Author Topic: Memphis - SPurs  (Read 847 times)

Sccit

Re: Memphis - SPurs
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 01:46:07 PM »
God fuckin damnit!!!

Bottom line is, we havent shown up at ALL in this series! Period. They are simply out working us, and want this shit more. They arent more talented at all. Its basically Zach Randolph, Pau's brother, and a buncha god damn no names. We're just playin like gettin the #1 seed was enough to waltz to the finals or some shit. Not to mention, WHY THE FUCK IS BONNER EVER IN THE MUTHAFUCKIN GAME?!!??! Fuck that guy! If Pop wants to put him in, put him in. The second he misses his first three, take his ass out. He's a huge liability. Splitter should have been starting the entire series. He plays decent minutes, especially against a team that lives in the paint like the Grizzlies. I seriously hope this game embarrassed the SHIT outta these guys!

stop makin excuses, we all knew this would happen.....i called it back in november.

What are you talkin about? How is that an excuse? An excuse would be like you bitching about refs, and the league hating your team, etc...etc. I said the Grizzlies are oout working us, and playing more hungry. Doesnt sound like an excuse

u actin like the Spurs are the superior team and are simply just not showin up, when in reality, they're just not as physical as the Grizzlies...it's who they are, not how theyre playing. if they want a shot at takin this serious, they need to man-up and start playin some tough basketball. Memphis is simply playin a tougher brand of basketball, it has nothin to do with the Spurs "not showin up".........i don't ever remember a 1 vs. 8 seed where a lot of people thought the 8th seed had a good chance at winning, and even before the series began, lots of people thought the Grizzlies would give the Spurs a whole lot of trouble........yall are just not THAT good, like your record indicates.

I didnt say the grizzlies arent playing tougher basketball right now. Thats part of wanting it more, and playing hungrier. Part of the problem is, that Pop decided to go with a more high scoring offense during the regular season. Thats fine, cus it wins regular season games. He knows that style doesnt win championships, so he has tried to switch it to a more grinding out style for the playoffs. Thats how we won our championships. The problem is, trying to completely change up your style of play once the playoffs starts is very fuckin difficult. Its even more difficult when you keep giving players like Matt Bonner more PT than Tiago Splitter. If we are gonna grind it out, we dont need bigs shooting 3's, we need bigs clogging the lane and on the boards. Duncan has had to stick Gasol just cus of size. That leaves a player like McDyess (old), Bonner (lame), and Blair (Short) trying to guard Randolph. You start Splitter, he has the size to stick Gasol and you can let Timmy guard Randolph. His length might make things a little more difficult for Zach.

Either way, yeah..we ARE a better team than the Grizz. But they are definitely playing better ball right now. And the major part of that is effort. They are out hustling us, out working us, and playing with more intensity. If you dont know that, then you arent watching the games. We knew this was the worst possible matchup for us in the first round (stylewise). But our guys havent brought the intensity at all, and Duncan can only do so much against both bigs.

i guess if i wanna look at it like that, popovich is simply being outcoached....not a good look for someone who's supposed 2 be one of the greatest coaches ever. :-X

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 03:23:10 PM »
honestly its just time for the spurs, how much longer can they keep it up? this is their last legit chance of being a contender.

memphis without gay beating the spurs is a lil bit of a shocker but not too much because htey did it with out gay, but ive been sayin this for the past 2-3 years grizzlies are very good team and they should of been in the playoffs last year, they have depth in basically every position. i liked this team back when warrick was back in the team, i saw their potential.

next year they wont win as many games, they might have to just lolligag through the reg season just to keep their core 3 healthy for the playoffs.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 03:27:28 PM »
God fuckin damnit!!!

Bottom line is, we havent shown up at ALL in this series! Period. They are simply out working us, and want this shit more. They arent more talented at all. Its basically Zach Randolph, Pau's brother, and a buncha god damn no names. We're just playin like gettin the #1 seed was enough to waltz to the finals or some shit. Not to mention, WHY THE FUCK IS BONNER EVER IN THE MUTHAFUCKIN GAME?!!??! Fuck that guy! If Pop wants to put him in, put him in. The second he misses his first three, take his ass out. He's a huge liability. Splitter should have been starting the entire series. He plays decent minutes, especially against a team that lives in the paint like the Grizzlies. I seriously hope this game embarrassed the SHIT outta these guys!

stop makin excuses, we all knew this would happen.....i called it back in november.

