Poll

What did you "witness"?

LeBron played his part, his production was up to par with what i expected.
4 (18.2%)
LeBron lived up to his choke-artist label.
9 (40.9%)
My stance on him has changed, he is no longer on MJ-Magic-Kobe status as far as I'm concerned.
6 (27.3%)
I have always known his true colors and expected him to fold under pressure.
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: What do you think of LeBron's overall performance in the Finals?  (Read 2038 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What do you think of LeBron's overall performance in the Finals?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 03:37:31 PM »
^I wouldn't really call it choking. It's not like me missed huge FTs (ála Wade) or dribbled the ball on his foot and turned it over (ála Wade) or killed it until crunch time began. It's more like he just wasn't quite there.

even worse...at least wade tried. lebron was fine being a role player. why are u still backing him up when u saw it first hand....ask ur mav players what they think of lebron.

Stevenson is a tough nigga and I like that he is bullying the shit out of the Heat, especially out of LeBron - because most Mavs are rather nice/calm guys, a tough ass nigga who gets into people's heads is needed.
I don't back him up.. I'm just saying that choking is not the right word to describe what LeBron did. To me choking is more like playing well and then folding under pressure and consequently making major mistakes as a result of it. But LeBron never played really well for his standards (aside from the 1st game maaaaybe) and he also didn't make awkward mistakes. He played like a role player. Obviously not enough for a player of his stature and bad, no doubt, just not the classic choke-job in my book. I honestly can't say what exactly happened. He played very well in crunch time against the Bulls and Celtics. Him transforming into a role player just because it was "the Finals" doesn't cut it as a valid explanation to me.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

theremedy360

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »
Disappeared.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 11:46:16 AM »

LOL...come on, dude, u have to be BLIND to not see that the guy has underperformed in the biggest moments of each of his 8 seasons in the league. That LeBron quote is ridiculously egotistical for someone who just sucked ass in the Finals and exactly why he will never live up to the GOATs he's always compared to. Because if one of the GOATs EVER underperformed as bad as LeBron did, they'd be the first to take blame and say "i'm gunna work on my game all summer long so that I dont repeat the same mistakes next year"...LeBron, however, comes across as if he feels like he's already the "King", no matter what, and that it doesn't matter if he wins or not, cuz no matter what, it's never his fault. The guy has no heart, no killer instinct, and no passion, and I'd be really shocked if u truly can't see it, being that u are a huge MJ fan and all.

Well, what do you mean by "underperformed".  Because you never considered Lebron to be the best player in the game anyway, so why would you say he "underperformed".  I mean, why not just say that people had too high of expectations for him?

And I don't think he's any more egotistical that Kobe is.  And remember when Kobe got accused of checking out a few years ago?   You defended Kobe then. 

See I never thought Lebron was better than Jordan, or better than Kobe, and now it looks like he's not even the best on his own team.  It seems Wade is better.  Lebron was facing fierce double teams and brilliant zone defense schemes all series.  I think people just had too high of expectations for him.   He's trying to stay positive, not every player thrives off beating themselves up after a tough loss.

underperformed, meaning he averaged 27 points in the regular season and 17 in the Finals...meaning he doesn't fare well in pressure situations, as history has proven. meaning he doesnt have the tenacity and killer instinct of a kobe, jordan, magic etc...it's pretty simple, dude. the guy is more dominique wilkins than he is michael jordan, and there's nothing wrong with that...it's simply not what everyone, INCLUDING HIMSELF, has made him out to be...remember, he is the SELF-anointed "King"...no one else gave him that title, that's what he thinks of himself as. Only, a true King is a natural born leader and LeBron, obviously, is not. He brought it all on himself...don't forget, just a few months ago he claimed that he would lead the Miami Heat to over 7 championships...the guy is a joke...a talented joke, but for all the hype surrounding him, he is not some special once in a lifetime gift that we are lucky to "witness"...he's just a good basketball player..

as for Kobe, he has every right to be egotistical, because he has already proven that he can deliver...there's a huge difference between being cocky because uv been there and done that and being cocky because everyone is on your nuts, even though you haven't backed it up...besides that, Kobe has NEVER been relegated to role player status, the way LeBron was throughout the whole Finals. those are the comparisons that are annoying as fuck, dawg...two players. one very good. one very great. there is a huge gap between the two, and i dunno what to say if u really cant see that.

yeah, I mean we are both pretty much thinking the same thing, it's just a difference over semantics.

Like you say he underperformed but then you say he always chockes and has no killer instinct.  So if he only did what he always does then I wouldn't call it "underperforming" cause thats what we expected, right?

Then all I said was he's no more arrogant than Kobe and you agreed to that, you just said Kobe has a right to be arrogant, which is true because Kobe has always lived up to the hype and even exceeded it.

I just thought the Lebron hate was going to far.  He may not be biult like Jordan and Kobe.  Where Jordan and Kobe have a drive to be the greatest maybe Lebron is more focused on family and his personal life or off the court stuff.

