Author Topic: Ice Cube & John Singleton in Talks for N.W.A Biopic  (Read 404 times)

Spoonie Luv

Ice Cube & John Singleton in Talks for N.W.A Biopic
« on: September 26, 2011, 10:03:29 PM »
A biopic about the legendary West Coast rap group, N.W.A has been in the works for some time now with former group member Ice Cube, named as one of the producers. Recently John Singleton revealed that he might direct the film.

In an interview with Indie Wire’s The Playlist, Singleton said that has been in contact with Cube, the star of his classic 1991 flick, Boyz N the Hood, to be involved in the project.

“I can’t talk about it too prematurely about the stuff I’m doing because nothing’s come to fruition yet, but Cube and I are talking about doing the N.W.A story,” he said. “The script is really, really good, and so we’re just figuring it out. New Line really wants to make it.”

It was originally reported that the flick, titled Straight Outta Compton, after the group’s 1988 breakout song of the same name, will be written by a Andrea Berloff (World Trade Center), which cause some controversy because she is a Caucasian. Since then three more people have been added to help pen the script, Leigh Savidge, Alan Wenkus and Matt Alvarez.

Stay tuned to XXLMag.com as more details become available. —Elan Mancini

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/09/ice-cube-john-singleton-in-talks-for-n-w-a-biopic/
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

Spoonie Luv

Re: Ice Cube & John Singleton in Talks for N.W.A Biopic
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »

couldnt find a good solo pic but cubes son in the middle should play ice cube if this film should come to light!
lil eazy as his pops?
what about dre and yella?

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 01:15:32 AM »
Dre's got a son too.
Don't know about Yella or Ren.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 03:36:59 AM »
couldnt find a good solo pic but cubes son in the middle should play ice cube if this film should come to light!

Does he know how to act? Has he been in some movies?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 04:39:44 AM »
it's coming

Funkstradamus

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 05:32:11 AM »

lil eazy as his pops?
what about dre and yella?

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 08:01:35 AM »

no he probobly cant act, no he hasnt been in movies. I was just pointing out that he resembles ice cube the most. he's been in songs with his pops but cant rap.
And Dr'es older son passed away a couple of years back.

Stan

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 09:19:55 AM »

no he probobly cant act, no he hasnt been in movies. I was just pointing out that he resembles ice cube the most. he's been in songs with his pops but cant rap.
What about the Hood Surgeon or whatever his other son's name is lol?  In the end I would rather see good actor's than the juniors just for namesake. 

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 10:00:15 AM »

What about the Hood Surgeon or whatever his other son's name is lol?  In the end I would rather see good actor's than the juniors just for namesake. 
Hood Surgeon aka Curtis Young is Dre's oldest son would make a good role as Dre  8)

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 07:32:25 PM »

I agree, i want good actors for this film to do it some justice

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 10:05:49 PM »
Aye...when the fuck is that 2pac biopic dropping?

And is this the same NWA movie DOC was talking about?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 01:28:27 AM »
Aye...when the fuck is that 2pac biopic dropping?

And is this the same NWA movie DOC was talking about?
no, if i'm not mistaken, he's doing his own movie. at least, he plans to(since 2003 i think).
probably about how everybody screwed him and that he wrote everybody's lyrics