Author Topic: Lil Wayne MTV Unplugged coming in June  (Read 332 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lil Wayne MTV Unplugged coming in June
« on: May 14, 2011, 12:13:28 AM »
Went to the taping Thursday night at Sony Studios in Culver City. MTV asked me not to talk about the details of the show until it gets closer to the airing, but I will say that Wayne did a hell of a job. Review will be up in a few weeks. Here's a pic of the set before the show started. I wish I had better pics but they kept a good lid on camera control.

SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lil Wayne MTV Unplugged coming in June
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 01:02:51 AM »
now thats the kind of "rock" shit i would like to hear from him
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:33:47 AM »
Props for the info ! Sounds promising.

GSmith

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 09:46:32 AM »
Wow u were u very far. I was on the right rail and it was unreal being so close to him. Still haven't taken off the wrist bands lol.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 11:45:39 AM »
lol this is the stupidest fucking thing i ever heard.

it was pretty dumb when jayz did it but at least there were 2 good songs. wayne? get the fuck out of here this is some dumb ass shit. and yes im a wayne fan, although maybe not since around carter 3, so dont give me any "hater" shit. this is a straight up stupid idea

GSmith

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 12:24:18 PM »

it was pretty dumb when jayz did it but at least there were 2 good songs. wayne? get the fuck out of here this is some dumb ass shit. and yes im a wayne fan, although maybe not since around carter 3, so dont give me any "hater" shit. this is a straight up stupid idea

It was actually a really good show and he did play a few songs from before carter 3. I never seen another unplugged but i assumed it was all acoustic but they used a lot of electric interments in this one.

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »
I LOVE LIVE MUSIC WITH REAL INSTRUMENTS. 8)

I'm not the biggest fan of Wayne but I respect his sound, I can't wait to get this on CD. I got Alicia Keys Unplugged and its alright, If you havent got Erykah Badu LIVE then your missing out (its NOT mtv Unplgd).

also, Dude isnt far at all only the bitches and hoes should be concerned how close they get to dudes proactivity. I go to Rock concerts all the time and half the time I'm not even looking at the performer's, its the music I pay for....this guys bragging about seeing the bulge in Wayne's skinny jeans.....fuck outta hear....LMAO 8) just fucking with you dont trip homie. my lady said "its a tube sock, Huh" !!?
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 01:12:06 PM »
Jigga's Unplugged was dope as hell. Let's hope this is too.

kemizt

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 02:06:23 PM »
Wow u were u very far. I was on the right rail and it was unreal being so close to him. Still haven't taken off the wrist bands lol.

I was in the press section....where he walked thru to open the show. It was still close enough to see everything good. That pic is from a phone camera. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 06:01:46 PM »

why is it a stupid idea to involve live instrumentation to a rap show?

With all of the bullshit wayne pulls I think this is actually a good idea.

U can't compare Jay-z doing this and it sucking to what wayne's might sound like, totally different artists.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:11:38 PM by Russell Bell »

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 10:46:07 AM »

U can't compare Jay-z doing this and it sucking to what wayne's might sound like, totally different artists.

actually its fairly easy to compare the two, they are both rappers. it doesnt matter what rapper i pick, its all the same. the idea of a whole show built around rapping with acoustic guitars is fucking dumb. obviously they realised its a fucking dumb idea so they added in a bunch of other instruments, so its not actually 'unplugged' but 'rapping with live instruments'. maybe this seems ridiculous to people who only listen to rap but NEWSFLASH: mtv unplugged is normally about 'unplugged' versions of songs, not rappers playing over instruments.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 12:01:16 PM »

actually its fairly easy to compare the two, they are both rappers. it doesnt matter what rapper i pick, its all the same. the idea of a whole show built around rapping with acoustic guitars is fucking dumb. obviously they realised its a fucking dumb idea so they added in a bunch of other instruments, so its not actually 'unplugged' but 'rapping with live instruments'. maybe this seems ridiculous to people who only listen to rap but NEWSFLASH: mtv unplugged is normally about 'unplugged' versions of songs, not rappers playing over instruments.

Lol i know what mtv unplugged is supposed to be.  my favorite one is the Alice in Chains concert, fucking great set and awesome to see layne singing.  Im just saying, if a rapper rapping over insturments is supposed to work, especially with mtv which means a mainstream artist, then lil wayne might sound good.  I get what u mean bout unplugged but really who gives a shit about a technicality like that.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 11:45:41 PM »

Lol i know what mtv unplugged is supposed to be.  my favorite one is the Alice in Chains concert, fucking great set and awesome to see layne singing.  Im just saying, if a rapper rapping over insturments is supposed to work, especially with mtv which means a mainstream artist, then lil wayne might sound good.  I get what u mean bout unplugged but really who gives a shit about a technicality like that.

im with you on that AIC is my fav unplugged by far, but its not a technicality im saying is stupid. is the fact that in 2011 unplugged is no longer about playing songs unplugged, but another commercial luil fucking wayne venture to sell records + dvds. they only reason its not called lil wayne live or lil wayne + the band is because the unplugged name will sell a lot more. its not unplugged in spirit. unplugged was an institution and this cheapens the name imo