What are you talkin about? How is that an excuse? An excuse would be like you bitching about refs, and the league hating your team, etc...etc. I said the Grizzlies are oout working us, and playing more hungry. Doesnt sound like an excuse

u actin like the Spurs are the superior team and are simply just not showin up, when in reality, they're just not as physical as the Grizzlies...it's who they are, not how theyre playing. if they want a shot at takin this serious, they need to man-up and start playin some tough basketball. Memphis is simply playin a tougher brand of basketball, it has nothin to do with the Spurs "not showin up".........i don't ever remember a 1 vs. 8 seed where a lot of people thought the 8th seed had a good chance at winning, and even before the series began, lots of people thought the Grizzlies would give the Spurs a whole lot of trouble........yall are just not THAT good, like your record indicates.

I didnt say the grizzlies arent playing tougher basketball right now. Thats part of wanting it more, and playing hungrier. Part of the problem is, that Pop decided to go with a more high scoring offense during the regular season. Thats fine, cus it wins regular season games. He knows that style doesnt win championships, so he has tried to switch it to a more grinding out style for the playoffs. Thats how we won our championships. The problem is, trying to completely change up your style of play once the playoffs starts is very fuckin difficult. Its even more difficult when you keep giving players like Matt Bonner more PT than Tiago Splitter. If we are gonna grind it out, we dont need bigs shooting 3's, we need bigs clogging the lane and on the boards. Duncan has had to stick Gasol just cus of size. That leaves a player like McDyess (old), Bonner (lame), and Blair (Short) trying to guard Randolph. You start Splitter, he has the size to stick Gasol and you can let Timmy guard Randolph. His length might make things a little more difficult for Zach.

Either way, yeah..we ARE a better team than the Grizz. But they are definitely playing better ball right now. And the major part of that is effort. They are out hustling us, out working us, and playing with more intensity. If you dont know that, then you arent watching the games. We knew this was the worst possible matchup for us in the first round (stylewise). But our guys havent brought the intensity at all, and Duncan can only do so much against both bigs.

i guess if i wanna look at it like that, popovich is simply being outcoached....not a good look for someone who's supposed 2 be one of the greatest coaches ever. :-X

Real shit, I told you man...being a fan isnt simply cheerleading. I have no problem callin out anybody from my team for poor play, or poor coaching. The best coaches have been out coached. The best players have been out played. Pop is one of the best coaches ever. But I dont like some of his rotations as of late. He's being too stubborn about not playing Tiago because he's a rookie.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 03:39:09 PM »
honestly its just time for the spurs, how much longer can they keep it up? this is their last legit chance of being a contender.

memphis without gay beating the spurs is a lil bit of a shocker but not too much because htey did it with out gay, but ive been sayin this for the past 2-3 years grizzlies are very good team and they should of been in the playoffs last year, they have depth in basically every position. i liked this team back when warrick was back in the team, i saw their potential.

next year they wont win as many games, they might have to just lolligag through the reg season just to keep their core 3 healthy for the playoffs.

Memphis has actually played better without Gay. People havent been paying attention to how good they were towards the end of the season.

As for us, yeah Tims career is winding down. Manu as well. But if youve been paying attention, we've actually been rebuilding the last couple of years with a 50 win season, and a 61 win season to show for it. Not bad for rebuilding. We've drafted players who are the next generation for us. Some of them seeing significant time already. Hill will eventually take over for Parker. He has the ability to be a stud in this league. Blair is more of a hustle guy. Tiago, having a year with the team and time to work with Timmy in the off season, will be much improved. James Anderson will take over Manu's spot. His injury at the beginning of the season just really set him back. But he was the best shooter in last years draft and seen as the steal of the draft. Gary Neal I like coming off the bench, instant offense. Role players like Novak and Green I like as well. Also, I really wanna see them get this Ryan Richards kid over from Europe. A 6'11" athletic big that can handle the ball, rebound, block shots, and shoot three's. They need to get him over as soon as possible and start working with some NBA'ers.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 03:49:15 PM »

Memphis has actually played better without Gay. People havent been paying attention to how good they were towards the end of the season.

