Author Topic: Wale been gettin his man lately  (Read 355 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Wale been gettin his man lately
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 08:18:39 AM »
Son had a lead single with LADY GAGA! No disrespect, either. Liked that song. But he's the only rapper to work with that sales monster & he failed. That's pathetic.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 08:24:51 AM »
I agree. i don think he has any drive at all. The rest of these dudes are releasing mixtape after mixtape, feature after feature and this dude hasnt done shit since his album dropped.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 11:06:18 AM »
Wale just ain't got it.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 12:43:55 PM »
^^ Lloyd Banks ?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 02:38:35 PM »
I don't think Banks will ever blow up.  I'm not saying one should stop liking an artist.  Just that he's going to be a weed carrier the rest of his life

edit:
Additionally, once wale starts showing some personality and an air of independence I would reconsider my opinion of him.  Banks been doing him for a minute now and 50 been staying behind the doors so if Banks does blow it'll look like it's due to him more than 50 where as Wale's position today is just him riding Ross's success.  What hot record did Wale drop in the past year? 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:00:18 PM by Action! »
- Banks

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 08:56:41 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/YYIcukrg-Hc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/YYIcukrg-Hc</a>

yeah i stopped gassing Wale for a minute too around tha time that 2nd Seinfeld mixtape dropped, tha last one i liked was tha 1 with 9th Wonder...

but then hold up... when u think about it that's only 1 year that was so so after success so i mean how can u say that somebody fell off... sitting at tha computer a little too much, time seem like it's going crazy slow, does 2009 seem like 2008... :whistle: [i mean it's not like u can say that tha "Back To Tha Feature" album is wack]

all i'm basically saying is that dude is stepping his game up and he's proving it by his more recent work...no1's out here claiming Wale is tha God... but that nigga iz gettin' nicer tho

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 09:15:35 PM »
you asking moot pointless rhetorical questions just like me asking you who you to say he's hot when you sitting at a computer typing? 
- Banks

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 10:56:06 PM »
you asking moot pointless rhetorical questions just like me asking you who you to say he's hot when you sitting at a computer typing? 

see i never asked You or any of you a question until about midway thru tha page.  all i did was throw out a comment on his progression as an artist, it wasn't a fair game type of thing. 

Wale's gonna step his mojo up, i can hear it and tha fact that he's got this business venture with MMG is tha icing on tha cake.  They might not have any IMMEDIATE SuperStars over there at MMG but they got enough potential and they got enough ground covered to make a stang...

I think Wale has some work 2 do but he's not garbage and he seems to be stepping up closer to tha frontline becuz I too feel what y'all feel tha only difference is I'm actually taking time out 2 watch dude grow as an artist and he's getting better... he'll never be a Jay Z but he has tha possibility somewhat of being a Wale

FTR:  "Chillin" was tha wackest song on tha radio that year and nobody liked it.  It got put on becuz Wale was with Interscope and Lady Gaga was blowing up at that time so it was more of a Look for her than Wale.