Yeah theyre missing Gay, but oddly enough have played better towards the end of the season without him. Jefferson had an open three, but I dunno if he really choked. The best three point shooters in the league never shoot above 50% for a season, so you miss more than you make.

Yeah but it's not often that you get a wide open shot like that, gotta hit those. Can't believe LA lost.

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »

i'm pretty sure the percentage on wide open threes is above 50%