As for us, yeah Tims career is winding down. Manu as well. But if youve been paying attention, we've actually been rebuilding the last couple of years with a 50 win season, and a 61 win season to show for it. Not bad for rebuilding. We've drafted players who are the next generation for us. Some of them seeing significant time already. Hill will eventually take over for Parker. He has the ability to be a stud in this league. Blair is more of a hustle guy. Tiago, having a year with the team and time to work with Timmy in the off season, will be much improved. James Anderson will take over Manu's spot. His injury at the beginning of the season just really set him back. But he was the best shooter in last years draft and seen as the steal of the draft. Gary Neal I like coming off the bench, instant offense. Role players like Novak and Green I like as well. Also, I really wanna see them get this Ryan Richards kid over from Europe. A 6'11" athletic big that can handle the ball, rebound, block shots, and shoot three's. They need to get him over as soon as possible and start working with some NBA'ers.

i like hill i think he can be more than just a starter in the league, but without a dominant bigman i dont know, because blair and tiago arnt particulalry superstar caliber.

if they get a young deep team thats great, but the spurs need recruit atleast an superstar caliber bigman to replace duncan. imo to compete against all the other bigs in the west.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 04:58:38 PM »

i like hill i think he can be more than just a starter in the league, but without a dominant bigman i dont know, because blair and tiago arnt particulalry superstar caliber.

if they get a young deep team thats great, but the spurs need recruit atleast an superstar caliber bigman to replace duncan. imo to compete against all the other bigs in the west.

I dont see Blair being superstar caliber. More of a role player. Like I said, a hustle guy. Tiago I think has a ton of upside. People here just dont know much about him, and Pop hasnt used him enough to showcase much of him. But in Europe he was a beast. He wont be on Tims level of course, but if used right he can definitely be very very solid. I do think Hill and Anderson can both be very good as well. I dont think they necessarily need a big time superstar to stay one of the top teams. But a couple pieces wouldnt hurt, like a tough nosed, defensive minded big or somethin. Tyson Chandler type.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 06:46:51 PM »

so u got tiago splitter takin' over for tim duncan...george hill takin over for tony parker...and james anderson takin' over for manu ginobli.....LOL. maybe they all improve and become all-stars, but as of now, not a good look, again.

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 06:48:29 PM »

I dont see Blair being superstar caliber. More of a role player. Like I said, a hustle guy. Tiago I think has a ton of upside. People here just dont know much about him, and Pop hasnt used him enough to showcase much of him. But in Europe he was a beast. He wont be on Tims level of course, but if used right he can definitely be very very solid. I do think Hill and Anderson can both be very good as well. I dont think they necessarily need a big time superstar to stay one of the top teams. But a couple pieces wouldnt hurt, like a tough nosed, defensive minded big or somethin. Tyson Chandler type.

what u guys need is a leader ala kobe, not tyson chandler lmao...when ginobli, parker, and duncan retire, who's your franchise player? george hill? lolllll

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 07:02:11 PM »

what u guys need is a leader ala kobe, not tyson chandler lmao...when ginobli, parker, and duncan retire, who's your franchise player? george hill? lolllll

You dont always need to make a monster free agent signing to contend. We got lucky with Robinson and Duncan, but in both instances had to have terrible seasons the year before they got there...to get them. We arent going to be getting a #1 pick anytime soon. So what you do is BUILD an actual team. Not just hope to get a bigtime free agent. Especially in a small market. Its not LA where ownership will just buy them a championship. Smaller markets have to be smarter about their moves cus they have a much harder time landing the bigtime free agents. I didnt say Hill will be a franchise player. I do think if the reigns are taken off Hill a little bit and he is given the opportunity, he could definitely be an all star at some point. Either way, we dont need to go find some superstar right now. As I recall anyways, you guys tried to buy a championship with a HOF lineup....and got crushed by a Detroit Pistons team with no franchise player.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 07:31:11 PM »

You dont always need to make a monster free agent signing to contend. We got lucky with Robinson and Duncan, but in both instances had to have terrible seasons the year before they got there...to get them. We arent going to be getting a #1 pick anytime soon. So what you do is BUILD an actual team. Not just hope to get a bigtime free agent. Especially in a small market. Its not LA where ownership will just buy them a championship. Smaller markets have to be smarter about their moves cus they have a much harder time landing the bigtime free agents. I didnt say Hill will be a franchise player. I do think if the reigns are taken off Hill a little bit and he is given the opportunity, he could definitely be an all star at some point. Either way, we dont need to go find some superstar right now. As I recall anyways, you guys tried to buy a championship with a HOF lineup....and got crushed by a Detroit Pistons team with no franchise player.