Whatever it is I just thought the hate was going too far.  I mean it's not his fault people treat him like a God, he's human, and any human being would have a hard time not lettin that shit go to their head.

But your assessment of Lebron as a player has always been spot on.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2011, 12:10:53 PM »
^I wouldn't really call it choking. It's not like me missed huge FTs (ála Wade) or dribbled the ball on his foot and turned it over (ála Wade) or killed it until crunch time began. It's more like he just wasn't quite there.

even worse...at least wade tried. lebron was fine being a role player. why are u still backing him up when u saw it first hand....ask ur mav players what they think of lebron.

Stevenson is a tough nigga and I like that he is bullying the shit out of the Heat, especially out of LeBron - because most Mavs are rather nice/calm guys, a tough ass nigga who gets into people's heads is needed.
I don't back him up.. I'm just saying that choking is not the right word to describe what LeBron did. To me choking is more like playing well and then folding under pressure and consequently making major mistakes as a result of it. But LeBron never played really well for his standards (aside from the 1st game maaaaybe) and he also didn't make awkward mistakes. He played like a role player. Obviously not enough for a player of his stature and bad, no doubt, just not the classic choke-job in my book. I honestly can't say what exactly happened. He played very well in crunch time against the Bulls and Celtics. Him transforming into a role player just because it was "the Finals" doesn't cut it as a valid explanation to me.

him transforming into a role player because it was the Finals is a perfect explanation and a classic example of a choke-job....there is way more pressure in the Finals than there is against weak ass Boston and Chicago. so he was good against those teams, played calm and composed, but CHOKED when the real pressure arrived. crystal clear....and deshawn aint the only one talkin shit. jason terry was on the radio yesterday sayin lebron couldnt handle the pressure and folded. everybody in the world knows whats up by now, other than cham. even u know whats up, ur just subtly defending him because u still like him.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2011, 12:20:44 PM »

LOL...come on, dude, u have to be BLIND to not see that the guy has underperformed in the biggest moments of each of his 8 seasons in the league. That LeBron quote is ridiculously egotistical for someone who just sucked ass in the Finals and exactly why he will never live up to the GOATs he's always compared to. Because if one of the GOATs EVER underperformed as bad as LeBron did, they'd be the first to take blame and say "i'm gunna work on my game all summer long so that I dont repeat the same mistakes next year"...LeBron, however, comes across as if he feels like he's already the "King", no matter what, and that it doesn't matter if he wins or not, cuz no matter what, it's never his fault. The guy has no heart, no killer instinct, and no passion, and I'd be really shocked if u truly can't see it, being that u are a huge MJ fan and all.

Well, what do you mean by "underperformed".  Because you never considered Lebron to be the best player in the game anyway, so why would you say he "underperformed".  I mean, why not just say that people had too high of expectations for him?

And I don't think he's any more egotistical that Kobe is.  And remember when Kobe got accused of checking out a few years ago?   You defended Kobe then. 

See I never thought Lebron was better than Jordan, or better than Kobe, and now it looks like he's not even the best on his own team.  It seems Wade is better.  Lebron was facing fierce double teams and brilliant zone defense schemes all series.  I think people just had too high of expectations for him.   He's trying to stay positive, not every player thrives off beating themselves up after a tough loss.

underperformed, meaning he averaged 27 points in the regular season and 17 in the Finals...meaning he doesn't fare well in pressure situations, as history has proven. meaning he doesnt have the tenacity and killer instinct of a kobe, jordan, magic etc...it's pretty simple, dude. the guy is more dominique wilkins than he is michael jordan, and there's nothing wrong with that...it's simply not what everyone, INCLUDING HIMSELF, has made him out to be...remember, he is the SELF-anointed "King"...no one else gave him that title, that's what he thinks of himself as. Only, a true King is a natural born leader and LeBron, obviously, is not. He brought it all on himself...don't forget, just a few months ago he claimed that he would lead the Miami Heat to over 7 championships...the guy is a joke...a talented joke, but for all the hype surrounding him, he is not some special once in a lifetime gift that we are lucky to "witness"...he's just a good basketball player..

as for Kobe, he has every right to be egotistical, because he has already proven that he can deliver...there's a huge difference between being cocky because uv been there and done that and being cocky because everyone is on your nuts, even though you haven't backed it up...besides that, Kobe has NEVER been relegated to role player status, the way LeBron was throughout the whole Finals. those are the comparisons that are annoying as fuck, dawg...two players. one very good. one very great. there is a huge gap between the two, and i dunno what to say if u really cant see that.

yeah, I mean we are both pretty much thinking the same thing, it's just a difference over semantics.

Like you say he underperformed but then you say he always chockes and has no killer instinct.  So if he only did what he always does then I wouldn't call it "underperforming" cause thats what we expected, right?

Then all I said was he's no more arrogant than Kobe and you agreed to that, you just said Kobe has a right to be arrogant, which is true because Kobe has always lived up to the hype and even exceeded it.

