Author Topic: Early dj quik production  (Read 352 times)

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
Early dj quik production
« on: August 03, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
i do not have much info on dj quik raps or productions before quik is the name. i have one cd single from some dude on Ice T's old label named Bang-O and the single is called "big bang theory" and production credit goes to mixmaster quik, who, i am told, later changed his name to dj quik. the song came out in 88, years before quik is the name. has anyone heard this track or can anyone comment on any other super old quik tracks that are overlooked??? school me on super old quik material.

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Early dj quik production
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 11:44:44 PM »

Here is a very old and very rare  mixtape from DJ Quik dubbed 'The Red Tape" that was circling around Los Angeles back in 1987. This is one of the 'underground tapes' that DJ Quik was mentioning at the end of "Dollarz N Sense" when he was talking about 'Banging On Wax'.  The more people who download the less likely it is to get lost.At the end of "Dollars + Sense" Quik talks about being the first to bang on wax and references mixtapes he put out in 1987 in Compton.

The Red Tape 1987

Tracklist:
01. Reprise Intro feat. 2nd II None & AMG
02. Underground Terror feat. 2nd II None
03. Chocolate Lover feat. 2nd II None
04. Real Doe feat. 2nd II None & AMG
05. Word To The D feat. 2nd II None
06. My Dick feat. 2nd II None
07. Born And Raised In Compton
08. Rita Is A Bitch feat. 2nd II None
09. Good Thing
10. Ni**az Trippin' Freestyle feat. 2nd II None
11. Good Lover feat. 2nd II None
http://sharebee.com/c5bb6906

LostSkanless

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 02:03:03 PM »
^^^ this is not dj quik's mixtape, as a matter of fact if u listen to one of quiks verse it is from the way too fonky song. this is 2nd II nones demo tape which was released in the swat meets in LA. it wasnt meant to be called the red tape it was just released on red tapes & thats why people started calling it that. the only people quik had early production work with was ppc. i have never heard of quik working with ice t in the late eighties. thats straight info from kk from 2nd II none.

Elkoizm

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 05:22:22 PM »
I can't imagine anything prior to Quik Is The Name, is stuff we can get our hands on since it would've been very local and only on cassette. I guess the only people that were in LA at the time who went to the local swap meets, could really drop knowledge on Quik's old material.

tha letter d

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 05:34:04 PM »
Mixmaster Spade and DJ Quik are definitely two different people. Spade was way before Quik. He used to record with Toddy Tee & King Tee back in the day.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:37:34 PM by tha letter d »

Elkoizm

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 09:04:01 PM »
Mixmaster Spade and DJ Quik are definitely two different people. Spade was way before Quik. He used to record with Toddy Tee & King Tee back in the day.

Original post said Mixmaster Quik, not Spade.

RIP to Spade though. Quik's tribute to him on the Trauma mixtape was fire.

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 09:48:33 PM »

dude u either need to read shit over 3 times before u post some stupid shit or keep your post count at 37 and just lurk.

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 09:51:58 PM »
^^^ this is not dj quik's mixtape, as a matter of fact if u listen to one of quiks verse it is from the way too fonky song. this is 2nd II nones demo tape which was released in the swat meets in LA. it wasnt meant to be called the red tape it was just released on red tapes & thats why people started calling it that. the only people quik had early production work with was ppc. i have never heard of quik working with ice t in the late eighties. thats straight info from kk from 2nd II none.

same goes for you homie. make sure u understand the subject before u post something that makes u look ignorant. it was a guy called "Bang-O" he was affiliated with ice t. song came out late 88, cd single that i have is 89 and it is 100% quik.

makaveliapostle

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 07:43:40 AM »
^ dope.  any chance of you uploading that bang-o joint?

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »
yeah i'll post it up in a few days , right now i'm goin back and forth to the hospital to see my baby son  :)
its a cool song, just nice to have the cd since it might be the earliest officially released quik production

Portugoal

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 09:27:05 AM »
^ dope.  any chance of you uploading that bang-o joint?
:sign_withstupid: