Author Topic: Next single for Detox = " The Psycho" wit 50 Cent  (Read 1660 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Next single for Detox = " The Psycho" wit 50 Cent
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2011, 01:46:41 PM »
Man, all they do is record.  I'm sure he's got crazy records stashed.  The question is will they ever see the light of day for the next 40 or so years.  We probably have to wait for him to die and then they'll release AFTERMATH BOX SETS.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2011, 04:04:27 PM »
LOL@people saying fans have "moved on" from Detox.  Like it's a girlfriend or something.

It's a collection of songs being made into an album.  If it's dope people will listen to it, bottom line.  And waiting only increases the suspense and the anticipation.  The album has already reached legendary status without even coming out.  This shit will be a huge event if it ever comes out.

And I guarantee you guys who are supposedly "disgusted" with Detox are gonna be some of the first to check it out.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2011, 04:46:30 PM »
I think Detox was more exciting when we hadn't heard any leaks or the singles...
Because before it was like some top secret stuff, everyone who had heard anything said it
was mindblowing and the next level of hiphop and the most complex hiphop album ever,
and some new style and a change of direction for hiphop...
And in your mind you're thinking of all the dope stuff that could be happening on it...

Then after hearing the tracks so far and leaks, it's like... oh.
you're right

yeah I feel the same way. I was really hyped for Detox after hearing Relapse but everything since then has been mediocre.

+1, the hype has cooled down a little

What is weird is that before any leaks everyone commenting in interviews about it always acted like there were a bunch of secrets about the album.
Like what the concept was going to be, was it going to be a long story over the whole album, or different rappers playing different characters,
And people mentioning it was gonna be like a 12 step detox program and that it would have an odd structure, and that were not really tracks,
but different pieces to the album...
Then there was the overall sound, like I thought Quik had let the cat out of the bag when he mentioned that Dre had sampled classical music,
and that this would be like Dre beats but with orchestral stuff instead of funk, which would have been dope...

So why was Detox all hush hush and no one allowed to speak on it? It seems they never had any secret ideas,
the first leaks were just regular hip-hop like Topless, and the later ones and singles are just kinda regular clubby pop songs.

Like if Bishop Lamont at any point in an interview had been like, "ok, I'll let you in on a secret, there is a song called 'Kush' and
I'm not supposed to let this secret out, but it's a song about weed! And it has Akon on the hook! And the beat has pianos and
clubby style beat!"
We'd have been like, what the fuck, that doesn't sound like something that needs to be kept secret.

djthirrzty

• Lil Geezy
  • Follow @bombzy for Dj.Thirrzty updates!
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2011, 08:49:20 PM »
Is there a link to somewhere where all the leaks and unused and proper single's surrounding detox have been put? What are we at now like 7-8 songs? I wanna listen to them all at once in a playlist. So far I'm liking Kush and the one with Jay-Z on it.
Dj.Thirrzty
Big House Records Recording Artist/Future Star Dj
East Vancouver, Canada - Western Seaboard
http://www.reverbnation.com/djthirrzty
http://www.djthirrzty.com
http://www.twitter.com/bombzy
BHR!