Author Topic: Muhammd ali Vs bruce lee.  (Read 510 times)

verbalassaulta

Re:Muhammd ali Vs bruce lee.
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2003, 10:08:36 AM »
one on one ali wouldnt defeat lennox lewis let alone bruce lee

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2003, 11:00:28 AM »
bruce lee.. in boxing ali might have the edge, but outside those rules bruce has the edge.
just remembered...

make mine "muhammad i'm hard bruce lee" hehe

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2003, 01:44:37 PM »
one on one ali wouldnt defeat lennox lewis let alone bruce lee

Hold up. Ali was by far the greatest boxer, with the most heart anyone ever seens, and a great chin. Lewis wouldn't have a chance against Ali. I see Bruce Lee, martial arts is a bitch to even try to beat, but any other boxer in the world, hell no. Ali was the fastest heavyweight, as fast as a welterweight, and he always controlled the ring against anyone. Ali vs. Bruce Lee... well that's two different fighting styles and Ali might not hang, Ali vs. Lewis, that's not even a fight.

verbalassaulta

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2003, 07:27:40 PM »
ali was the most overrated athlete in history(sports illustrated even had an article on this).....i watch tons of talk sports so this just isnt my opinion...recently boxing experts(max kellerman of fri night fights on espn)...said lewis would beat ali(one on one...not comparing careers if they could be in the ring)...mainly because of his size(he is 6'6" 260)...and ali was much much smaller...but really ali lost a lot of fights you may forget...im not degrading him in any way...he was great...but most people believe he was the greatest partly because he was very voicey on a lot of important politcal issues in his time(the draft)...but in cashes clays defense...its not really fair to compare era's in any sport...the athletes today are just flat out bigger, stronger and faster than 30-40 years ago
« Last Edit: January 13, 2003, 07:30:10 PM by verbalassaulta »

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2003, 08:35:24 PM »
It's like this.  

Ali was the greatest boxer of all time.  

With that said, Bruce Lee would KILL muhammad ali in any type of fight.

Yall are all youngun's, do you really know anything about Ali, or do you just like his pictures? Muhammad Ali had a wrestling exibition one time, against a wrestler in Japan.  the guy destroyed Ali, totally embarrassed him.  Ali (my favorite of all time) was running his mouth like usual, and when he got in the ring, the guy wiped up the mat with him.  

Bruce Lee would DESTROY him, no chance.  Chuck Norris kicks harder than Ali could ever punch, and Bruce Lee would destroy (and did) Chuck Norris.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2003, 08:36:33 PM »
Oh, and verbalassaulta, there's no way any boxer today would beat Muhammad ali.  Lennox Lewis doesn't deserve to hold Ali's belt.  Peace~

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2003, 09:28:55 PM »
Muhammad Ali had a wrestling exibition one time, against a wrestler in Japan.  the guy destroyed Ali, totally embarrassed him.  Ali (my favorite of all time) was running his mouth like usual, and when he got in the ring, the guy wiped up the mat with him.  

Did Ali throw any punches at him or try to wrestle?

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2003, 09:52:11 PM »
Here's an account I found on the Net of it, it was supposed to be all fake, ended up a shoot, and they didn't let the guy beat Ali (it was a 15 round draw), and the guy complained nonstop about how bad it looked since he wasn't really allowed to whip ali's ass.

(July 11, 1976)

The Ali fiasco was carefully staged. The main concern was to not injure Ali, causing Inoki to complain that by the rules and this concern there was damn little that he could do to make it look good. The clumsy Ali could not even avoid the baby-like kicks of Inoki, and the fact that he still suffered some minor injuries is evidence of Ali’s relative lack of combative skill. Anyway, the upshot is that Ali is laughing at the public for he made some money by doing nothing, though not as much as he hoped. I think he should be barred from boxing for participating in such a vast con job. Inoki is probably finished here in Japan for the obvious fix and there is a lot of static still being heard.  

By the way, the Budokan (venue) janitorial people took almost a full day to clean up the garbage that was hurled at the two "combatants" as the result of their lousy performance. The whole thing was disgusting!  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not Ali's most flattering picture

---------------------------------------------------------------------

They said he kept kicking ali in the leg, because they banned most of the moves he could do.  Ali hardly hit him, and the kick that he kept doing OVER AND OVER again on ali was called "Sliding Kick" and after the match, they renamed it "Ali Kick".  Ali ended up in the hospital because his leg was bruised so badly, just from 1 move the guy was limited to.  To Ali's credit, it's hard to punch somebody that keeps kicking you in the legs.  They said he only hit him 6 times in the  match; the promoter wanted to script it, like a regular wrestling match, but Ali thought it would be cheating the fans, so they decided to do a shoot fight... Ali ended up having to have surgery to remove bloodclots on his legs from all the beating.  

Now, imagine if it was Bruce Lee, allowed to do whatever.  He'd literally hand Ali his ass.  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2003, 09:52:46 PM by E.Trauma »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2003, 10:32:31 PM »
Ali was already like 34 or 35. Ali in his speed days would have done better. Who knows, and he had gloves for boxing. But anyways, he still the G.O.A.T. of boxing, any other shit is just too diverse, and is really hard to handle.

