Author Topic: DJ Quik talks favorite strains, Eazy-E stories, and social media,  (Read 738 times)

awol22222

Re: DJ Quik talks favorite strains, Eazy-E stories, and social media,
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 12:45:31 PM »
I remember in a interview (prior to the release of The Book of David) he said if you gangbang like Eazy, you're going to get killed or get AIDS.
And you should join the army.

I really lol'd at the AIDS reference.  ;D

LAPROMO

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 01:53:59 PM »
i saw that too. lol

I remember in a interview (prior to the release of The Book of David) he said if you gangbang like Eazy, you're going to get killed or get AIDS.
And you should join the army.

I really lol'd at the AIDS reference.  ;D

Elkoizm

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 02:59:22 PM »
I highly doubt Eazy used to 'bang' that hard.
He was much smarter than that.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 08:18:31 PM »
"Lonchmart" or whatever it's spelled like is 1 of tha ghettoest streets in PG County lol.  nice interview tho.  "Luv of My Life" is still hot, Quik did his thing on that record. 

and i wish i could be in Dr. Dre's studio, it sounds like being there is an experience and a privilege.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:21:09 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

2euce 7even

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 03:10:33 AM »
eazy-e was a big time hustla even befo nwa, he used ta have cars and all that shit.hhis name was casual back then.
RIP Eazy-E

Elkoizm

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 06:07:22 AM »
eazy-e was a big time hustla even befo nwa, he used ta have cars and all that shit.hhis name was casual back then.
RIP Eazy-E

But he didn't bang. So he was far from being anything considered a 'G'.
He might've known some cats and damn near in a set, but I doubt his path was ever gang bangin'.

Quik, Eazy, Ren etc all these dudes aren't as hard as they claim on record.
If you want to see a rapper that was really bangin then.. wait most of them are either dead or in jail.

Eazy most definitely would've dealt dope though.

awol22222

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 06:56:46 AM »
RIP Eazy-E

He might've known some cats and damn near in a set, but I doubt his path was ever gang bangin'.

If you want to see a rapper that was really bangin then.. wait most of them are either dead or in jail.

Yeah, he knew a big time mexican cocaine dealer. You could see him in one of the impalas in the
"Only if You Want It" video.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 08:10:32 AM »
RIP Eazy-E

what?... really?... who is this guy  ::)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »
See the funny thing about quik is, if you search through some of his previous interviews, dude is so wishy washy with his own gangbang history

I know for a fact I've seen him say he was banging way back in the day and basically call himself an og. Then I've seen him say he didn't start banging until around the time s+s came out. Then I've seen him say gangbanging wasn't his thing he just grew up in a blood hood with blood friends. So dude has a slight jayceon taylor syndrome. 
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 01:44:57 PM »
See the funny thing about quik is, if you search through some of his previous interviews, dude is so wishy washy with his own gangbang history

I know for a fact I've seen him say he was banging way back in the day and basically call himself an og. Then I've seen him say he didn't start banging until around the time s+s came out. Then I've seen him say gangbanging wasn't his thing he just grew up in a blood hood with blood friends. So dude has a slight jayceon taylor syndrome.  

maybe you're just thinking too hard.  maybe Q is just tryna downplay the whole gangbanging thing becuz it's not who he wants/wanted to be.  

no disrespect son but there's a few of u on here who are wannabe Gangsters.  u wanna act like u know wassup and what's really good when in reality u have no clue of what is and what isn't.  if you've lived that life or been around all of those people all of your life then there's just a certain intellect and perspective you have.  that's why there's still some older folks in America today who still don't get/understand Rap music and Rappers.

some of yall need 2 stop pretending you're gangsters and really know wat it'z like to be on the street and really know wat that type of life is like.  you listen to way too many rappers and interviews and have seen too many movies and read too many opinions.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:48:08 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

Citizen-Y

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 07:08:24 PM »

maybe you're just thinking too hard.  maybe Q is just tryna downplay the whole gangbanging thing becuz it's not who he wants/wanted to be.  

no disrespect son but there's a few of u on here who are wannabe Gangsters.  u wanna act like u know wassup and what's really good when in reality u have no clue of what is and what isn't.  if you've lived that life or been around all of those people all of your life then there's just a certain intellect and perspective you have.  that's why there's still some older folks in America today who still don't get/understand Rap music and Rappers.

some of yall need 2 stop pretending you're gangsters and really know wat it'z like to be on the street and really know wat that type of life is like.  you listen to way too many rappers and interviews and have seen too many movies and read too many opinions.

Dude, who are you to speak on the means streets of Montenegro?

Elkoizm

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 07:58:40 PM »
I've never claimed to be a gangster so I'm glad you're not speaking to me  :)

big time mexican cocaine dealer. You could see him in one of the impalas in the

Props on the info! Don't get me wrong, Eazy would've easily got someone taken care of if need be. And I'm sure alot of these rappers are capable of doing the same (Snoop, E-40, etc)
But to throw away a multi-million (at least) dollar record label and empire by 'putting in work' for his set (KPCC)?
Don't think so.

awol22222

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 10:17:45 PM »
I've never claimed to be a gangster so I'm glad you're not speaking to me  :)

big time mexican cocaine dealer. You could see him in one of the impalas in the

Props on the info! Don't get me wrong, Eazy would've easily got someone taken care of if need be. And I'm sure alot of these rappers are capable of doing the same (Snoop, E-40, etc)
But to throw away a multi-million (at least) dollar record label and empire by 'putting in work' for his set (KPCC)?
Don't think so.

Here's the guy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Vignali

westside4life

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 10:29:06 PM »
Man that boy Quik knows his weed *bumps some Quiks Groove*