Author Topic: Jay-Z Has Started Next Solo Album  (Read 322 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jay-Z Has Started Next Solo Album
« on: July 08, 2011, 05:54:35 AM »
(AllHipHop News) Jay-Z has yet to release his collaboration with Kanye West titled Watch The Throne, but the mogul is already two songs into his next solo album.

"I know exactly the tone and the whole feel of the [next] album. Its different. Its not weird," Jay said at a listening session for Watch The Throne on July 7th.

"They are really f**king good. I can tell you that," Jay-Z boasted.

Jay had a quip after a journalist with MTV asked if his new album would drop before J. Cole and Jay Electronica.

"Hopefully," he responded with a chuckle. "I don't play that. We all competing for the same mind share. J. Cole and Jay Electronica are both making inspiring music."

Jay-Z refused to put a release date for the his untitled album, but he said his inspiration stems from Watch The Throne.

"I never had two songs this early before my [current] project came out," he concluded. He later stated that Odd Future singer Frank Ocean would appear on one of the two new songs he's completed.

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

sofdark

Re: Jay-Z Has Started Next Solo Album
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 02:50:24 AM »
One thing I like about Jay is that if he works on something, he gets it done and out.

Tha_Tactican

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 11:20:19 AM »
One thing I like about Jay is that if he works on something, he gets it done and out.

Yeah, which is more than i can say about jay electronica :(

Elkoizm

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UtoHI0JEfDg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UtoHI0JEfDg</a>

I honestly hope that the release of HAM is one that doesn't involve putting the strongest single out first because honestly, whether the song is live, dirty or on radio, the song is awful.

The album is an interesting project and I'm looking forward to it but this track isn't making me wish it come out sooner.

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 12:35:56 AM »
the last album was a West Coast formula, this next one is prolly gonna have a midwest feel, meaning every track will have its on outrageous theme. which will make the album seem complex/strange but really the simplicity will be the key in carrying this album to the charts....look for a crazy list of features.  8)
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!