Author Topic: Book of David sell 9,700 in debut week, damn  (Read 1401 times)

papa-smurf

Re: Book of David sell 9,700 in debut week, damn
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2011, 01:09:56 PM »
quik 100% independent.he prbley get like 7$ a record.other mainstream artist get 35 cent a record.so quik getting about the same amount or more money off of  selling 10,000 then a mainstream artist that sell 100,000.so thats good 4 quik

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2011, 01:11:47 PM »

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2011, 01:15:53 PM »
Regarding the West as a whole. It's pretty obvious why alot of WC cats can't sell.

One of the biggest reasons are the fans. They're too split up. I mean Cali alone got what, 37 million ppl?

Half of the fans euros are too stuck in the old times. Don't accept anything unless it's directly related to something from the old days (like most of the rappers we have now are directly linked to the NWA family tree). It's always a comparison to the old. I mean here's Nipsey who everybody loved one day, he says "Fuck a Detox" and then all of a sudden it's "Fuck Nipsey he's wack anyways". Basically they're all nostalgia critics.

Fixed. You're delusional if you think any worthwhile percentage of California rap fans care about either the old west or the new west.

I wonder if there's any worthwile percentage of Cali locals who care about euros as much as you do...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2011, 01:21:13 PM »
Regarding the West as a whole. It's pretty obvious why alot of WC cats can't sell.

One of the biggest reasons are the fans. They're too split up. I mean Cali alone got what, 37 million ppl?

Half of the fans euros are too stuck in the old times. Don't accept anything unless it's directly related to something from the old days (like most of the rappers we have now are directly linked to the NWA family tree). It's always a comparison to the old. I mean here's Nipsey who everybody loved one day, he says "Fuck a Detox" and then all of a sudden it's "Fuck Nipsey he's wack anyways". Basically they're all nostalgia critics.

Fixed. You're delusional if you think any worthwhile percentage of California rap fans care about either the old west or the new west.

I wonder if there's any worthwile percentage of Cali locals who care about euros as much as you do...

Since they aren't on this website I doubt it.

dnjp4life

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2011, 06:19:28 AM »
These are low numbers no matter how much you try to dress it up, but really it's to be expected.  I doubt many outside of California would have bought the album, ans those who did are on here!

It's frustrating really, because Quik could be much bigger than he is.  For example, 'Do Today' could easily be a hit on the charts since it's catchy and has that cross-over appeal that most people could get down with.  I have no doubt that if more people knew about DJ Quik's music, then he'd have no trouble getting a hit-record out there.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2011, 06:22:28 AM »
Sales don't & never will mean anything.
This. You muthafukaz on here get too caught up on numbers and shit.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2011, 08:12:07 AM »
Sales don't & never will mean anything.

They only do when the artist themselves make it important. I get a laugh when rappers who are whores for the mainstream (*cough* Game) end up failing. I have more respect for those who just put their shit out trying to make great music.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2011, 09:36:15 AM »
These are low numbers no matter how much you try to dress it up, but really it's to be expected.  I doubt many outside of California would have bought the album, ans those who did are on here!

It's frustrating really, because Quik could be much bigger than he is.  For example, 'Do Today' could easily be a hit on the charts since it's catchy and has that cross-over appeal that most people could get down with.  I have no doubt that if more people knew about DJ Quik's music, then he'd have no trouble getting a hit-record out there.
i don't see the problem, he does what he loves to do & there's people who like his music

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2011, 09:53:59 AM »

i don't see the problem, he does what he loves to do & there's people who like his music

True, and he has a pretty big following for an underground artist and gets a lot of respect. But still, "Do Today" would've made a MUCH better single than "Luv of my Life".