1 (25%)
he has no idea how to win when it counts
1 (25%)
mike bibby is fucking his mom
1 (25%)
he's not a natural born leader
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: LeBron James clutch moments  (Read 1835 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: LeBron James clutch moments
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 12:36:38 AM »
No players are CLUTCH as in automatic; Kobe has had many clutch moments, and I disagree with Cham that someone can't be clutch.  However, Kobe isn't as clutch as his rep, and Lebron isn't as unclutch as his rep. 

when has lebron been clutch? and im talking about when it counts  to get home court, possible future match ups with veteran teams in the regular seasons and making a statement,

and of course the playoffs,

yea he got that what? game winner against orlando and lost the series.

man kobe does so much more than those highlights, he brings the tempo and even many other games he puts it down on the stretch and its over looked always because it was a blow out or something of that sort.

and this lost this post season, every game he basically made 6-10 points down the stretch and NOBODY CAN PRODUCE AFTER THAT? imo bynum should of got the more PT cuz it was obvious he was hungry

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 08:51:44 AM »
No players are CLUTCH as in automatic; Kobe has had many clutch moments, and I disagree with Cham that someone can't be clutch.  However, Kobe isn't as clutch as his rep, and Lebron isn't as unclutch as his rep. 

when has lebron been clutch? and im talking about when it counts  to get home court, possible future match ups with veteran teams in the regular seasons and making a statement,

and of course the playoffs,

yea he got that what? game winner against orlando and lost the series.

man kobe does so much more than those highlights, he brings the tempo and even many other games he puts it down on the stretch and its over looked always because it was a blow out or something of that sort.

and this lost this post season, every game he basically made 6-10 points down the stretch and NOBODY CAN PRODUCE AFTER THAT? imo bynum should of got the more PT cuz it was obvious he was hungry

This is all based on your memory. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 09:17:02 AM »
When he missed the game winner vs. Mavs you all just turned & said, "He's hit so many, he's gotta miss some". All selective memory.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 10:28:04 AM »
That's basically it. If you just look at statistics, hardly any player (and no stars) are as good in crunch time as they are overall. The problem is any extra effort put in is usually negated by the fact that the defense against you is also stepping it up. Especially if you're the star player.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 10:33:11 AM »
The only true thing about it is, that there are indeed niggas who is scurred and nervous n shit and fuck shit up. Then there's also niggas with a god complex who always want to be the hero and do crazy things because of it and fuck shit up. But noone performs better because it's important, unless he a lazy nigga who is coastin' normally, ya dig?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 12:23:24 PM »
^lol...i love how you talk like e40 from germany

anyways...jordan missed many, MANY clutch shots throughout his career, but also unfairly gets labeled a "God"...in fact, anyone remember Jordan's commercial where he says he missed 29 game winners or some other shit like that? Jordan=most overrated of all time, but that goes without sayin.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 01:20:04 PM »

anyways...jordan missed many, MANY clutch shots throughout his career, but also unfairly gets labeled a "God"...in fact, anyone remember Jordan's commercial where he says he missed 29 game winners or some other shit like that? Jordan=most overrated of all time, but that goes without sayin.

Every person that is more statistical oriented would also dismiss Jordan as a clutch "God" unless there is overwhelming proof that he did.  There isn't for current players, so I doubt there was some for when Jordan was around. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 01:51:41 PM »

you do realize I do it for personal fun, not because I think it gives me the rep of a black gangsta, right?

Jordan was a hero in the past and the past's heroes always get glorified, especially if they even were glorified during their present. he still was a real nigga, though. also an ass. still is.

it's normal to miss a lot of shots. every basketball player does. when you take a lot of game winners, you will miss many game winners. you will also make many. it's really not that exciting. dirk has had a lot of clutch plays during the regular season throughout the last years, and is statistically one of the best clutch performers. yet everybody labels him a choker, because he missed that FT against the Heat and sucked ass against golden state in 2007. now that his team is finally winning, people call him one of the best 25 nba players of all time and the greatest white player since bird. it is what it is. he's been this good for years, it's just that nobody cared and now they do because the mavs swept the lakers and shit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

teecee

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 05:16:38 PM »

Mj missed a lot but had so many great clutch moments; dude really was a killer and 6 MVPs in six finals, including a chip winning shit attest to that.  It's like I said, Kobe ain't as clutch as he's said to be, and Jordan likely wasn't either. But he's still ahead of Kobe, and kobes recent showing in the playoffs show that

teecee

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 05:27:48 PM »
Was Loon3y watching this years playoffs? Th second round? The all important game three? The elimination game?

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 06:44:08 PM »

Mj missed a lot but had so many great clutch moments; dude really was a killer and 6 MVPs in six finals, including a chip winning shit attest to that.  It's like I said, Kobe ain't as clutch as he's said to be, and Jordan likely wasn't either. But he's still ahead of Kobe, and kobes recent showing in the playoffs show that

actually, kobe was the only player on the lakers who performed well and played his part in the dallas series...it is not as easy 2 be clutch when u have no help. one missed 3 to win the game doesn't take away from his clutchness, when he was the only good player on the floor for the lakers all game long. like u guys said, u miss some, u make some, but how many u make and how many u miss is NOT the way to define clutchness...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 06:57:16 PM »
^Since how many you make or miss doesn't matter, in my opinion Shawn Bradley is the most clutch player in NBA history. He just has that look, has the heart & I'm declaring him the clutchest of them all.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 06:59:27 PM »
it is not as easy 2 be clutch when u have no help.

LOL, hahahahahaha LOL.

Tell me about it, man. When you got streaky shooters like Mo Williams & chuckers like Donyell Marshall, it's tough to be clutch.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 07:08:40 PM »
Was Loon3y watching this years playoffs? Th second round? The all important game three? The elimination game?

yes i was begging for either game 3 or 4 where kobe just shoots every possesion because they others weren't cutting it. kobe scores 3-5 fgs down the stretch passes it to ron artest fucks it up and  were down by 15, same think if gasol was in artests position.

or they should of adjusted to a kobe/bynum tandem, because they were the only ones producing

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2011, 07:22:02 PM »
it is not as easy 2 be clutch when u have no help.

LOL, hahahahahaha LOL.

Tell me about it, man. When you got streaky shooters like Mo Williams & chuckers like Donyell Marshall, it's tough to be clutch.

u cant use that excuse 9 years straight LOL