Author Topic: Bud'da HipHopDX interview PT. 2(Ice Cube/Dr. Dre/Westside Connection/West Coast)  (Read 157 times)

Chad

Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
thanks.

HipHopDX: So on that first Aftermath compilation, [Dr. Dre Presents … The Aftermath], you were down, so was Stu-B-Doo, and Mel-Man was in the mix, but where was Sam? When I spoke to Sam, he said Dre basically ignored his inquiries about what Dre was gonna do post-Death Row [Records] and so Sam went back to Pittsburgh.

Bud’da: That was a grey area during that time. We was all out here trying to make it happen when the Death Row thing happened. It got really weird all the way around the board in regards to threats and all type of other stuff. So, Dre was playin’ it on the low…And when he decided to do what he did, the reasoning I got behind it was that Sam was still in his Death Row contract. And for the most part – I’m only assuming – Dre didn’t want to – being that he was leaving that situation – I guess he didn’t wanna put himself even more on the line to try to fight for Sam, even though they had been through a whole bunch. … So that was my [understanding] on why Sam didn’t transition [to Aftermath]. To my knowledge, they was good friends before [me, Mel and Stu] even all came out [to Los Angeles]. 
that's what i think too.

doggfather

thx for the 2nd part.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