Author Topic: Why did Xzibit fall off so bad?  (Read 1977 times)

Okka

Re: Why did Xzibit fall off so bad?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 06:57:32 AM »
Lets be honest, how was he ever going to match what happened on Restless. You had Dre's backing (which is kind of crazy because Dre never gets projects out) and all that star power.

Well, he tried for sure. "Man Vs. Machine" had Dre as the executive producer and he mixed 7 songs, but only produced 2 of them. "MVM" was a real weak album compared to "Restless" though. I think they should've made "Losin Your Mind" as the first single IMO. I think at that time Xzibit and Snoop Dogg wasn't gettin' along though so they could've not made a video for it. I'm not sure how much the album sold, but i'm sure it didn't sell as much as "Restless" did so i guess it was considered and that's probably why Dr. Dre stopped fuckin' with Xzibit or maybe Jimmy Iovine told him to start workin' with other artists or somethin' like that.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 07:06:14 AM »
I like how any conversation about Dr. Dre working with another artists basically develops into Jimmy Iovine being a pimp and Dr. Dre is his ho.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Okka

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 07:12:14 AM »
I like how any conversation about Dr. Dre working with another artists basically develops into Jimmy Iovine being a pimp and Dr. Dre is his ho.

Hahah, it's probably like that though.

kuruptlon

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 07:27:19 AM »
This is kinda like the whole Cube doing movies arguement but actually there are many examples of ehh Cube tracks.

Outside of maybe Concentrate, name me some tracks that Xzibit has fell the fuck off on because I am not seeing it. If anything he is just not as active with projects as he used to be. Pimp My Ride does not have shit to do with lyrics.

I never said it did. I just said it changed the way I looked at him. Its alright if his stint on Pimp My Ride had no effect on you. It just looked like a sellout move to me.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 08:07:50 AM »
i jam all of his shit still today

dont see where he fell off

he got better lyrically each album..

his 1st two albums shitted on restless

sound wise restless was his most commercial album n i think he didnt need dre or quik...out of all his albums i hated that one

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 08:17:05 AM »
i jam all of his shit still today

dont see where he fell off

he got better lyrically each album..

his 1st two albums shitted on restless

sound wise restless was his most commercial album n i think he didnt need dre or quik...out of all his albums i hated that one

Agreed. Weapons Of Mass Destruction was a personal classic.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 09:04:51 AM »
 I think his albums fell off but i never heard "full circle". That "phenom" track is SICK!

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 09:19:18 AM »
Lets be honest, how was he ever going to match what happened on Restless. You had Dre's backing (which is kind of crazy because Dre never gets projects out) and all that star power.

Well, he tried for sure. "Man Vs. Machine" had Dre as the executive producer and he mixed 7 songs, but only produced 2 of them. "MVM" was a real weak album compared to "Restless" though. I think they should've made "Losin Your Mind" as the first single IMO. I think at that time Xzibit and Snoop Dogg wasn't gettin' along though so they could've not made a video for it. I'm not sure how much the album sold, but i'm sure it didn't sell as much as "Restless" did so i guess it was considered and that's probably why Dr. Dre stopped fuckin' with Xzibit or maybe Jimmy Iovine told him to start workin' with other artists or somethin' like that.
You need to bring back the Dre's vision of Aftermath in early 2000s. He wanted to make a label that drops tons of dope artists with classic albums (according to Dre's interviews).. He signed too many artists, and it just fell off. Dre didnt have time for X.

Restless was a dope classic west coast record, thats why people in here love it so much (including me). After Restless, his albums werent bad, but to be as dope as X can be on many classic records, he needs some directions. He always spits dope, but he needs some great producer to work with him, to make a classic effect.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 09:25:52 AM »

You need to bring back the Dre's vision of Aftermath in early 2000s. He wanted to make a label that drops tons of dope artists with classic albums (according to Dre's interviews).. He signed too many artists, and it just fell off. Dre didnt have time for X.

Restless was a dope classic west coast record, thats why people in here love it so much (including me). After Restless, his albums werent bad, but to be as dope as X can be on many classic records, he needs some directions. He always spits dope, but he needs some great producer to work with him, to make a classic effect.

True. I think for that kind of album (Restless) absolutely X needed that Dre touch and direction for it. For me I always felt like E-Swift and the Alkaholiks don't get much credit in the musical direction for Xzibit early in his career because for the first 2 albums they were instrumental in the sound of it. Another producer that I think would bring the best out of X is Muggs on a executive producer tip.

The_Offence

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 09:31:20 AM »
xzibit was never a dope rapper. in the past he had a solid team around him & dope production, thats what carried him. but no that those niggaz are not fucking with him anymore his weaknesses are being exposed.niggaz like dre,Sir Jinx,   Rockwilder & Erick Sermon made xzbit stand out.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:37:19 AM by The_Offence »

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 10:02:53 AM »

he does not need great producers...his 1st albums r classic nobody on either of em were great imo

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 10:34:51 AM »
This is kinda like the whole Cube doing movies arguement but actually there are many examples of ehh Cube tracks.

Outside of maybe Concentrate, name me some tracks that Xzibit has fell the fuck off on because I am not seeing it. If anything he is just not as active with projects as he used to be. Pimp My Ride does not have shit to do with lyrics.
his new songs with young de

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 11:24:34 AM »

he does not need great producers...his 1st albums r classic nobody on either of em were great imo
Oh, that dont have to be a rule.. he could've made a dope album himself, his first album had that underground vibe that he sounded good on, but look at his later work - what was missing?

D-TalkX

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 11:46:46 AM »
Pimp My Ride hurt his image immensely. When he got bottled he was out of commission for a while too and by then it all drifted away.

Portugoal

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 11:48:38 AM »
Pimp My Ride hurt his image immensely

???