Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV series)  (Read 3271 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Game of Thrones (TV series)
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2012, 06:52:18 AM »
Something just hit me about the whole Sir Roderick, or whatever his name is, execution. The Pyke soldiers that grabbed him said he killed two of them before they beat him. Wouldn't a bunch of lawless pirates like that bunch just kill the guy on sight? Why capture him?

Lunatic

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2012, 12:03:46 PM »
What an amazing episode but God that ending pissed  me off. I hate when they change shit from the books.

They were never stolen in book?
Nope. That's the biggest change they'd ever make and I don't get it. Well, I do..

No spoilers, but I'll tell you right now that this is just filler. There's 4 episodes left and she really only has 1 more thing to do (by the books). Dragons being stolen probably just gives her something to do for an episode or 2 before she gets them back.

It's kind of silly to do that for just filler, and even sillier if it changed the direction. It smells of HBO execs getting in the picture and saying "let's make the dragons get stolen to build suspense".
That's the thing, it won't change direction, cuz they made sure they picked a suspenseful event (like u said, it builds suspense) that can be reversed (she'll gets the dragons back soon) so it won't change the direction.

But I'm pretty sure it's just filler since like I said, according to the book, she really only has one more thing to do. Instead of leaving her out for the next 2 episodes or w.e, she'll be trying to get her dragons back.

No spoiler, but I think this may also make her go to a place she's going to go too -- they'll use the dragons stolen excuse to get her there, but i don't see the point since in the books, she goes there anyway.

like i said, filler.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2012, 04:05:05 AM »
 This show fucking rocks! i watched season 1 and 5 episodes of season 2 within about 5 days. Love it!
 In some ways i like it better than spartacus but in some ways i like spartacus better. Both epic. Love the violence and the nakedness. Oh cool story too.

Lunatic

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2012, 11:47:05 PM »
I thought this was a pretty good episode, sets up a lot of stuff for the final 3 episodes.

The Theon stuff was pulled right out of the books pretty much. The hunt for Bran & Rickon and the suspenseful ending, good stuff.

Ygritte has been a great character so far, pretty much from the books also, minus perhaps a few dinks.

The only GREAT stuff they've added that's NOT from the books is the dialogue with Arya & Tywin -- Really, really great. No complaints on that made up plot from a book lover such as myself.

Sansa has received her first flowering, not good news on her front.

Obviously since Dany's entire "Stolen Dragons" thing is made up, it comes off as weird to me and it's clearly not accurate. Neither is the dying 11 of the 13 I believe. I do think her story line will even out next week though & get back on track with the book.

Robb continues to build his story with the non high born girl. I wasn't sure why Jaime escaped (doesn't happen in the books, he never escapes) only to be captured again. He just always remain captured. The whole Catelyn thing "Brienne, bring me my sword" is right out of the books, word for word.. No spoiler, but surprised that happened this early, with 3 more episodes to go.

Can't wait for next episode. A lot should go down! Jon is in trouble, Dany knows her dragons is at The House of the Undying, etc
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2012, 03:11:52 AM »
Love this show at the moment, started reading the books and its interesting to get a bit more of the back story and lore, the first season seems pretty faithful to the book so far.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2012, 04:09:50 AM »
I thought this was a pretty good episode, sets up a lot of stuff for the final 3 episodes.

The Theon stuff was pulled right out of the books pretty much. The hunt for Bran & Rickon and the suspenseful ending, good stuff.

Ygritte has been a great character so far, pretty much from the books also, minus perhaps a few dinks.

The only GREAT stuff they've added that's NOT from the books is the dialogue with Arya & Tywin -- Really, really great. No complaints on that made up plot from a book lover such as myself.

Sansa has received her first flowering, not good news on her front.

Obviously since Dany's entire "Stolen Dragons" thing is made up, it comes off as weird to me and it's clearly not accurate. Neither is the dying 11 of the 13 I believe. I do think her story line will even out next week though & get back on track with the book.

Robb continues to build his story with the non high born girl. I wasn't sure why Jaime escaped (doesn't happen in the books, he never escapes) only to be captured again. He just always remain captured. The whole Catelyn thing "Brienne, bring me my sword" is right out of the books, word for word.. No spoiler, but surprised that happened this early, with 3 more episodes to go.

Can't wait for next episode. A lot should go down! Jon is in trouble, Dany knows her dragons is at The House of the Undying, etc

Nothing big happened in yesterdays episode, it was meh.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2012, 03:05:50 AM »
Well this weeks episode was epic!!!

And who are you, the proud lord said,
    that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat,
    that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
    a lion still has claws,
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
    as long and sharp as yours...

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
Epic episode, definitely made up for last week. Tyrion the man as always

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2012, 03:22:09 AM »

Half man! half man! half man! half man!!!!!

Sandor: eat shit dwarf.....fuck the kingsguard, fuck the king LOL

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2012, 01:36:00 AM »

Half man! half man! half man! half man!!!!!

Sandor: eat shit dwarf.....fuck the kingsguard, fuck the king LOL

Lol that was classic. Bronn vs Sandor would of been epic if it popped off. Just finished the first book today, playing catch up

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2012, 12:38:04 PM »

FOR THE WIN!
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

doggfather

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2012, 03:46:37 AM »
Just finished the 2nd season and it was amazin!

(P)Imp 4 king!!!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2012, 08:44:00 AM »
Just finished the 2nd season and it was amazin!

(P)Imp 4 king!!!

did u read the book? if not then u wouldnt be saying this  ;) ;)
i understand that they need to cut books cuz they to big but changing shit a lot compare to books make me even less anticipate 3 season

doggfather

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »
nah, i ain't read.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2012, 10:27:27 PM »
i just got into this... i downloaded the first season and gonna start watching ive already got mixed up in the second season but im not sure whats going on but im sure the first season will help me out
The West is Back