and what do the Lakers have anything to do with this? dont start talking about 2003, when u have nothing else...u already do that in tha gspot more than enough.

teecee

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 07:55:56 AM »
Props to daygo for not making excuses.  Memphis str8 outworking spurs

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 09:29:14 AM »
Spurs issues (in no order)

- their style of play doesn't fit the playoffs well : depends on the 3pt shot way too much ... right now its not falling and Grizz are doing a great job at limited SAS attempts ( down 5 a game compared to the regular season)
- Every Spurs big not named TD get badly owned by Z-Bo and Gastrong ... Timmy can't oviously guard both at the same time and he already has some trouble to guard Marc ... yet Splitter barely plays
- Spurs big 3 is struggling offensive wise , TP is not effective which is VERY suprising , Manu hasn't his usual impact and Timmy should be way more agressive and be more of a focal point ( like 1st half of Game 1)
- Pop should have known better from the start of the season ... defense and inside-out game win title (he did 4 times so he knows what it takes) not up-tempo offense ...his love for Matt " I couldn't defend my own shadow but I like shooting threes" Bonner and his deny to develop Splitter through the season is the perfect example

Memphis isn't your usual 8th seed though , outstanding D , they don't give up lots of open looks and are everywhere in the passing lanes ... offensive wise , very good inside-out game.. one of the best 8th seed I've ever seen

I won't count the Spurs out yet ... it's all about Game 6 , the Grizz are expecting to win this series now , it's easier to go up 3-1 as the underdogs than closing out a series especially for a young and unexperienced team ... will see if Memphis can maintain this level of play and handle the pressure... if SAS can keep it close until the 4th quarter , they will be in good shape imo

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 11:10:09 AM »
Spurs issues (in no order)

- their style of play doesn't fit the playoffs well : depends on the 3pt shot way too much ... right now its not falling and Grizz are doing a great job at limited SAS attempts ( down 5 a game compared to the regular season)
- Every Spurs big not named TD get badly owned by Z-Bo and Gastrong ... Timmy can't oviously guard both at the same time and he already has some trouble to guard Marc ... yet Splitter barely plays
- Spurs big 3 is struggling offensive wise , TP is not effective which is VERY suprising , Manu hasn't his usual impact and Timmy should be way more agressive and be more of a focal point ( like 1st half of Game 1)
- Pop should have known better from the start of the season ... defense and inside-out game win title (he did 4 times so he knows what it takes) not up-tempo offense ...his love for Matt " I couldn't defend my own shadow but I like shooting threes" Bonner and his deny to develop Splitter through the season is the perfect example

Memphis isn't your usual 8th seed though , outstanding D , they don't give up lots of open looks and are everywhere in the passing lanes ... offensive wise , very good inside-out game.. one of the best 8th seed I've ever seen

I won't count the Spurs out yet ... it's all about Game 6 , the Grizz are expecting to win this series now , it's easier to go up 3-1 as the underdogs than closing out a series especially for a young and unexperienced team ... will see if Memphis can maintain this level of play and handle the pressure... if SAS can keep it close until the 4th quarter , they will be in good shape imo

I agree with almost all of that. I know POP knows that an explosive offense, dependant on 3's will not win titles. But it does win regular season games. So I was always hoping that when playoff time came around they would revert back to their old style. In a way they have, but trying to completely change what your doing IN the playoffs is hard. Not to mention, the only way changing to a more grinding style against two bigs...is to PLAY Splitter more.

Either way, If we can win game 5. Game 6 will be back in Memphis. If that game is close in the 4th, Memphis might start to feel the pressure. They do NOT want to come back to SA for a game 7. But we'll see tonight.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 04:45:21 PM »
hahahaha so glad spurs are gonna be out (hopefully tonight) and my man HADDADI on this historic grizzlies team is just icing on the cake  8)

OKC - GRIZZLIES should be a great series, but i think OKC will take it in 7

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 06:08:40 PM »
Take Bonner out the fuckin game!! Muthafucka cant shoot during the playoffs!