As for Ali's loses, how many of them came before he was 32, non. Ali was smaller yes, but he was just that damn great. Ali was small, even for his era. Ali though was as fast as a welterweight, and Lewis is known to lose to smaller fighters, (Oliver McCall). 4 of the 5 Ali loses came when Ali was already finished, and 2 of them after he was showing signs of Parkinson's Disease. Ali was a hero of mine, I watched a bunch of ESPN Classics on Ali, read old Sports Illistrates in the library from 1964 when he first shocked the world, to 1980 when he had lost trying to gain the heavyweight title for a 4th time. Ali was greatness, and in his prime, no one dominated fighter like him. No fighter would in the middle of the ring, beat a man, then yell what's my name well dropping his guard. Ali was not the biggest, never was, but in boxing, his just that damn great. Lewis has a suspect chin, Tyson has a suspect mind, Ali just got old, and didn't know when to hang it up. In the end, he lost more than any other boxer in history, but he had more to lose, because he was the greatest, fast, heavyweight, and don't forget pretty... LOL

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2003, 12:47:52 AM »
Like I said, Ali's easy the greatest boxer.  But he's not the greatest fighter, Bruce Lee was a bad man.  

And btw, he may have been 34 or 25, but he was the heavyweight champion of the world at the time, and had just beaten George Forman, the culminating moment of his career.  So I wouldn't call him over the hill.  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 12:48:50 AM by E.Trauma »

verbalassaulta

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2003, 01:40:56 PM »
apparently some of you must not know your boxing that well...ok ali was great....but boxing doesnt have the mass appeal it did then...a boxing back then (20-40 years ago) was like the nfl today...huge....so it got way more coverage...and how do you put ali ahead of rocky marciano or even joe loius????  comparing careers(not a one on one figth) ali's career wasnt as great as either...if boxing had the appeal today as it did then we would be talking about evander holyfeild like ali...very similar careers...both had a lot of classic fights...won the title 3 times...ali is just sooo overrated...he was great..kinda invented trash talking in sports...top 5 boxer ...no way number one though...and one on one...lewis is just flat out too big and strong for ali(20 pounds bigger than foreman when he fought ali)...and technically lewis is way better than any big fighter than i can think of...he would make short work of ali

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2003, 03:10:16 PM »
umm.... no.

You forget that nowadays no one was nearly as fast as Ali. The man was fast, his hand speed was unmatched, and I think most regonize him as the greatest. Also, Foreman at his old age defeated plenty of current fighters, and he wasn't even half of what he was. Fighting isn't just about size, as Ali was never the biggest, as stated before. Heart, a chin, and the overall willingness to be the greatest ever, that's what makes a fighter. Chris Byrd, and Evander Holyfield seemed to fit into the current scheme, as Christ Byrd can beat many fighters today. Remember, his smaller, and we'll see how Roy Jones Jr. can fight too. And Ali was 6'3", so if need be, in todays world, he had lots of frame to bulk up, so that he can obsorb more punches, and add more power to his extremly fast punches and add leg straigth so he can still dance like no other. Don't hate on Ali just because a few "experts" tell you something. Study the film, and do your own research, because I study fights, and trust me, I've had Ali on my Avatar for over a year for a reason. Ali was too graceful, before being suspended from boxing, he was undefeated, beat ever great challenger, and when it was Frasier's turn, he got suspended, but fought him 3 times later, even though Frasier was in his prime, and Ali wasn't half of what he was, Ali was still great, and he still had classic wars. Before his suspension, the only career that was close was Mike Tyson before jail, a unstoppable fury of fast fist that no one knew how to counter, only this one can also dance, was very ring smart, and trickier. Ali vs. Lewis, I say Ali in 7, Lewis doesn't last well in long fights and his chin is alway suspect.

verbalassaulta

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2003, 04:17:34 PM »
i have watched lots of his fights(many of wich he lost)...and i was just citing professionals who cover boxing for a living and if they work for espn they would most likely know what they are talking about...and when i read the sports illustrated article several years ago it opened my mind to truth..he's the one of the most overrated athletes in history....you just cant compare athletes of the past to the ones of present....and ali was one of the biggest in his era...a lot bigger than say joe frazier...and tyson in his prime would make short work of ali.( the tyson of the 80's)...like michael spinks who happens to be very similar to ali...and lewis..you dont think lewis has tremendous hand speed for a man his size...and his jab would just make it too difficult for ali...and his size...and his chin isnt as bad as you are making it...besides ali didnt have tremendous punching power of some boxers today

Jome

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2003, 07:08:44 PM »
Aight people, I just came into the thread to tell you that this argument is hella gay.
What's next? Mike Tyson vs. Batman?  ::)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2003, 09:31:16 PM »
Aight people, I just came into the thread to tell you that this argument is hella gay.
What's next? Mike Tyson vs. Batman?  ::)

LOL... that's why it's no longer Ali vs. Bruce Lee... can't compare, and it's more Ali vs. boxing history.

Anyways, if Ali was in this era, his still faster, and smarter than any other fighter now. I know about fighting, and I know the experts, and I've only heard one expert say that Ali is overrated, but actually said his the only fighter in history that can beat Lewis, because everyone else is too small, and Ali would beat him based on will. Fool, I read the experts, but I watch my own shit, because I love the sport, and I love watching Ali box. No one like him, and he would beat a young Mike Tyson, as Tyson is not that big, and was smaller when he was younger actually. Ali was the only one to match Tyson's speed. A lot can be done at heavyweight at 6'3". But I know your experts, I listen to them too, and they said with the exception of Ali, most old school fighters don't have a chance today. I've read a lot of shit, and I never read the Ali overrated thing, but if that's the case, everyone has critics, hell, some people say 2Pac is overrated, so is Biggie, so is the '72 Dolphins, the '76 Raiders, the '80's Lakers, even Michael Jordan, and shit. People have haters, and if you listen to them, that's fine, but Ali is regonized for a reason as the greatest boxer of all time, and it was more than his mouth, it was his heart in the ring, his ring smarts, and his youth speed. People didn't look at Ali until he was older because before he was the most hated, but look at Ali young, and tell me who could eve beat a man faster than Tyson, with a knockout punch most powerful. And also, I've seen Tyson himself knockout people Lewis's size at will, so don't give me that size shit.