Author Topic: A good move for Royce now would be to release his next solo on Shady Records  (Read 381 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I don't know about the logistics of him being on Shady, if Em would even be interested, or if he's already locked into a contract elsewhere.

But it looks like there's a good reception for BadMeetsEvil EP so far and this is really going to raise Royce's stock.  And having Eminem and Em's people oversee his project could get him some magazine covers and the star power he needs.   Also, having Em/Shady Records oversee the album musically would ensure that the quality would be somewhere around what BadMeetzEvil appears to be.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:04:31 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
1. He can't do that because he's in a contract with another label.
2. Royce already drops dope albums, I don't need Eminem & Shady Records making him anymore mainstream.
3. If Em was really his boy, he'd just help him/hook him up while not being on the label.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
2. Royce already drops dope albums, I don't need Eminem & Shady Records making him anymore mainstream.
3. If Em was really his boy, he'd just help him/hook him up while not being on the label.

1. Yeah I thought so
2. Royce always sounds better when he's been hanging around Eminem.  Like 99-2001, and then now his work on BadMeetsEvil
3. It's not the same.  The only case I can think of off the top of my head where that really worked out well was when Dre executive produced Xzibit's Restless LP.  Because the album quality sounded like an Aftermath album even though Xzibit was still stuck on Loud Records.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
I believe Success is Certain is the last release with this contract

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Eddz

I think Royce on Shady would be a good look. I think I read on allhiphop rumors that depending on how good the Slaughterhouse project goes will determine weather anyone from the group gets a solo deal on Shady.

I think its weird that Shady Records never released any D12 solo albums.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
I think Royce on Shady would be a good look. I think I read on allhiphop rumors that depending on how good the Slaughterhouse project goes will determine weather anyone from the group gets a solo deal on Shady.

Outside of Proof, who really would do numbers solo wise from D-12? And let's be honest, if you don't do big numbers, Interscope has no use for you.

doggfather

Outside of Proof, who really would do numbers solo wise from D-12? And let's be honest, if you don't do big numbers, Interscope has no use for you.

outside of Proof?!?!

What's his albums numbers?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!

outside of Proof?!?!

What's his albums numbers?!

I meant at the time Proof was alive, he was the only member in D-12 that had a decent following solo wise.

doggfather

I understand you, please choose wich one is decent:

or:

IMO these are average at their best.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I understand you, please choose wich one is decent:

or:

IMO these are average at their best.

I digged Searching For Jerry Garcia. Either way they would not have seen the light of day on Interscope. Jimmy & Co. are not interested in running a hip hop label, just a cash cow.

doggfather

maybe not cash, but good albums.

And Shearcing... is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay far from a masterpiece, or a decent album.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
maybe not cash, but good albums.

And Shearcing... is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay far from a masterpiece, or a decent album.

Interscope is mainly only interested in dropping 2 to 4 artists at the most from the Aftermath family tree at this moment. 50, Em, Game and Dre.

Never said that album was a masterpiece

doggfather

Interscope is mainly only interested in dropping 2 to 4 artists at the most from the Aftermath family tree at this moment. 50, Em, Game and Dre.

Interscope is interested in makin papers, dollaz.

Which way?

Makin albums that people will buy.

And they realized thet only these 4 artist can do this.

D12 members can't makin good albums, what fans buy.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

KURUPTION-81

Searching for had two great tracks and rest were between decent and good. To me it was a good enough album to be put on shady, but is far from a classic.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Searching for had two great tracks and rest were between decent and good. To me it was a good enough album to be put on shady, but is far from a classic.

With the shady records Machine behind it the album could have been heat, either way to me it was still a very good album that I still bump. I think proof wanted to do his own thing hence no em beats on the official album