I just thought the Lebron hate was going to far.  He may not be biult like Jordan and Kobe.  Where Jordan and Kobe have a drive to be the greatest maybe Lebron is more focused on family and his personal life or off the court stuff.

Whatever it is I just thought the hate was going too far.  I mean it's not his fault people treat him like a God, he's human, and any human being would have a hard time not lettin that shit go to their head.

But your assessment of Lebron as a player has always been spot on.

yup...but i dont think the hate has gone too far, because lebron has brought it all on himself. when u arrange a championship style celebration/parade before the season starts, ur even pretty much askin for it if u don't succeed. other than that, ur 100% right...Peace

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 03:44:58 PM »
Yeah, NIK because that's when you started hating on LeBron, when he had the parade.

BTW, chief. Nobody hates on Wade or Bosh & they were as much involved in the parade.

You're an idiot lol.

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2011, 12:55:53 PM »
Yeah, NIK because that's when you started hating on LeBron, when he had the parade.

BTW, chief. Nobody hates on Wade or Bosh & they were as much involved in the parade.

You're an idiot lol.

Wade and Bosh didn't have a "decision" show to shit on their hometown and didn't call themselves the King and call their fans "witnesses"...i dont think ur smart enough to get it, so i'll explain it some more. The parade is not what makes me hold a dislike for LeBron, it's the attitude and personality he was born with that causes the dislike, which are the characteristics that make him think doing a show to shit on your hometown and holding a pre-season parade are good ideas. do u understand, or should i go into more detail?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2011, 08:05:43 PM »
I mean, the fact you doubted he would be good & Jordan Farmar would be better after analysts put him over Kobe & compared him to MJ in high-school goes to show before you even heard him speak, you had something against him.

Don't act like his "attitude" over the years is what made you dislike him. Even if he was 100% against being a popular figure, as long as MJ or Kobe comparisons came around your bitter, Jewish ass was hating.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 12:16:07 PM »
I mean, the fact you doubted he would be good & Jordan Farmar would be better after analysts put him over Kobe & compared him to MJ in high-school goes to show before you even heard him speak, you had something against him.

Don't act like his "attitude" over the years is what made you dislike him. Even if he was 100% against being a popular figure, as long as MJ or Kobe comparisons came around your bitter, Jewish ass was hating.

listen to yourself...people were putting him above kobe and comparing him to jordan in HIGH SCHOOL. that is on some most overhyped athlete of all time type shit... what is to like about that? come on, now. i never had anything against him as a player at first, only against those acting like he was God in a basketball jersey. when he started feeding into the hype and actually believing he was God when he was simply just another good baller, that's when I stopped liking HIM.......if u cant understand this, then ur just really, REALLY slow. honestly, though, i don't even dislike him as much as u act...i just think he's a selfish, egotistical bitch who's all about himself and who has fed into his own hype, when he hasn't proven shit.. i still think he's a good player...just not one who can carry a team ala the GOATs. that's all.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2011, 09:38:50 AM »
^I hear people hate extremely hate on traits of other people that are also traits of the hater. Makes sense.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2011, 01:41:11 PM »
lol@ MJ-Magic-Kobe status. Since when does Kobe's finals performances put him in that group?!
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

teecee

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2011, 03:39:04 PM »
Didnt Kobe go out of the playoffs this year win two str8 17 pt games? And it's not like he gt a shitload of boards or assists in hose games, or did anything in the 4th of those games.

And really, MJ far exceeds Magic.  MJ never lost a series where they were the home seed.  MJ never got swept in his prime.  Magic is closer to Kobe than he is to Mj, as he had skme really bad finals moments, ad was a very average defender
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:40:52 PM by teecee »

teecee

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2011, 03:42:58 PM »
lol@ MJ-Magic-Kobe status. Since when does Kobe's finals performances put him in that group?!

True. Kobe is a great player, top 10 ever j think.  But he has never put his stamp on a finals series, and doesn't have a defining finals game, definitely not one of the top 20 games ever. 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2011, 03:52:38 PM »
And really, MJ far exceeds Magic.  MJ never lost a series where they were the home seed.  MJ never got swept in his prime.  Magic is closer to Kobe than he is to Mj, as he had skme really bad finals moments, ad was a very average defender
What Magic did in Game 6 of the 1980 Finals was better than any Finals performance by MJ. Magic also made 9 Finals. Not saying he's better than MJ, but to not put the 2 in the same league is ridiculous.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2011, 03:59:12 PM »

True. Kobe is a great player, top 10 ever j think.  But he has never put his stamp on a finals series, and doesn't have a defining finals game, definitely not one of the top 20 games ever. 
Game 5 of the 2000 NBA Finals could be considered a defining finals game. As for stamp on a finals series, he did average 26.8 points, 51.4% shooting, 5.8 rebounds, 5.3 assists in the 2002 Finals, but that was against the pathetic Nets.