Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV series)  (Read 3268 times)

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
Re: Game of Thrones (TV series)
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 01:54:33 PM »
Absolutely unbelievable show

I won't ruin anything for anyone but I've been reading the books, just finished book 3. This show is gonna be long lasting and the fucking shit  8)

About to start reading book 4!

nice i saw them on sale at costco........im gona make a trip over the border n them from costco usa they'll be much cheaper  :D
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

doggfather

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 11:40:02 PM »
yesterday started the 2nd season!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 04:40:30 PM »
yeah i just saw the 2nd episode....its awesome!

just when Spartacus finishes....Game and Borgais start!!!!  ;D
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

JohnnyL

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 10:09:16 PM »
Absolutely unbelievable show

I won't ruin anything for anyone but I've been reading the books, just finished book 3. This show is gonna be long lasting and the fucking shit  8)

About to start reading book 4!

nice i saw them on sale at costco........im gona make a trip over the border n them from costco usa they'll be much cheaper  :D

About 600 pages into book 4 now, myself.  The books are great.  Really enjoyed the first episode of season 2 as well.  I hope the second season is as well received as the first season was, because I can't wait for them to adapt the third book.  I think that one has been my favorite so far. 

Lunatic

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2012, 09:27:09 AM »
^ Yea, the 3rd book is the best.

Not gonna lie though, while I'm still enjoying season 2 because I love this series so much, it hasn't been as good as season 1 IMO. And that's because they've made a lot more changes from book to show this season than they did last season.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2012, 10:18:25 AM »
ppl keep telling me this shit is videocrack

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2012, 04:58:04 PM »
ppl keep telling me this shit is videocrack

It's definitely the show I look the most forward to every week, and by far.

Someone complained to me that with all the different characters and stories going on at once it's doesn't have enough character development. I argued that while some shows follow a character grow and the plot plays second fiddle, tyhis shows follows the plot grow and the characters play second fiddle. It's refreshing.

The more I think about it though the more it seems as though a mythology is being created. You can talk about the characters in Game of Thrones like you talk about the Greek Gods and Hercules. Can anyone really give me any character development of Zeus? Yet, he's one of the most famous characters in all of literature.

Lunatic

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2012, 05:43:06 PM »
Someone complained to me that with all the different characters and stories going on at once it's doesn't have enough character development. I argued that while some shows follow a character grow and the plot plays second fiddle, tyhis shows follows the plot grow and the characters play second fiddle. It's refreshing.

Yea, I've heard a ton of complaining on that also. Especially with Stannis & Melisandre. And when Renly died, it was supposed to be big, but I think most viewers who haven't read the books didn't care much.

JohnnyL

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2012, 03:41:00 AM »
^ Yea, the 3rd book is the best.

Not gonna lie though, while I'm still enjoying season 2 because I love this series so much, it hasn't been as good as season 1 IMO. And that's because they've made a lot more changes from book to show this season than they did last season.

MINOR SPOILERS (if you're not keeping up with current season).

Yeah, I agree with you on that.  It seems like they're having to cut a lot of things out, this time around to get everything from book two, to fit into the season.  It seems like with season 1, they got everything to fit perfectly without having to lose very much from the first book, at all. They've also changed some things around, and have different characters doing things than the characters who did them in the book.  Some of these changes, I can see why they were done, and others, I really can't.   One change that I think was a mistake was the show attributing the cache of wildfire to Joffrey at all, when in the book it was all Tyrion's plan. When the season started, I was surprised they changed the name of the Asha character to Yara (sp?). I guess maybe to avoid confusion with Osha?  A minor gripe, but I still think they should have left it.  Also, after last weeks episode, I'm wondering if Bran's two friends are going to be in the series, at all.  I still really like the show, but they have taken far more liberties, this time around, than last year.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2012, 08:47:32 AM »

Yea, I've heard a ton of complaining on that also. Especially with Stannis & Melisandre. And when Renly died, it was supposed to be big, but I think most viewers who haven't read the books didn't care much.

You mean Renly's death was a bigger deal character wise in the book? I haven't read them.

Lunatic

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2012, 10:39:50 AM »
^ I think it was a bigger deal in the book, yes. The whole scene of his death looked kinda cheesy, but it was a weird occurrence, I figured it'd look odd on TV.

Yes, Asha was changed to Yara to avoid confusion with Osha.

Bran's 2 friends won't be in this season, but will be in next season apparently. I'm disappointed by this, they should be in season 2.

Yes, season 1 was so perfect, about 98% accurate to the book IMO.

This season has made many unnecessary changes IMO. Some necessary, but many not.

Lunatic

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2012, 12:14:45 AM »
What an amazing episode but God that ending pissed  me off. I hate when they change shit from the books.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2012, 10:58:15 AM »
What an amazing episode but God that ending pissed  me off. I hate when they change shit from the books.

They were never stolen in book?

Lunatic

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »

Nope. That's the biggest change they'd ever make and I don't get it. Well, I do..

No spoilers, but I'll tell you right now that this is just filler. There's 4 episodes left and she really only has 1 more thing to do (by the books). Dragons being stolen probably just gives her something to do for an episode or 2 before she gets them back.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2012, 06:09:28 PM »

Nope. That's the biggest change they'd ever make and I don't get it. Well, I do..

No spoilers, but I'll tell you right now that this is just filler. There's 4 episodes left and she really only has 1 more thing to do (by the books). Dragons being stolen probably just gives her something to do for an episode or 2 before she gets them back.

It's kind of silly to do that for just filler, and even sillier if it changed the direction. It smells of HBO execs getting in the picture and saying "let's make the dragons get stolen to build suspense".