Author Topic: When Did it Become Cool to be a Sick Fuck??  (Read 1638 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: When Did it Become Cool to be a Sick Fuck??
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 08:00:19 PM »
But you can't cheat delivery. There's a lot of people who make "sick" records but you need a little something extra to get noticed. You take someone like a Snoop Dogg, his rhyme schemes are fairly simple but he has a strong understanding of what sounds good to the ear. There's lot of complex lyricists out there but they many of them have trouble finding a hit record because they don't know how to music that reasonates. It's not unlike comedians who tell jokes. I can hear Dave Chappelle and George Lopez tell nearly the same joke and one makes me laugh, the other don't. The difference is in how the line is delivered. This is why in my earlier response, I said this record sounded "refreshingly hip-hop".

It's not about who has the best vocabulary. It's about who gets the most use of the spoken word. You might be at a party and use fourth-grade words but twist it in a way that's funny and clever and that will get a rise out of people. Meanwhile, you got this other guy whose talking and using all these big five-dollar words but he's not actually saying anything important. That's what good writing comes down to. You can steal from whoever you want as long as what you're saying feels inspired. Everything we do is shaped by what has come before us so why bullshit and try to say otherwise? All these artists that we grew up listening to were ripping off and borrowing from their favorite artists, so it's nothing. Art is not about what is the most complex, it's about what is the most effective.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 08:21:55 PM »
But you can't cheat delivery. There's a lot of people who make "sick" records but you need a little something extra to get noticed. You take someone like a Snoop Dogg, his rhyme schemes are fairly simple but he has a strong understanding of what sounds good to the ear. There's lot of complex lyricists out there but they many of them have trouble finding a hit record because they don't know how to music that reasonates. It's not unlike comedians who tell jokes. I can hear Dave Chappelle and George Lopez tell nearly the same joke and one makes me laugh, the other don't. The difference is in how the line is delivered. This is why in my earlier response, I said this record sounded "refreshingly hip-hop".

It's not about who has the best vocabulary. It's about who gets the most use of the spoken word. You might be at a party and use fourth-grade words but twist it in a way that's funny and clever and that will get a rise out of people. Meanwhile, you got this other guy whose talking and using all these big five-dollar words but he's not actually saying anything important. That's what good writing comes down to. You can steal from whoever you want as long as what you're saying feels inspired. Everything we do is shaped by what has come before us so why bullshit and try to say otherwise? All these artists that we grew up listening to were ripping off and borrowing from their favorite artists, so it's nothing. Art is not about what is the most complex, it's about what is the most effective.

Jay-Z said something along those lines about how the voice is just another instrument. The best rappers are those who can own the beat with their words, as opposed to rappers who just talk over a beat.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »
does Cham ever know what the fuck he's talkin about? smh

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 10:24:16 PM »

I agree with all of that. Snoop wouldn't have a career if he didn't have great beats & one of the greatest flows. But I find all of that irrelevant.

The question was "when did it become cool to be a sick fuck?". The answer is when it was realized you can fit any word in any bar. Yeah, you need a great flow & delivery to make it sound dope. But it's easier to flow when you have word after word rhyming. It's kind of like Eminem today. He sells more than anybody in Hip Hop because he just rhymes every other word together & the flow of that sounds amazing to most listeners.

Outside of Tyler, The Creator, who basically talks, I can't think of many "sick fucks" that have a average/poor delivery/flow. & the only reason why Tyler has come so far is because he has the luxury of putting random things together, inevitably making them sound doper & appealing to the public. So everything you said above is true. But rapping like a sick fuck makes all that said above even easier.

Again, I respect that. I'm into that "sick fuck" type shit. When over the right beat, that shit sounds ill. Mostly due to the flowing of the words.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 10:25:04 PM »

NIK, the big boys are talking. Go call your lawyer & bump some Zagg.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 10:27:12 PM »

I agree with all of that. Snoop wouldn't have a career if he didn't have great beats & one of the greatest flows. But I find all of that irrelevant.

The question was "when did it become cool to be a sick fuck?". The answer is when it was realized you can fit any word in any bar. Yeah, you need a great flow & delivery to make it sound dope. But it's easier to flow when you have word after word rhyming. It's kind of like Eminem today. He sells more than anybody in Hip Hop because he just rhymes every other word together & the flow of that sounds amazing to most listeners.

Outside of Tyler, The Creator, who basically talks, I can't think of many "sick fucks" that have a average/poor delivery/flow. & the only reason why Tyler has come so far is because he has the luxury of putting random things together, inevitably making them sound doper & appealing to the public. So everything you said above is true. But rapping like a sick fuck makes all that said above even easier.

Again, I respect that. I'm into that "sick fuck" type shit. When over the right beat, that shit sounds ill. Mostly due to the flowing of the words.

It's called being a rapper. The rest are just guys with ideas who should have been spoken word artists.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 10:28:05 PM »

big boys? ur 18, kid...i'm 24...quit makin ur inferiority complex so obvious, fruit. go bump some drake and kreayshawn lmao.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 10:35:13 PM »

It's called being a rapper. The rest are just guys with ideas who should have been spoken word artists.

lol, whatever. What I said is still why it "became cool to be a sick fuck". On top of that, it's something different than your usual "Drink 40's, fuck bitches" & "The block is hot".

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 10:36:28 PM »

big boys? ur 18, kid...i'm 24...quit makin ur inferiority complex so obvious, fruit. go bump some drake and kreayshawn lmao.

LOL, you get so tight.

& I will right after you name me five songs by Murs & Blu without Googling them, you close-minded, herb.

Mr. 206

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 11:25:13 PM »
LAME.

This is a rip off of Masta Ace's "Slaughtahouse", which called negative attention and ridicule to the overly violent G Funk rap in the early 90's.

Hardly an original concept. Just carried out more poorly.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V832kiE6Drw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/V832kiE6Drw</a>

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 11:46:32 PM »

LOL, you get so tight.

& I will right after you name me five songs by Murs & Blu without Googling them, you close-minded, herb.

LMAO.I was bumpin Murs when u were a pre-teen, son. and I aint into Blu, but I heard the CRAC CD and Below the Heavens, and they both decent. never try to get me up on west coast rap, u dumb kid.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 11:55:29 PM »

LOL, you get so tight.

LMAO.I was bumpin Murs when u were a pre-teen, son. and I aint into Blu, but I heard the CRAC CD and Below the Heavens, and they both decent. never try to get me up on west coast rap, u dumb kid.

Nobody believes you. Got listen to some Eazy-E.

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 11:57:35 PM »

LOL, you get so tight.

u callin urself a nobody? come on, don't give into that inferiority complex so easy, son. we were all kids, once (though never as dumb as u). there is still hope for faggots like u.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 12:04:18 AM »

LOL, you get so tight.

u callin urself a nobody? come on, don't give into that inferiority complex so easy, son. we were all kids, once (though never as dumb as u). there is still hope for faggots like u.

lol @ crying all the time that there is a full on conspiracy against you on this forum, except when you're arguing with someone. Then suddenly people against you are "all alone". Joke.

Also lmao @ calling me dumb when I've made you look like a legitimate contender for the next Special Olympics the last two weeks in random threads.

I apologize to the OG thread starter for getting off your dope song. NIK just cares about his image too much & has to be put in check on who he really is from time to time. But speaking about NIK, his theory works here. You'll get more views because of this. Difference being, you're pretty dope & deserve views. NIK gets views out of curiosity of how bad he is.

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 01:41:43 AM »
^get off the dick, faggot....no one wants 2 see ur dickridng essays in this thread, trust me.