Author Topic: How come y'all.......?  (Read 326 times)

McDaddy187 aka Dj Mack

• 'G'
How come y'all.......?
« on: January 13, 2003, 03:01:58 AM »
How come y'all ain't uploadin album covers... Like most of here, peepz get alot of underground shit, but also new releases of mIRC.. Why don't you add the cover with the album, when you upload it..? Or why don't y'all upload them on the forum..? Maybe there is a section on this forum (then move this post), but I'm not aware of.. I KNOW peepz in here needs albumscovers (aspecially back inserts), me also...I even don't have covers of new releases (like WC, Too Short, ...)

ps; thnkx 4 that Lil Rachett cover, I needed the back-insert..  ;)

AlAndalus aka Hispanic

• 'G'
  • Back To Al Andalus
Re:How come y'all.......?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 04:43:53 AM »
That's true. I don't understand it. You can find underground albums on Mirc or on ftp sites. But you never find the covers of the cd's. That's a pitty. It would be great if people would do so.
Sharing covers. When i have covers i will scan and upload them for u guys.

Greetings.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 05:39:35 AM »
If u didnt know scanning albums covers IS actually illegal.

now... i overlook it when they're posted in a thread when giving information about releases - underground artists etc but i will not support or promote piracy in any way at the risk of this forum.

All too often I see people running around demanding covers for things they've downloaded with 1) no intent to buy the actual CD 2) the intent of creating bootlegs based on these 3) no intent of sharing covers they have back with everyone else.

These are the people creating the very problems of bootlegging and the promotion of piracy that are often blamed when artists releases fails.

Anyways... I believe someone very close to you is working towards creating a means for sharing covers in the means u described ;)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 08:39:54 AM »
You can find some here.

It's still growing but you can find some stuff you're looking for.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2003, 08:42:05 AM by C2Knuckles »

McDaddy187 aka Dj Mack

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2003, 10:42:44 AM »
Illegal.. ok, and is not fare for the artists, I agree.. However, most of these albums are deleted, out of print, RARE, not to be found etc... And the WC and Too Short album that I menioned..let's all be honest..if you can get it for free, well.. ::) I'm willing to save 2x20 bucks..That's the other problem..for this kinda money I can get 50 CD-R's, to copy.. It's way tooo expensive..

But I gotta say, these (wc & too short) are the only new releases (or better; cd's who are not deleted) that I copy, all others are out of print..And askin for inserts of these CDs is ok, my opinion..

I believe someone very close to you is working towards creating a means for sharing covers in the means u described     Yeah, I noticed about that ;)

You can find some here   Thnkx Homie!!

AlAndalus aka Hispanic

• 'G'
  • Back To Al Andalus
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2003, 05:40:15 AM »
Overseer i understand you're point of view. But like McDaddy says, a lot of rap albums are out of print, or are very difficult to find here in Belgium, for ex. underground artists. It's inpossible to get a original copy of those artists. And most of the time if u find them they are way to expensive. The only solution to stop piracy is a large reducement of the cd prices. Otherwise the piracy will continue in much larger way, like it already is.

So, my conclusion is, sharing covers of albums that are out of stock, print, should be possible.

C2Knuckles: Thanks for the link.

McDaddy187 aka Dj Mack

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2003, 08:52:12 AM »
WORD!

;D

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2003, 06:25:58 AM »

now... i overlook it when they're posted in a thread when giving information about releases - underground artists etc but i will not support or promote piracy in any way at the risk of this forum.

All too often I see people running around demanding covers for things they've downloaded with 1) no intent to buy the actual CD 2) the intent of creating bootlegs based on these 3) no intent of sharing covers they have back with everyone else.

These are the people creating the very problems of bootlegging and the promotion of piracy that are often blamed when artists releases fails.

Anyways... I believe someone very close to you is working towards creating a means for sharing covers in the means u described ;)

gotta agree wit overseer..

if you'Re really lookin for an album
you gonna find it no matter what.. and you gonna buy it !!!

T
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

McDaddy187 aka Dj Mack

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2003, 06:43:39 AM »
Ok, but don't forget we're from Europe, Belgium, a very very litle country, and ok, i don't give a fizzel how much it costs, but it ain't easy (as in USA) to get a hard-to-get-album for us..

Our country have 2 different distrubitors of music (worldwide) to order from..so..

I do Ebay alot, otherwize I didn't got shit!

But what I don't understand, y'all exchangin albums (cd's), and is also illegal, so why not the inserts/covers..?? ??? ??

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2003, 06:54:29 AM »
cd's arent posted up on this site tho are they  ;)

btw. i'm in th UK.. so i know the probs getting stuff

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2003, 12:17:26 PM »

gotta agree wit overseer..

if you'Re really lookin for an album
you gonna find it no matter what.. and you gonna buy it !!!

T

Coverarts arent needed but there should be a rule for out of print albums, it should be allowed to be shared + Coverarts.. Overseer you dirty bootlegger, dont act so inicent  ;D ;)
40oz Graphire

AlAndalus aka Hispanic

• 'G'
  • Back To Al Andalus
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2003, 06:13:23 AM »
That's what we are trying to tell. Rare albums and albums that are out of print, are almost unpossible to find. So i don't understand why it would be wrong to exchange cd covers. And we don't have to act like innocent, if we never have copied illegal a cd. Everybody does it, whatever they tell about it. That's just the way it goes these days.

Overseer i hope you understand our point of view. And like you just said, you know how difficult it is to get something in Europe.

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2003, 04:41:15 AM »
there are muthafuckaz who aint buyin one single album
fuck those

T
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2003, 06:04:13 AM »
That's what we are trying to tell. Rare albums and albums that are out of print, are almost unpossible to find. So i don't understand why it would be wrong to exchange cd covers. And we don't have to act like innocent, if we never have copied illegal a cd. Everybody does it, whatever they tell about it. That's just the way it goes these days.

Overseer i hope you understand our point of view. And like you just said, you know how difficult it is to get something in Europe.

Yeah yeah, when you be droppin' by homie? Hopefully karl is home tonight to watch some movie's coz I want to watch that 40 days & 40 nights, I saw the previews & laughed my azz off  ;D... holla or come on msn..
40oz Graphire