Author Topic: West Coast Hip-Hop Is Back On Top....  (Read 1244 times)

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: West Coast Hip-Hop Is Back On Top....
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 01:32:49 PM »
Lil B, Odd Future, Kreayshawn, Kendrick Lamar (and the only one shown love here is Kendrick???) Isn't it crazy that: Baaam!!, just like that, after everyone thought there was no hope for the WC, a movement has finally come. The OG's are still doing it, but it's time to pass the torch and the future looks brilliant. These artists have made me care less about Detox as a resurrection of the WC. They've already done it.

Lil B? lmao  you fucking clown

Horseshoe Gang > any other new west shit
Bitch Mob>Horseshow Gang

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 02:02:08 PM »
Sounds like a lot of you have "The West is finally getting shine again" confused with "The West is back on top".

Kendrick Lamar is good, and people like Jay Rock, Fashawn, Blu and Nipsey Hussle, but if getting back on top means Lil B and Kreayshawn and similar artists to that then im not sure I want the west coast on top.

QFT.

Lil B, Odd Future, Kreayshawn, Kendrick Lamar (and the only one shown love here is Kendrick???) Isn't it crazy that: Baaam!!, just like that, after everyone thought there was no hope for the WC, a movement has finally come. The OG's are still doing it, but it's time to pass the torch and the future looks brilliant. These artists have made me care less about Detox as a resurrection of the WC. They've already done it.

Lil B? lmao  you fucking clown

Horseshoe Gang > any other new west shit
Bitch Mob>Horseshow Gang

Cocaine is a helluva drug!

Fuck swag.

kolaboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 08:06:12 PM »

This MC Got Bars For Days!!!
Westcoast At It's Finest!!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 09:16:42 PM »
I said it about 3 years ago that whenever the west got back on top if would be because of some young alternative rappers not the gangsta, chucks-n-khakis, 40oz, impala rappers you all keep drooling over

I never even listened to odd future but their chances of blowing up > the chances of warren g, wc, etc blowing up again
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 01:07:32 AM »
this thread is ridiculous....those artists are unheard off outside your state

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 02:08:43 AM »
They're gaining momentum. Some people hate because its not rebirth of G-Funk.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 03:58:10 AM »
This forum never shows love to the new cats so it's no surprise that the thread starter just found about the new west.

The west's also got Far East Movement, Dom Kennedy, The Cataracs, New Boyz and Tyga all doing their thing.

your trippin dom kennedy, kendrick, jay rock, school boy q, ab-soul, c-san, pac div

they all get love, whatchu talkin about?

but fuck tyga though hes just trash, and how da fuck is he gonna be sayin hes hood when that nigga grew up in a mansion in encino, nothins real anymore huh? they just build rappers these days, no talent what so ever

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/GFUCT5EUPxo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/GFUCT5EUPxo</a>

dont tell me he got better, niggas garbage

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 04:03:46 AM »
This forum never shows love to the new cats so it's no surprise that the thread starter just found about the new west.

The west's also got Far East Movement, Dom Kennedy, The Cataracs, New Boyz and Tyga all doing their thing.

your trippin dom kennedy, kendrick, jay rock, school boy q, ab-soul, c-san, pac div

but fuck tyga though hes just trash, and how da fuck is he gonna be sayin hes hood when that nigga grew up in a mansion in encino, nothins real anymore huh? they just build rappers these days, no talent what so ever

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/GFUCT5EUPxo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/GFUCT5EUPxo</a>

Thats embarrassing.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 04:18:31 AM »
The west will never be back on top. People complain that new west artists dont get no love on this site, but when people post up some shit from odd future lil b and them the thread goes nowhere. Thet rather get butthurt when somebody calls pac a piece of shit.
Nobody gave a fuck about k.dot on here til dre mentioned him then y'all started paying attention. Its like you need to see dres seal of approval before you'll fuck with them

Trip Dee

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 04:38:16 AM »

Thats embarrassing.

wow.

La.. Latinos.. he...

MistaNova

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 04:43:55 AM »

Then how come their threads only get like 2/3 posts and fade away while Pac, Dre, Detox and Death Row threads get 30+ pages?
Plus they're only the tip of the iceberg. You also have Shawn Chrystopher, H.O.P.E., Chuuwee and loads of others (even those I don't know about). But like someone else said, it ain't G-Funk so this forum doesn't bother...

He got better.

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 04:44:23 AM »
The west will never be back on top. People complain that new west artists dont get no love on this site, but when people post up some shit from odd future lil b and them the thread goes nowhere. Thet rather get butthurt when somebody calls pac a piece of shit.
Nobody gave a fuck about k.dot on here til dre mentioned him then y'all started paying attention. Its like you need to see dres seal of approval before you'll fuck with them
If it ain't Death Row or DPG they don't wanna fuck with it. It's sad because the tides are shifting.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 04:50:31 AM »
Or they'll show some love til they disrespect dre, like what happened with nipsey. It was all good til " high til i die so muthafuck a detox". Its like he was disrespecting a family member

Jimmy H.

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 07:08:01 AM »
In my opinion, hip-hop moved past regional dominance a long time ago and you're not likely have to that again. California will have a rap scene like everybody else but it's not like the 90's were they had to fight for everything. Back then, New York had everything on lock when it came to rap music and even though Los Angeles had created a great, new sound, they were struggling to get the respect. After that, it was the South and Midwest trying to prove that it wasn't just Cali and NY out there. Today, it's too much of a melting pot to break down in regional terms. It's not about just pushing your own. Eminem is the biggest artist of the last decade but it wasn't like he was strictly pushing all his boys from Detroit. He did give D-12 and Obie Trice their shine but when it came time to really make money, he got 50 Cent. 50, in turn, saw money in Young Buck and Game. Today, the labels and entrepeneurs are trying to find talent in every region so they can hit all those untapped markets. There's competition and pride in where artists come from but it's not like the top New York and L.A. rappers are only working with people from their Coast. 

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 12:17:56 PM »
If it ain't Death Row or DPG they don't wanna fuck with it. It's sad because the tides are shifting.

k.dot was horrible when he was k.dot, didnt u hear the first tracks he put out? dude was lil wayne 2.0, horrible.

but after he changed his name to kendrick lamar, much much much better. i mean i havent been on the westcoast section in a minute and only for mayb couple of old school tracks, because all the new kendrick, school boy q, etc etc is easy to find cuz its new.

but i dont like lil b so that might be why i dont support him, but yea dude i went to the key club couple weeks ago for the homies bday for ab soul n school boy q, kendick made a special apperance for moscato too.

we were gettin blunted n everything up in there, ill post up pics when i can

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.