Poll

Which album is better in your opinion?

Bow Down
28 (38.9%)
Dogg Food
44 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Bow Down or Dogg Food  (Read 943 times)

Okka

Re: Bow Down or Dogg Food
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 03:41:28 AM »
I wanted to see which album is more loved here because these are two albums that always get mad love on DubCC.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:47:36 AM by Okka »

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 03:55:35 AM »
back in the days when i lived with my friends we used to bump Bow Down all day everyday. That never happened with Dogg Food (except few joints)... so you know my answer...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 05:16:44 AM »
Bow Down easily. Dogg Food is overrated. Decent album but it gets too much hype for capitalizing off of Doggystyle and The Chronic.
sure, but bow down is overrated too

No its not.

doggfather

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 05:26:20 AM »
Bow Down easily. Dogg Food is overrated. Decent album but it gets too much hype for capitalizing off of Doggystyle and The Chronic.

No its not.

+1
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2011, 05:57:17 AM »

No its not.
lol, you're always saying that gangsta rap gets too much praise on here, but now you're flip flopping?

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 06:07:18 AM »
at first i couldnt decide...but after thinking about it for like 10 mins..ive realized im going with bow down...

dogg food is classic g-funk..bow down is a harcore pure west coast hip hop album..

it ultimately came down to not skipping one track on bow down..while dogg food had some fillers i couldve done without...ie: if we all fucc, so much style, do what i feel, one by one..

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 06:36:26 AM »

No its not.
lol, you're always saying that gangsta rap gets too much praise on here, but now you're flip flopping?

How is that flip flopping? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur

The fact this forum is only interested in west coast gangsta rap doesn't affect the quality of the music. If you only listen to gangsta rap it doesn't mean some of those albums aren't classics. It says more about you and your limited music taste than it does about the music.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 06:55:42 AM »
Bow Down when it first came out I was not sure if WSC could carry a whole album being that they only had 2 songs previously done together but for a debut group album they did they thing. One of the best pure gangsta rap albums of all time IMO. Now as far as duos, DPG you don't get much better than that. I love both fuck it  ;D

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 07:10:48 AM »
Dogg Food. Both classics tho. Bow Down was harder and meaner but gets trumped by that classic death row sound with Dre and Daz in their prime and nobody in WSCG was fuckin wit Kurupt lyrically back then. Neither album was overrated so niggas need to shut up wit that shit.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Mietek23

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 08:35:17 AM »
Both a personal classics but I'm going to say Dogg Food  ;)

The Predator

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 09:04:42 AM »
Bow Down was the last great album from Cube.

Dogg Food was the only great album from the DPG.

From them albums , beat wise you can call it a match. Lyrically Ice Cube cant be tested.

''Nigga rewind my part and....(Bow Down)'' - Ice.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2011, 09:38:28 AM »
Bow Down

kemizt

B.A.

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2011, 11:49:21 AM »
I love both these albums, it's really close. Dogg Food has some great production (smooth classic Death Row sound) and Bow Down has more of a hardcore gangter sound to it which is dope. I think Bow Down is a little bit tighter consistency wise because it's shorter. I think the first 3/4 of Dogg Food is perfect but when tracks like "If We All Fuck" and the next track "Bomb Ass Pussy" come in the flow of the album gets thrown off; I always skip both these tracks. Doog Food should have gone from "Do What I Feel" straight into "A Doggz Day Afternoon" and it would have sounded better overall; more tracks don't always make for a better album. Bow Down is shorter but doesn't have any tracks that I have to skip so for that I say Bow Down is better but both are classics.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

B.A.

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »
it ultimately came down to not skipping one track on bow down..while dogg food had some fillers i couldve done without...ie: if we all fucc, so much style, do what i feel, one by one..

"So Much Style", "Do What I Feel" and "One By One" aren't bad songs (better than "If We All Fuck" and "Bomb Ass Pussy") but definitaly not as good as any of the tracks from the first half of the album or "A Doggz Day Afternoon" and "Reality". If Dogg Food wouldn't have had these tracks and been just a 11 - 12 track album (and maybe include the original "Big Pimpin'" from the Above The Rim soundtrack instead of "Big Pimpin' 2") it would be full of nothing but classics and better than Bow Down for sure.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 12:21:36 PM »
imma pick Bow Down