Author Topic: MJ was suppose to do vocal's on Pac's Letter to my Unborn Child!!!  (Read 334 times)

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
"Letter 2 My Unborn"†   Channette Higgens
Channoah Higgens
Johnny Jackson
Michael Jackson
Tupac Shakur   
Originally written for Tupac Shakur with Michael Jackson on background vocals.
It is unknown whether or not the song was recorded

got this off wikipedia.....MJ's unreleased songs list....I had no clue..... 8)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Plumma25

• 'G'
Re: MJ was suppose to do vocal's on Pac's Letter to my Unborn Child!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:37:26 PM »
I don't think this is the case for this song.  Johnny J remixed it with a sample from Michael Jackson's Liberian Girl for the album Until The End Of Time.  I don't think 2Pac or MJ ever intended on working together on Letter To My Unborn.  I could be wrong but I highly doubt it.  Don't trust Wikipedia.  Anybody can edit that shit.

There is no doubt in my mind though, that MJ would have worked with 2Pac had he not died so early.  MJ worked with LL Cool J, Biggie and a slew of other rappers and with Pac's connections with Quincy Jones, I think had Pac lived we may have seen a collaboration eventually.
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

Mietek23

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:58:04 PM »
There were plans to put MJ on "Niggaz Nature" - not "Letter 2 My Unborn". Plus the UTEOT version wasen't produced by Johnny 'J' - Trackmasters did that remix.

Plumma25

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:02:03 PM »
That's right.  Trackmasters did do that remix, Johnny J produced the original.  I like both versions though the UTEOT version is my depressing/dark.  The original seems more upbeat.  That is one song that I don't mind either way (can't say that about too many remixed songs).

MJ on Niggaz Nature would have been pretty nice.  None of the released versions had all that great of hooks.  Lil Mo's version was unlistenable.
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 02:26:59 PM »
he was also featured on the original version of cube's child support