Author Topic: 3 more Star Wars movies !  (Read 531 times)

elneckio

3 more Star Wars movies !
« on: January 17, 2003, 09:16:40 AM »
Lucas let slip in an interview apparently :O

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10214677&replies=2

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Trauma-san

Re:3 more Star Wars movies !
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 10:16:21 AM »
It'll never happen, he's said a thousand times it won't.  He restructred the story after he wrote it, also, to focus around the Darth Vader story, the 3 new movies would focus around Luke Skywalker, and frankly, who the hell cares about luke Skywalker?  

elneckio

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2003, 11:20:50 AM »
I know hes been saying he isn't making any more for ages, but its nice to hope :)

I can't seem to find out anything more about it, a friend heard it on the radio and it was BBC and it isn't April so it isn't just a rumour.
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Murrow

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2003, 11:30:28 AM »
Yeah, making three more AFTER the Darth Vador series wouldn't fit in, plus no one would care.  

elneckio

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2003, 11:50:36 AM »
WOE

They just cleared up the mistake :

"EXCLUSIVE: LFL Clarifies Fox Interview with George Lucas
Wed, Jan 15, 03 01:30:10 PM EST

We posted yesterday about an interview by Fox News with George Lucas (see Holonet article). In the interview many sharp eyed Star Wars fans noted this statement:

"Essentially, Peter is making three three-hour movies out of one book," Lucas said. "And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book."
We contacted LucasFilm for a comment and a LucasFilm Spokesperson had this to say:

As many fans are already aware of, there are going to be just 6 movies. Unfortunately, George was misquoted in the interview about number of movies in the Star Wars series. Currently LucasFilm is in preproduction for Episode 3, the last Star Wars movie."
Well folks, there you have it. It was fun to speculate about the possible change in story arc, but it looks like 6 is all we are going to get from George."

WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE

o well still got EP3 to look foward to....

bez

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2003, 01:00:09 PM »
Truth is I dont even think they should of made more film safter the first 3, the first 3 where classic films, I think the new 1's suck.

EM28

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2003, 10:33:23 PM »
cool news

peace

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2003, 10:43:59 PM »
this star wars head at my work was talking about this a while ago, he said that the they MIGHT make 3 more AFTER lucas dies, and they're suppose to revolve around what happens after episode 6.

i think these 6 are enough

i really liked the new ones though, i don't know why people hate on them

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2003, 11:22:32 PM »
It's just speculative thinking from these guys.  Lucas wrote 9 outlines for stories, originally, and he shot the middle three first (partially because he probably wouldn't get funding for the weak stories of 1-3, without the  background material in 4-6).  7-9 he's said for years would never be shot, it was just outlined, I dont' think he ever even wrote the entire stories, just outlines of things that happened.  He'll never let them make those movies, and he's getting older each day.   Fans gotta wake up, and realize that there is an end to everything, and even if he only makes 6 movies, those movies still EXIST, lol I mean, why does their have to be more and more and more of everything, eventually we need to settle for the 6 movies he is making.  It's not like he's taking star wars away forever, or anything, he's just making so much of it.  

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2003, 12:48:54 PM »
i think the first 3 and the new 1s r waaaaay diff from each other lol i dunno why i use ta b all n that star wars shit just like every1 else has b4 (almost every1) and i always wanted a han solo story but now fords gettin REALLY old so he couldnt play him as han young and i dont DO NOT want them 2 make another 3 cuz thad just b over doin it IMO

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2003, 12:53:39 AM »
Fuc tha stars and cloud 9s.......

oops, wrong board....... ;D

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2003, 08:55:54 AM »
My mates dad worked on the original trilogy and according to him, Lucas was originally going to do another trilogy set after the original. It was going to revolve around Luke slowly turn into his father. In each movie he would be more tempted towards the darkside and become more robotic until the end of the third one when he would be Vader.

In my opinion this would have been better, but i'm probably just saying that because tha last 2 were such shite.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2003, 10:58:53 AM »
My mates dad worked on the original trilogy and according to him, Lucas was originally going to do another trilogy set after the original. It was going to revolve around Luke slowly turn into his father. In each movie he would be more tempted towards the darkside and become more robotic until the end of the third one when he would be Vader.
WHOA  :o thats tite i never heard that b4 and that wouldda been tite with all the OG charectors and actors

Murrow

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2003, 12:53:10 PM »
^ Except instead of turning into his father at the end of the third movie he resists.  That would be cool.